View Poll Results: Well?333

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • YES!

7 29.17%
  • NO!

17 70.83%

[Suggestion] Aspect of The Dazed revamped!

Aspect of The Cheetah
    When this aspect is activated, your movement speed would gradually build up by 30% while moving in 5 seconds. If you stop, or run for more than 20 seconds, the movement speed would gradually revert back in 5 seconds.

Yes or No? I'm basing this idea of cheetahs irl have to build momentum to build up speed and the burst of speed only last for few seconds.

When I use cheetah its usually to eliminate those five seconds. By the time it builds up to 30% I'm already at where I wanted to be.

I don't like this and feel its fine the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine the way it is.

I thought they already changed it? Something about same increase in run speed, but canceled upon receiving damage as well as a 4-second lockout of all aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I thought they already changed it? Something about same increase in run speed, but canceled upon receiving damage as well as a 4-second lockout of all aspects.
    Only if you glyph it. Otherwise it remains the same.

Deleted
    Don't want the daze, many other classes got their negative effects removed, like warrior stances, rogue stealth movement penalty and many many others.
    Besides that, hunters almost always have the lowest arena representation. (<-- all arguments begin here)
    Currently, for whatever reason, only warriors managed to be even worse.

The daze effect is not fine.
    It's an additional negative effect, on top of the fact that we lose the benefit of the other aspect when we choose cheetah.
    The glyph helps a bit, but it costs a glyph and we still lose 30%.

If someone a few years ago would have said, that he wants rogues to move faster in stealth than non stealthed, they would have declared him insane. Now it's reality.
    What was the rogue stealth speed in classic? 70%? 85%? I can't remember it. Now they are at 127% stealthed! The negative effect of stealth got turned into a positive one, it's like we would gain an additional 30% movement speed when we are hit in cheetah, resulting in 160%... lol.

Alone the fact that they introduce a cheetah glyph in MoP is proof enough, that blizzard also thinks that the daze is not really ok, they just have a very careful approach, like always.

Or just compare Mage with Hunter. A mage is a RANGED class with great mobility and LOTS of roots and snares and CCs, and a very positive arena representation history.
    Yet, longer ago, they got something additional, called blazing speed? A passive root / snare dispel with a speed boost included, accessible for all specs?
    For sure this thing wasn't necessary, not for a high mobility high CC class like a mage. It still happened, and we can live with it. No problem. What if a hunter, who isn't any better regarding mobility / snares / CC than a mage, would get something similar? This is far more powerful than +30% movement speed without daze that cheetah could offer.

What I want to say, is that most people completely overreact when it comes to possible buffs. They always think it will make a class close to invincible.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-06-09 at 05:51 AM.

How in the world being dazed is fine?

10+ Year Old Account
    just remove the daze effect on it and it'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    How in the world would it be fine without a penalty? I'd rather be dazed than have a CD or ramp up time to get the speed.
    Last edited by Dhryke; 2012-06-09 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    How in the world would it be fine without a penalty? I'd rather be dazed than have a CD or ramp up time to get the speed.
    The penalty of using cheetah is not being able other aspects like Hawk for competitive damage.[COLOR="red"]

Being dazed is not a penalty, it's a punishment. A penalty would be something like losing the buff. Besides we are already penalized for using cheetah; not being able to use any other aspect for competitive damage.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2012-06-10 at 02:46 PM.