Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ign E3 awards /facepalm...

best overall game: tomb raider - beat: The Last of Us, ZombiU, Beyond: Two Souls, Halo 4, Watch Dogs, Borderlands 2, Project P-100 and others.

best xbox 360 game: Halo 4 - beat: Watch Dogs, tomb raider (lolwhat? see above..), Borderlands 2, Assassin’s Creed III Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and others.

best ps3 game: the last of us - beat: Watch Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls, tomb raider (again lolwhat?), God of War Ascension, borderlands 2 and others.

best Wii U game: pikmin 3 - beat: ZombiU, Project P-100, Assassin's Creed III, New Super Mario Bros. U, Rayman Legends and Nintendo Land.

best pc game: Watch Dogs - beat: Borderlands 2, Dishonored, SimCity, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Assassin’s Creed III, Tomb Raider(???) and others.

best 3ds game: New Super Mario Bros. 2 - beat: Heroes of Ruin, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -- Mirror of Fate.

best ps vita game: Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation - beat: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, LittleBigPlanet, Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time and others.

best mobile game: Infinity Blade: Dungeons - beat: The Act and Demon's Score.

best action game: Assassin’s Creed III - beat: God of War Ascension, Project P-100, Beyond: Two Souls, The Last of Us, tomb raider, halo 4 and others.

best shooter: Halo 4 - beat: ZombiU, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and others.

best new trailer: Tomb Raider - beat: ZombiU, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and Ni No Kuni.

best new franchise: Watch Dogs - beat: The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Sleeping Dogs, The Unfinished Swan, Project P-100 and Quantum Conundrum.

most innovative: The Unfinished Swan - beat: ZombiU, Project P-100, Quantum Conundrum, Nintendo Land and Dust 514.

coolest tech: Unreal Engine 4 Elemental Demo - beat: Madden NFL 13 Physics and Xbox SmartGlass.

biggest surprise: Watch Dogs - beat: Project P-100, The Unfinished Swan, Wii U Pro controller, UFC & EA partnership, Star Wars 1313 and The Walking Dead: The Game -- Episode 2: Starving For Help.

best fighting game: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - beat: Dead or Alive 5 and Persona 4 Arena.

best platformer: Rayman Legends - beat: LittleBigPlanet, New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Mario Bros. 2

best MMO: PlanetSide 2 - beat: Elder Scrolls Online, Dust 514, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Neverwinter, DC Universe Online and others.

best sports game: FIFA Soccer 13 - beat: Madden NFL 13 and NBA 2K13.

best puzzle game: The Unfinished Swan - beat: Quantum Conundrum.

best strategy game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown - beat: Pikmin 3, End of Nations and Company of Heroes 2.

best racing game: Need For Speed: Most Wanted - beat: Forza Horizon and LittleBigPlanet Karting.

best RPG: South Park: The Stick of Truth - beat: Ni Nu Kuni and Torchlight II.

who won E3 race is looking like this: Sony - beating microsft (2nd) and nintendo (3rd).

so what are your thoughts?

It's IGN. I don't particularly care much.

I don't see anything particularly questionable other than Tomb Raider being top overall and nothing else, but even that's pretty meh.

Seriously, IGN? How did South Park beat Torchlight 2?
    Hi.

Deleted
    IGN, sucking big corporate dongs. They get payed for saying those things.

Dishonored was the best game on the show by a long shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only questionable one I find is the best 3ds game category... Sure Mario is good and all... But it is always the same game! You can play one Mario game and you've played them all! And it beat kingdom hearts dream drop distance.
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post

Or subjective opinion is subjective.

That too.

what confuses me is if tomb raider is the best overall game how does it not win 360, ps3 and pc awards as it is mostly against the same competition? you can't lose to 3 games you're meant to be better then :/ IGN's on something funny...

I'm no fan of them, obviously they aren't true gamers just people getting paid to throw out random opinions.

lol funny

watchdogs and last of us were the only things that were really new/intriguing. I am a huge AC fan and was very satisfied with their showing and the tomb raider lookings very promising.

and i love halo and all but really? they add some new enemys and now its TOTALLY BETTER THAN LOTS OF STUFF AT E3!. so many ppl whined about halo 3.... and they pretty much did a copy paste.

ign made a bad list imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post

lol pretty much, i thought Watch Dogs and ZombiU got the best cheers considering they're new franchises and there cheers almost rivaled halo 4's.

Quote Originally Posted by SlashFacePalm View Post
    hilarious seeing that south park had ZERO gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    what confuses me is if tomb raider is the best overall game how does it not win 360, ps3 and pc awards as it is mostly against the same competition? you can't lose to 3 games you're meant to be better then :/ IGN's on something funny...

I'm no fan of them, obviously they aren't true gamers just people getting paid to throw out random opinions.
    I hope you're not serious, come on man, use logic. Don't post without thinking things through. The reason it didn't sweep all categories is because the game plays differently on each console. Out of all the games, it was the most consistent for PC, Xbox and PS3... The other games were better on certain consoles. Halo 4 won xbox 360 because it's the best game out there for xbox... that's why.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I hope you're not serious, come on man, use logic. Don't post without thinking things through. The reason it didn't sweep all categories is because the game plays differently on each console. Out of all the games, it was the most consistent for PC, Xbox and PS3... The other games were better on certain consoles. Halo 4 won xbox 360 because it's the best game out there for xbox... that's why.
    I refuse to believe that, if it's a better game it should sweep otherwise that's basically saying that a better action game would never beat an fps game on the 360 (which i'm sure has happened/will happen). and it didn't win on any platform (ps3, 360 or pc) so how did it win best overall? it got beaten by 3 games it beat in the overall category lol.
    Last edited by evilgnomey; 2012-06-08 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC

Because at big events like this usually the "overall top x" isn't given the lesser prizes as well.

IE: Remember the Kanye thing w/Taylor Swift? Taylor won the best music video by a female artist and she beat Beyonce. Kanye then made an ass of himself. Do you remember who won the best overall music video? Beyonce.

It's the same concept here minus the Kanye "I'll let you finish Taylor".

People still take IGN seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh IGN has gone down in quality for a while now, they're lists are always lacking. Hell, they can't even seem to use a proper video player it's always crappy.

IGN has always given the awards to the people who pay them money. I tend to agree with most, but Tomb Raider was not good compared to AC3, Watch_Dogs, Halo4, Beyond, The Last of Us, etc. Tomb Raider looked good, but not that good. Ubisoft outright took the show fairly easily with AC3 and introducing a new ip (Watch_Dogs), however Halo 4 was amazing as were many other games. Best overall imo was The Last of Us/Watch_Dogs. They were new IPs and they both looked awesome.

Also lol at Southpark, I can only conclude that that was put there as a joke because of how much a surprise it was. Regardless IGN, Gamespot and all those other sites never put the top games on the list. They put whoever pays them the most money on the list. There is a reason they consider COD the best shooter ever to exist year after year.

i'm trying to find a site i can take seriously, i want opinions from unbiased true veteran gamers, who aren't fanboys. That's why i enjoy all the retro gamer channels on youtube such as Classic game room.

I refuse to believe that, if it's a better game it should sweep otherwise that's basically saying that a better action game would never beat an fps game on the 360 (which i'm sure has happened/will happen). and it didn't win on any platform (ps3, 360 or pc) so how did it win best overall? it got beaten by 3 games it beat in the overall category lol.
    Perhaps those specific games play the best in those categories, but are rather lackluster everywhere else.

And the other thing mentioned - perhaps it as a rather close call and they felt the other games were only slightly less, so they got the nod for respective categories other than best game.

Can't say anybody here can be a valid judge. After all, none of us have played these games. Tomb Raider might kick ass all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Refuse to believe facts? lol... The reason Halo 4 isn't the best game overall is because you can't play it on a Ps3 and PC which takes away from it drastically.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by SlashFacePalm View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. But then I remember that it's IGN.