Poll: How many rats are there?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Fair enough. Is this one apple or two apples (or 1.5 apples since one is smaller or a new species of fruit?)
    Ooh, now this gets interesting.

At first glance I'd say that would be two apples. Apples come in all shapes and sizes, if I were to separate the two and place next to each other, I'd count two apples even if it looked like a bite had been taken out of each.

Then I started thinking about the varieties of apples. If the large apple is, for example an Akane apple, then the small one has to be an Akane apple as well. But apple varieties have well defined characteristics, including size (I think). If the small one does not qualify as an Akane apple, then we don't have two Akane apples. But it can't be of any other variety either, given that it came from the same tree as it's 'host' apple. It can't be a new species of apple either, because I'm fairly confident you couldn't tell it apart from an Akane apple based on it's genome.

I think we might have one apple and one... non-apple.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping that this would be a slightly more intellectual topic...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I was hoping that this would be a slightly more intellectual topic...
    Sorry Fuzzie, I was just tired of the so many topics seeing people say stuff like "I'm right and you're wrong"with no basis whatsoever and even bringing them tons of arguments against it, this was my way of showing how sometimes people become so into an idea that they become fanatics of it, refusing to accept anything else even that somebody could have a different opinion, even if they don't agree with it, even when proof is brought to them.

It is, in a way, an intellectual topic because, I hope, it makes people realize this and make them think how a problem can be seen more ways then one. It's rather a more psychological natter. then a true science definition.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-06-12 at 01:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love rats. I want to know more about that rat. Or rats. I think that is two rats in one.
    ~You don't need a reason to help someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    No big question since there is only one correct answer. It's two rats sharing one body - there was a problem during the cell seperation in the early stages of the embryos.

It's called Polycephaly and there are two girls sharing one body. Both girls are very different in preferences and wishes. It's 2 persons that can only control one body.

^^^Abigail and Brittany Hensel, amazing youtube interview.
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

If each head has independent thought from the other.....then two rats.

It could be that both heads think the same thing at the same time.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphie View Post
    If each head has independent thought from the other.....then two rats.

It could be that both heads think the same thing at the same time.....
    As it has been proved by the two humans with same problem, their picture quoted just a post above, they don't. Abigail and Brittany are totally different, they do seem to sense the same things (which is odd, for when one has a scratch, the hand controlled by the other one can reach for it even without saying for example as they said) but except these minor things they think fully different.

I cannot change my vote but I would if I could. After watching the video of Abigail & Brittany, it is most definitely two bodies merged into one. Though I read your edit Arnorei and it was quiet interesting, I simply have changed my "opnion"
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Offtopic: You could've warned us in the topic's title that there is a picture of a rat or two. Disgusting creatures >.>.

Ontopic: Can't look at the OP to answer anything... ^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Offtopic: You could've warned us in the topic's title that there is a picture of a rat or two. Disgusting creatures >.>.

Ontopic: Can't look at the OP to answer anything... ^
    I'm sorry, do you have a phobia of rats of some sort? I didn't know there's one of rats. Outside that, it isn't so disgusting...Still, I'll change it into a thumbnail so you can look at the writing, but I find many rats rather cute... well except those who sit in flith and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Most rats are street garbage, other rats are lab experiments, few rats are pets. Considering we mostly consider them bags of meat, I consider this one rat.

This isn't the first time a two-headed creature has been seen...
    I got a white rat for pet.