Beta log in check-worry

you know when i was at work today i was a little worried that when i start up gw2 and try to log in during the beta an error would occur i think it would be great if 2 days prior to bwe that anet would allow us to attempt to log in and if any errors were to occur it would give us time to email them and get some help instead of having the error during the bwe and missing it completely which would make quite a few unhappy. god forbid anyone have problems for gw2 bwe i wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy to have an errors unless they really hated the game and were just checking it out >.>.

but yes do any of you share the same concern's that something could go wrong during the start and you would miss out on the event?. even just being able to enter the selection screen would be some good confirmation

I try not to think about it lol.
    The thoughts occurred a couple times...and yh, makes me feel queasy

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I try not to think about it lol.
    The thoughts occurred a couple times...and yh, makes me feel queasy
    yeah that feeling isnt good <.< especially if your playing the game for the first time after looking forward to it for so long and the thought of when the next bwe event is makes me wana hurl ;/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vilereaver41 View Post
    you know when i was at work today i was a little worried that when i start up gw2 and try to log in during the beta an error would occur i think it would be great if 2 days prior to bwe that anet would allow us to attempt to log in and if any errors were to occur it would give us time to email them and get some help instead of having the error during the bwe and missing it completely which would make quite a few unhappy. god forbid anyone have problems for gw2 bwe i wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy to have an errors unless they really hated the game and were just checking it out >.>.

but yes do any of you share the same concern's that something could go wrong during the start and you would miss out on the event?. even just being able to enter the selection screen would be some good confirmation
    The point with the beta testing is to test wether or not there are errors. It's not so that we can demo-test the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had an error after i went in and changed my graphics on the log in screen....said critical error stopped gw2 from working I fucking shat myself 3 days before BWE....closed down comp and it downloaded 8 files and works fine again....so im okay atm but yea fuck me sideways did i lose it...

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The point with the beta testing is to test wether or not there are errors. It's not so that we can demo-test the game.
    i knew someone like you would post eventually ^^ even so it bassicaly does the same thing bringing up the selection 2 days early to see if we are able to log in and then fixing the problem afterall we did pay for the fact of being able to log on during the bwe and if we werent able to then why buy it now correct? arent we entitled to play the bwe sure we will look for bugs but something like that wouldnt hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    I had an error after i went in and changed my graphics on the log in screen....said critical error stopped gw2 from working I fucking shat myself 3 days before BWE....closed down comp and it downloaded 8 files and works fine again....so im okay atm but yea fuck me sideways did i lose it...
    hope i dont have that problem... O.O

yeah that feeling isnt good <.< especially if your playing the game for the first time after looking forward to it for so long and the thought of when the next bwe event is makes me wana hurl ;/
    Aye similar boat. Missed the first one...and something unexpected happening that prevents me from playing this one.......
    I's just find a dark corner and roll up.
    They mean a critical error that stops you from even being able to test. Can understand that concern.

Why does it have to start at Midday /cry. So instead of it starting in just over 90 minutes we have to wait an extra 12 hours /sadpanda

Lol...similar thing to me yesterday. Got a blue screen on the login screen.
    Windows did 29 important updates since so think it was just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Aye similar boat. Missed the first one...and something unexpected happening that prevents me from playing this one.......
    I's just find a dark corner and roll up.

They mean a critical error that stops you from even being able to test. Can understand that concern.
    missed the first bwe? i dont think id be able to handle that ;/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I plan to actually test....but it'll help if i can log in to do said testing =P....I currently have a list of all the things I want to test out and upload to youtube etc...features like ingame music playlist sync and stopping when cinematics pop up....to unit collision etc etc. can't wait man 13 hours to go.

Yea I plan to actually test....but it'll help if i can log in to do said testing =P....I currently have a list of all the things I want to test out and upload to youtube etc...features like ingame music playlist sync and stopping when cinematics pop up....to unit collision etc etc. can't wait man 13 hours to go.
    im going straight to testing all the main features getting used to crafting the UI wvwvw etc to prepare myself no time to stream or anything >;p

10+ Year Old Account
    im going straight to testing all the main features getting used to crafting the UI wvwvw etc to prepare myself no time to stream or anything >;p
    Nice yea I'll be smashing through that stuff but I'm trying to think of things that I'm hoping others might overlook so I can test the little things that may help make or break the release of things game....btw i just downlaoded a further 100 files or whatever so reminder keep checking the download right up to beta launch =)

Nice yea I'll be smashing through that stuff but I'm trying to think of things that I'm hoping others might overlook so I can test the little things that may help make or break the release of things game....btw i just downlaoded a further 100 files or whatever so reminder keep checking the download right up to beta launch =)
    got that small patch allready thanks though its a little funny that they sneak in small patches haha. geez i really cant wait to feed my gw2 addiction for awhile iv stocked up a few things for an overnighter

If you actually believe the majority are playing this to "test the game," this must be your first ever beta...

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    If you actually believe the majority are playing this to "test the game," this must be your first ever beta...
    While true to a large extent; we all also "test" in different ways. I know some people in the beta that try to break it, they do weird things like running against a wall for 30 minutes while eating a sandwich or jumping on things over and over and over for some inordinate amount of time. Personally I test it as if I were playing the game. Because we all have different play styles, I test it as if I was playing it; this way if an error occurs, I can give them a description of that error in terms of my pc specs and my play style and how all that relates. SO that me and those who play similar to me, wont have that error occur upon release.

OK, I feel I did not explain that all that well, but if you don't understand something I'll attempt to clear it up.

And to attempt to stay on topic. Part of this whole BWE thing is to also find these errors (albeit, a majority of people dont get any). If something does happen, put it on a post in A-net's GW2 Forums, or send them a message via twitter (they are very active there, especially during the BWE), or do both. They hammered out some similar stuff fairly quickly last BWE as well if I recall correctly.

Its a beta, there will be issues/error/bugs. Last BWE i couldnt get in untill Saterday due to log in issues, and id suffer from frequent disconnects, which could take upto 2h to get back in again. And even if i could immediatly reconnect, you'd be bumped down in the queue to join your server, so i spend all my time in the overflow servers.
    If you are hoping smooth sailing, im with you on that one. If you expect smooth sailing, you're out of your mind. Dont see this as a demo to play early, cause you'll have a bad time. They didnt give any word on optimization yet either, so expect poor framerates to still be a common thing.

Beta testing was a little extra they threw in, not a priviledge you had to pay for, just look at all the free beta give aways. You payed up front for your 3 days early start, and some bonus items.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Just because a lot of people believe in a stupid idea, its still a stupid idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I have been OCD about it ever since I got plagued with the launcher bug a couple of days ago. I opened up the launcher and hit play again just this morning before I left for work to make sure everything was ship shape. Now.. I just got to figure out how to make this work day move faster..