10+ Year Old Account

Demon Hunter Help

Hey guys first off Im going to start by saying that I AM A NOOB. With that said, I am a Level 57 Demon Hunter stuck in act 2 hell. Ya that sounds pathetic doesn't it? Well thats me. I dont know what Im doing wrong, maybe its my gear maybe its my skills, maybe its because I suck, I dont know. What Im asking to fellow Demon Hunters is for a good cookie cutter (I know there isnt really one and it depends on your playstyle) build of skills to go off of, maybe some strategies to kill mobs namely rares and elites, should I gear dex and gem dex? should i gear vit and gem vit? should I gear dex and gem vit? should I gear vit and gem dex? I DONT KNOW! I just need some help.

Stats are as follows:
    1083 Dexterity
    377 Vitality
    1907 Armor
    10650 Damage (19179 With Sharpshooter)
    12698 Health
    Last edited by Yosef1015; 2012-06-07 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Green gems (except maybe for helm)

Get a good DPS 2H weapon (best you can afford) with a quiver. (there's debate, but 2H xbows work well with SS)

Damage>Dex>crit hit damage (if using SS)>attack speed

I was in love with double chakrams for clearing out hordes until I hit 59 (when you get nether tentacles). But ball lightning, and frost runes on elemental arrows are good dual purpose skills too (function almost like an AoE, with high single target dps).

Hungering arrow - shatter is your hate gainer.

Get used to having prep on your abilities. You can't live without it in inferno. Probably the same can be said about smokescreen.

The rest? play around. I avoid anything "grenady" as I hate arming times. Get used to dodging. Get used to using terrain to your advantage (caltrops in a doorway, etc). You'll get there. Your stats aren't bad for your level and act.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2012-06-07 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Green gems (except maybe for helm)

Get a good DPS 2H weapon (best you can afford) with a quiver.

Damage>Dex>crit hit damage (if using SS)>attack speed

I was in love with double chakrams for clearing out hordes until I hit 59 (when you get nether tentacles). But ball lightning, and frost runes on elemental arrows are good dual purpose skills too (function almost like an AoE, with high single target dps).

Hungering arrow - shatter is your hate gainer.

Get used to having prep on your abilities. You can't live without it in inferno. Probably the same can be said about smokescreen.

The rest? play around. I avoid anything "grenady" as I hate arming times. Get used to dodging. Get used to using terrain to your advantage (caltrops in a doorway, etc). You'll get there. Your stats aren't bad for your level and act.
    Thanks for the info, you said damage is over crit hit (I am using SS) so would I put a red or green gem in my weapon? And I really like cluster arrow is this good or bad cause i know it uses a ton of hatred, also other than SS what passives are generally the best?
    Last edited by Yosef1015; 2012-06-07 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    Thanks for the info, you said damage is over crit hit (I am using SS) so would I put a red or green gem in my weapon? And I really like cluster arrow is this good or bad cause i know it uses a ton of hatred
    Can't comment about cluster. I'v never used it. I found elemental arrow to be a good jack of all trades skill with high hate:damage ratio.

I'll let a number cruncher answer your other question. there may be a breaking point where damage gems are better. When your damage is high enough, plus crit hit damage (green) is always better. Especially if you're running with SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    Hey guys first off Im going to start by saying that I AM A NOOB. With that said, I am a Level 57 Demon Hunter stuck in act 2 hell. Ya that sounds pathetic doesn't it? Well thats me. I dont know what Im doing wrong, maybe its my gear maybe its my skills, maybe its because I suck, I dont know. What Im asking to fellow Demon Hunters is for a good cookie cutter (I know there isnt really one and it depends on your playstyle) build of skills to go off of, maybe some strategies to kill mobs namely rares and elites, should I gear dex and gem dex? should i gear vit and gem vit? should I gear dex and gem vit? should I gear vit and gem dex? I DONT KNOW! I just need some help.

Stats are as follows:
    1083 Dexterity
    377 Vitality
    1907 Armor
    10650 Damage (19179 With Sharpshooter)
    12698 Health
    Why is your health so low? Im only lvl 44 and I have 11k health... I'm guessing you focused on damage over health, which is probably why you keep dieing....
    Oh, and as for clusters of enemies, I use marked for death (valley of death rune), caltrops (jagged spikes), shadow power (blood moon), and rain of vengeance (beastly bombs). I use marked for death on the biggest enemy in the group, then place a caltrop. If its really bad, ill do rain of vengeance when they start to come at me. the caltrop will stop them and the vengeance will kill most of them. If you're low on health use shadow power right as you call in rain of vengeance and you'll heal a ridiculous amount.
    Last edited by the original; 2012-06-10 at 04:37 PM.

Here's the build I'd recommend to get you through hell.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XRV!Tec!YcbZZc

When you hit 59 I'd swap out frost arrow for nether tentacles and cull the weak for thrill of the hunt.

This is the build I used and I died less in hell than I did in Normal.