Question Heroic Spine 10 man - Need Help / Info

this is 10 man heroic issue we been having and is sorta lost on it a bit ... Burning Tendon does Not go down on the 2nd Breach. was wondering what we need to do improve our dps to push into 2nd plate.

Question:
    1. How much health does the Burning Tendon have with the 25% Nerf to it? (If possible post both before 25% and with 25% if anyone knows)
    2. Min required dps needed for Burning Tendon? (or average)

This what we are doing.
    The standing and rolling are going fine with min amount of dmg going out ... 3 healing it (Priest, Shammy, Pally) Priest is strickly on dispells, Shammy healing Raid mostly witht he pally on tanks and back up... Priest is holy so doing aoe heals there to help out as well..

When we get to the Burning tendon part.. our dps seems high at first and we get it between (not conferm really just est.) 50 - 70 %, but when it comes time for 2nd lift our dps is low and we cant brake it off. (est. 20 - 30 %) rough guess on the tendon %.

Yes we blow CD's and what not (NOT Hero saving for 3rd plate), just to push it.. Thought that came up was to split our dps CD's in a way.. example:> first group of dps blows CD's on first lift... 2nd group blows CD's ont he 2nd lift. .. Hoping we could blow it up little easier and faster.

Please any advice on the Burning Tendon would help (Dps that is), it is our biggest issue at the moment.
    Sorry for my english, and grammar.
    Last edited by Noix; 2012-06-07 at 05:13 PM.

Post up some World of Log reports and/or your team composition.

And your DPS sounds low. First lift should bring it down to at least 45% for comfort.

From the information you are giving it seems that your dps team is pretty weak as it is not uncommon for guilds to break a plate in 1 round with proper cooldown stacking (2 plates in 1 round is not hard with a proper burst set-up and coordination). You should aim at having the plate drop to 40-45% on the first round as you will have less cooldowns available for the 2nd round on each plate.

Wake your dps up, let them reforge/regem/respec for this fight. They got to get their burst optimalization sorted. Make sure they are using the valor points "on use" trinket and only use cooldowns on tendon burst. There is no other point in the fight where dps matters at this point.

Compare your logs with guilds that are killing spine, it shouldn't be too hard to find the flaws.

Mage(Arc/Fire) 3532373 25.6 %
    Spriest 2560283 18.6 %
    Shammy(Ehn) 1825695 13.2 %
    Druid(boom) 1454889 10.5 %
    DK(tank) 1449854 10.5 %
    Hunter(SS) 1328828 9.6 %
    Dk(tank) 1023608 7.4 %

Well lost 1 of the Main post i did for everything... sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    only part of the fight where dps matters is tendon, amalgs will get low enough w/o dps cooldowns

dps should all be using valor point "on use" trinkets (rotting skull, etc) and blowing all cds as soon as tendon comes up

if your tendons aren't dying in 2 lifts its a simple dps issue, time cds and push your buttons harder basically

source: 8/8H exp
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    only part of the fight where dps matters is tendon, amalgs will get low enough w/o dps cooldowns

dps should all be using valor point "on use" trinkets (rotting skull, etc) and blowing all cds as soon as tendon comes up

if your tendons aren't dying in 2 lifts its a simple dps issue, time cds and push your buttons harder basically

source: 8/8H exp
    just wanted to say i want your outfit >.>

thank you for your advice... we agreed we need about 1mill dmg each to do it if not more

Theres a few tricks to the tendon burns.

The first is make the VP trinket mandatory for the fight for dps'rs. Its 2250 or so int / str / agi for the respective class for 15 sec on a 1.5min cooldown. This means its always available for a tendon burst.

The second is that you have to make a target macro for the tendon. It's targetable before you can see it so a macro is madatory. The macro should be spammed when an amalg is casting nuclear blast (perfect the timing based on what works for you) so that you aren't wasting GCD's on getting your cooldowns running.
    For example, an arcane mages would look something like this:

/cleartarget
    /tar boss2
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /use Bottled Wishes
    /cast presence of mind
    /cast arcane power
    /cast arcane blast

Third thing, if you are still struggling is fight specific reforging / respeccing to maximise burst. s/priests stacking mastery and so on.

We aren't the best raiders in the world and when we started progress we'd get a tendon down to 60%. Now we can get it to 30% without lust and pots pretty consistently, its just perfecting the rotation and that comes with time.

Looking ahead, the trickiest part of the fight is actually the rolls / 3rd plate. I'd spend some time planning out the rolls if I were you, healer CD rotation and so on. They hurt a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

The first is make the VP trinket mandatory for the fight for dps'rs. Its 2250 or so int / str / agi for the respective class for 15 sec on a 1.5min cooldown. This means its always available for a tendon burst.

The second is that you have to make a target macro for the tendon. It's targetable before you can see it so a macro is madatory. The macro should be spammed when an amalg is casting nuclear blast (perfect the timing based on what works for you) so that you aren't wasting GCD's on getting your cooldowns running.

/cleartarget
    /tar boss2
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /use Bottled Wishes
    /cast presence of mind
    /cast arcane power
    /cast arcane blast

Third thing, if you are still struggling is fight specific reforging / respeccing to maximise burst. s/priests stacking mastery and so on.

We aren't the best raiders in the world and when we started progress we'd get a tendon down to 60%. Now we can get it to 30% without lust and pots pretty consistently, its just perfecting the rotation and that comes with time.

Looking ahead, the trickiest part of the fight is actually the rolls / 3rd plate. I'd spend some time planning out the rolls if I were you, healer CD rotation and so on. They hurt a lot!
    Great trick, you beat me to posting it. :P

we was talking about a macro to use for the tendon... that will help alot THANK YOU very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Noix View Post
    When we get to the Burning tendon part.. our dps seems high at first and we get it between (not conferm really just est.) 50 - 70 %, but when it comes time for 2nd lift our dps is low and we cant brake it off. (est. 20 - 30 %) rough guess on the tendon %.
    Wow, sorry for saying this but your dps team seems really lackluster :/ Even with our raid comp, sporting a pretty shyte lock, we manage to get every tendon at about 25% in one lift without pots, lust etc.

I always make sure to have my Valor trinket macro'd before my Vanish, still have it bound on q (azerty keyboard) in case it doesn't go off, have my /target Burning Tendon macro bound on z and basically spam it as soon as the amalg explodes.

Really, I dunno what advice I could give you, except tell your dps to get moving :/ Even for classes that aren't that great for this fight, they are performing very poorly.

That was our first try really (that day) so trying get as much advice for our next week raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

/cleartarget
    /tar boss2
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /use Bottled Wishes
    /cast presence of mind
    /cast arcane power
    /cast arcane blast

Arc mages would also use mana gem and they would throw up their ward for the second pulse of the amalg supernova thing. I sit on around 25k spell power for the first 5 seconds of the tendon and 18k for the rest.