Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i'm of the mindset that science has yet to even scratch the surface of what's possible. it will take a massive mentality change of every human being before we can start to even comprehend the mysteries of the universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Yup. Thats the way I think
    Well try to lick your elbow without breaking your hand or cutting your tongue

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epic fap View Post
    Well try to lick your elbow without breaking your hand or cutting your tongue
    What about double-jointed people
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    What about double-jointed people
    Well assuming he/she isn't ofc. Good try though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboardmash View Post
    I just have to point out that you misquoted him, he actually said "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
    meh, I was close
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Well assuming he/she isn't ofc. Good try though
    I do can this and I'm not double jointed.

Yeah, shit just got real MMOC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I do can this and I'm not double jointed.

Yeah, shit just got real MMOC.
    Well, ok. In that case it's impossible for you to tap your head with your right hand while stroking circle anti-clockwise on your stomach with left hand.

Can a photon of light bend spacetime?
    If so, could a sphere of infinitesimal size of enough photons of light create an event horizon thus creating a black hole?

Well, ok. In that case it's impossible for you to tap your head with your right hand while stroking circle anti-clockwise on your stomach with left hand.
    You're tricky, but I managed that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by theemann View Post
    Can a photon of light bend spacetime?
    If so, could a sphere of infinitesimal size of enough photons of light create an event horizon thus creating a black hole?
    No.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-10 at 01:38 AM.

No.
    Care to elaborate on your reasoning, light has momentum therefore energy it should have the ability to warp spacetime just as mass does.

Care to elaborate on your reasoning, light has momentum therefore energy it should have the ability to warp spacetime just as mass does.
    Why should it?

Also, light has no momentum. I'm pretty sure momentum is P=mv. Photons are massless.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-10 at 01:54 AM.

All it takes to warp spacetime is energy in some form, for example mass has energy and can be converted into energy through various means (for example nuclear fission), why should the bending of spacetime dissappear simply because the energy changed from mass into another type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    IMO everything is possible. We just need to discover it.
    It's not possible to "bleed" grass out of your ears... Not EVERYTHING is possible.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

All it takes to warp spacetime is energy in some form, for example mass has energy and can be converted into energy through various means (for example nuclear fission), why should the bending of spacetime dissappear simply because the energy changed from mass into another type.
    I did a little research I'm pretty sure I'm actually wrong. So I apologize, and at least I learned a little bit from it.

Stupid relativity.

Under General Relativity, all energy exerts gravity. However the gravity of light due to electromagnetic energy is extremely weak to the point of being unmesasurable (currently). I don't see how you can go from that to "creating a black hole".

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Under General Relativity, all energy exerts gravity. However the gravity of light due to electromagnetic energy is extremely weak to the point of being unmesasurable (currently). I don't see how you can go from that to "creating a black hole".
    Maybe you can answer this question for me, why do higher density object exert a greater gravitational pull than an object of the same mass, but less density? For example, black holes and neutron stars versus massive stars.

With the infinite amount of possibilities in the universe, there can logistically not be "impossible". Maybe different interpretations and limits of understanding.

Maybe you can answer this question for me, why do higher density object exert a greater gravitational pull than an object of the same mass, but less density? For example, black holes and neutron stars versus massive stars.
    Well, it doesn't really. It's just that you can get closer to the center of mass when the object has higher density.

I still prefer some evidence to back up claims, open-minded or not. What is all this about the earth's "energy"? The way you have is worded is strange, like there's some special form of energy that we have yet to discover that crisscrosses the earth and technical wizardry jargon teleportation?

I think I even heard something about tuning ourselves to this energy. Huh? Trying to translate this, are you saying we could turn ourselves into energy to somehow follow this flow? How would we not be destroyed, how would we be reformed to a human meat shell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I still prefer some evidence to back up claims, open-minded or not. What is all this about the earth's "energy"?
    Most of the OP is not really so much being "open-minded" as it is just some rather vaguely described and even more poorly explained ideas for sci-fi, with lots of gaps in both logic and the actual sentences (seriously, am I the only one who finds all the obviously missing words disjointing to read?). "Thinking outside the box" is a nice motto but a person's imagination with no evidence in reality is not a substitute for actual science.