Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs Darklighter View Post
    Anyone remember when we used to play well designed games and enjoy them?
    Just wondering what games do you have in mind here?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

It's a really cool idea, and I am curious to see if anyone does purchase that rediculously expensive pick or how the winner of it all breaks the news to others. Will it be spread by word of mouth, or will the guy be recording his gameplay? I'm also wondering if it will ever come to light, as everyone would be claiming to have the answer if it isn't recorded. I wonder what it'll be?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    "It's an insane amount of money," Molyneux said. "This is not a money-making exercise; it is a test about the psychology of monetisation."
    Thats cool, then give all the money to charity?

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is an interesting thought experiment (or maybe even a lab experiment), but not something that should ever be made and published for the general public.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hope that these people at least got their money back if there is going to be nothing in the box or whatever. Sounds more like a scam than an experiment.

Iwata holding a banana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Just wondering what games do you have in mind here?
    I was more referencing the fact that there is so much novelty bullshit going on right now. Hype about things which noone wants. Accessories and plugins that noone asked for, strange bastardizations of IPs, etc. Im an old school gamer and I still love gaming due to there still being a massive amount of well made games today. But sometimes companies just lose sight/sanity and go off on some crazy tangent or social experiment. Im all for new ideas and innovation but most of the time gamers just want well made games they can get lost in.
    This guy used to be in Bullfrog which simply made some of the best strategy games of all time.

Now heres doing this:

"Players will be able to buy stronger chisels as DLC. An iron chisel costs 59p and offers ten times the clout of the default tool. There’s also a diamond chisel. That’s 100,000 times more powerful. But there’s only one… and it costs £50,000.

It's an insane amount of money," Molyneux told New Scientist. "This is not a money-making exercise; it is a test about the psychology of monetisation."

Can we just have a game please? Not some experiment revolving around the power of social advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I also can't imagine what they'd ever put inside the cube. Imagine if they immediately refund your money, or it's just something completely terrible.
    My guess- A half eaten sandwich or a dead pigeon.

he wants to see if people are gonna go crazy over it

I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs Darklighter View Post
    I was more referencing the fact that there is so much novelty bullshit going on right now. Hype about things which noone wants. Accessories and plugins that noone asked for, strange bastardizations of IPs, etc. Im an old school gamer and I still love gaming due to there still being a massive amount of well made games today. But sometimes companies just lose sight/sanity and go off on some crazy tangent or social experiment. Im all for new ideas and innovation but most of the time gamers just want well made games they can get lost in.
    This guy used to be in Bullfrog which simply made some of the best strategy games of all time.

Now heres doing this:

"Players will be able to buy stronger chisels as DLC. An iron chisel costs 59p and offers ten times the clout of the default tool. There’s also a diamond chisel. That’s 100,000 times more powerful. But there’s only one… and it costs £50,000.

It's an insane amount of money," Molyneux told New Scientist. "This is not a money-making exercise; it is a test about the psychology of monetisation."

Can we just have a game please? Not some experiment revolving around the power of social advertising.
    Ok Sorry I thought you were trying to say something different. Some times though it's nice to see something new. I've never used it but I think kinect is a great thing for games.

As for some crazy thing like this.... It's just stupid and a waste of time. I don't see what you can learn from it except how some idiots will spend too much money for nothing.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc View Post
    I think it's an interesting experiment to prove is curiosity can outweigh common sense.
    Pretty sure thousands of years of history have provided enough sample data on this theory being true.

Deleted
    His mum will probably buy it, like Entrepreneur!