This is what the media thinks of us...

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-ki...8suzu8CqvE#_=_

All they think is that we are some violent bunch of people. WoW makes us killers apparently -_-
    Hail Lord Bjor!

Quote Originally Posted by MythDanish View Post

All they think is that we are some violent bunch of people. WoW makes us killers apparently -_-
    Of course it could be that serial killers like to occasionally take a break from all the stalking and killing, and chill out and play some wow to relax after a long hard day of murder.

Quote Originally Posted by MythDanish View Post

You are taking one journalists approach to a story entirely out of context.... but then again..... you're a WoW player, and if they're not whining then they are blowing something WAY out of proportion. No one important really cares what this one person is writing about someone who is mentally ill and how WoW may have contributed to it....... so it doesn't really matter.

Seems to me you may be a bit insecure after reading the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Seems that everything I read on WoW is "It creates Killers" is what I mean.

I mean whoopty doo that the man plays WoW, it just irks me that people that don't even play the game Brand it, and judge us because we have fun.
    Hail Lord Bjor!

Most things in the media are provocative to sell papers/views.

But then again, it goes both ways. Plenty of people think the media is run by the 'illuminati' or other crazy things like that

I stopped reading at Anders Breivik

Its just an attempt to sell and trying to blame something for someone killing others, Theres no excuse besides a mental problem or disturbing child hood (Sorry if that sounds harsh, not sure how else to put it)

Anyway I don't really care for what the media is you can't label everyone as a whole I only care for what those around me think of me Friends/Family

"It is not relevant to this case whatsoever," Breivik said, getting so upset that he threatened to turn off his microphone, according to Norwegian newspaper Verdens Gang.
    Well there's one thing I can agree with him on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the comments underneath the article are hilarious.

I'm just surprised to see an article about "killer" and "violent video games" that didn't mention GTA.

Wait so we're not serial killers? Oh god... I've been living a lie.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its not really "just what the media think" - its the prosecutor who thinks that way and he is an utter moron for not thinking more about the matter, but instantly conclude that he got violent due to the game (so all others must clearly be too). Unfortunately the journalist in this case (and probably other cases too) follows that idiotic line of thought - possibly since drama sells - instead of thinking as well to conclude why the prosecutor doesn´t think. Might as well conclude he got violent listening to that crappy music he played during.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    funny thing is ... that guy is quite insane, he killed lots of people without feeling guilty (it seems),
    and yet, when they try to make WoW to one of the reasons, he defends the game.

he protects WoW, but can kill innocents...

oh well on topic itself:
    always when i read about some media-guy blaming some game for something that is way more complex,
    i think to myself, more than 50 years ago the television caused all this "harm"

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a thread on this http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Hours-Per-Day