Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I can run dungeons infinitely on WoW aswell. What is your point?
    Its not endgame in WoW. So the comparison doesnt hold. Infact the whole comparison in this thread barely holds because both games are very different.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Chill, no need to get riled up about it. Besides, this is a PvE endgame comparison, so arenas, rateds and bgs dont factor into it.
    I'm not riled up, just stating the exact same thing I've said since I first heard about GW2: Don't overhype (bad for any videogame) and don't pit this as the next "WoW killer", that crap never works.

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-08 at 03:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Its not endgame in WoW. So the comparison doesnt hold.
    Actually, if in one you consider dungeoneering for cosmetic gear to be endgame then any PvE activity in WoW can also be considered endgame. Anything from classic raids to modern day dungeons may hold gear you just want for transmogging, hence the guy is kinda right.


  3. #23
    Brewmaster Agile Emily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I'm not riled up, just stating the exact same thing I've said since I first heard about GW2: Don't overhype (bad for any videogame) and don't pit this as the next "WoW killer", that crap never works.[COLOR="red"]
    We admittedly seem to have weaned people off of calling GW2 a "wow-killer". The last time I saw that phrase was when the blog came out about the GW2 lead designer (or whoever) saying he wanted to beat all other games, then we had to explain the difference to a bunch of newbies between "wow-beater" and "wow-killer"

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I fail to see how you wish to defend GW2 by willingly lying/misleading people, it just looks bad.

    WoW has 1~3 raids per tier with THREE difficulties (LFR, normal, heroic).

    And since when is raiding the only endgame there is? Plus you include GW2's dungeons and completely ignore WoW's heroic dungeons and the upcoming challenge modes and scenarios. What about battlegrounds? RATED battlegrounds? Arenas?

    When will people realize GW2 isn't aiming for the same kind of content that WoW has? Why the hell do people keep trying to attach GW2 to WoW while simultaneously arguing "it's so different". Want it to be different? Stop with these nonsensical comparisons, you're just polarizing people that would probably be willing to try both games out into "loyalty" to one or the other (much like the CoD:MW3 vs BF3 crowd).

    Aren't you tired of WoW clones? Then don't try to force GW2 to be one.

    EDIT: "This isn't a GW2 vs WoW thread. Here, let me spend the entire post comparing both."
    Ever consider that I stopped playing WoW before LFR was implemented and that most raids usally were only 1- 2 raids within the same tier.

    Burning Crusade

    2 Karazhan - Grulls

    2 TK - SSC

    2 BT - Hyjal

    1 Sunwell

    WotLK

    2 Naxx - sanctom (if I remeber correctly)

    1 Ulduar

    1 ICC

    So on and so forth the only raid tier that had 3 raids within the same item level was Cataclysm [four winds / blackwing / twilight]

    I stopped playing WoW during the first tier of cataclysm. So NO IM NOT A LIER Im just going off some outdated but fairly accurate information.

    But ill be happy to update my OP. which still even after i update holds firm.

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer jvbastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanders
    Posts
    3,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am curious what Anet will do to support the game post launch. What sort of features, services and added content can we expect and how often.
    I assume they'll follow the GW1 model, so fairly few content updates inbetween expansions, but those expansions were fairly fast (factions was released a year after launch, and nightfall followed 6 months later) and they had truckloads of content, wow expansions don't even compare.

    What they basically did is launch the entire game on release, instead of only the levelling+first tier like wow does.

    OT: Remember that every dungeon in the game will stay viable forever, even if the level cap raises. So does every zone.
    This means gw2 will have a huge amount of viable content at max level after a while, whereas most MMO's only have a few dungeons/raids.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    4,941
    Yeah, the OP was not biased at all.

    I do not see this thread going well.

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-08 at 02:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Its not endgame in WoW. So the comparison doesnt hold. Infact the whole comparison in this thread barely holds because both games are very different.
    A huge chunk of max level players in WoW use the LFD and LFR tools, so your argument makes no sense to begin with.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I'm not riled up, just stating the exact same thing I've said since I first heard about GW2: Don't overhype (bad for any videogame) and don't pit this as the next "WoW killer", that crap never works.

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-08 at 03:01 PM ----------



    Actually, if in one you consider dungeoneering for cosmetic gear to be endgame then any PvE activity in WoW can also be considered endgame. Anything from classic raids to modern day dungeons may hold gear you just want for transmogging, hence the guy is kinda right.
    You can only run transmorges once a week though. thats my point no raid lock outs.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    You make some valid points, but the style of argument you use just makes it seem like you're trying to "big up" GW2 at the expense of a few things that WoW does poorly.
    Have to agree with this, it looks more like propaganda/hype than a way to prompt constructive discussion. The comparison isn't made very well, I was hoping you'd focus on the whole downleveling thing entirely to show that GW2's "endgame" really opens up a hell of a lot of content to make it comparable to "current content." But really when it comes down to it, every new game's content will pale in comparison to WoW, which is just not possible to match due to the game being around for 8 years.

  9. #29
    HOLY everyone really didnt pay attention to my post at all THIS IS NOT ABOUT WHAT ENDGAME IS BETTER. Its about the amount of endgame you can play.

    NO RAID LOCK OUTS MEANS MORE PLAYTIME = LOTS OF ENDGAME CONTENT IN GUILDWARS 2

    get your heads off this WoW vs GW2 none sence or what qualifies as endgame its simple numbers regardless if WoW has 1 -2 -3 or 10 raids to do a week you can still only do them once per week.

    In guildwars 2 in can do any of the 8 dungeons they offer as many times as I wish so 1-2-3-10-25 or 100 times if i have no life no job and dont sleep.

    endgame isnt as much about what your doing aslong as your doing something. and in WoW PvE or Most other MMOs the cool stuff to do is limited because of lockouts where as in Guildwars 2 all the cool stuff is always available.....

    DO WE UNDERSTAND THE TOPIC NOW PEOPLE..................

  10. #30
    You have all forgot that BIG/HUGE events happen in GW2 ( you need to take down a dragon boss for example. ) that, at least, there needs to be 25 ppl ( you fight him in an open world/territory ) and he spawns randomly with a change in the zone that alarms ppl that there will be a big fight soon.

    Events scale as more ppl are there, so by the time there are 50 ppl there, the boss ( in this example it's a dragon ) has more abilities, more health, more dmg and more/more valuable LOOT.

    In beta I saw about 80 ppl fighting off adds/mobs and killing the dragon as he swooped and harassed the shore-line. It's very fun, believe me.

    TL;DR - GW2 Events are like WoW Raids but with much more ppl on a big scale ( past 30th lvl in GW2 you can find events with more than 50 ppl ) and you ALWAYS have a option what will you do and how to help kill the boss. Watch couple of vids on youtube, it's quite nice scenery.

  11. #31
    Meh, the way I see it, is I can't limit myself to just one game. The games I play are the games I enjoy, so I'll play both GW2 and WoW. There will be a bunch of other single player games in there as well.

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    4,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    HOLY everyone really didnt pay attention to my post at all THIS IS NOT ABOUT WHAT ENDGAME IS BETTER. Its about the amount of endgame you can play.

    NO RAID LOCK OUTS MEANS MORE PLAYTIME = LOTS OF ENDGAME CONTENT IN GUILDWARS 2

    get your heads off this WoW vs GW2 none sence or what qualifies as endgame its simple numbers regardless if WoW has 1 -2 -3 or 10 raids to do a week you can still only do them once per week.

    In guildwars 2 in can do any of the 8 dungeons they offer as many times as I wish so 1-2-3-10-25 or 100 times if i have no life no job and dont sleep.

    endgame isnt as much about what your doing aslong as your doing something. and in WoW the cool stuff to do is limited because of lockouts where as in Guildwars 2 all the cool stuff is always available.....

    DO WE UNDERSTAND THE TOPIC NOW PEOPLE..................
    Your argument still does not make much sense. WoW also has pretty much the same amount of end game Dungeons released in their expansions and that does not count in Raids or the LFR and LFD tools (none of them being restricted). Not to mention that I do not see any points brought up about stuff you can do outside of those features in either game, so the comparison falls flat regardless of which game has more end game content or not.

  13. #33
    MODERATORS PLEASE LOCK THIS TOPIC

    the people in this thread dont seem to uderstand this is about raid lockouts and endgame bosses. I cant handle reading people twist my post into something its not.

    I can do the cool epic fun bosses anytime i wish in Guildwars 2. In WoW or other MMO's with Lockouts I can only do that boss once ONCE!!!!!!! per week.

    how hard is for people to understand that concept.

    theres dailies and heroic dungeons blah blah blah. does anyone really think dailies or heroic dungeons compare to the fun of doing 10/25 man raids really. I dont remeber anyone ever EVER saying recruiting for our guild doing dailies / heroic dungeons. All i ever saw was guilds recruiting for raids or PvP.

    man I cant believe this its so frustrating.

    pretty soon im gonna have people saying fishing is endgame and so is crafting, walking in a straight line at lvl 85 thats endgame too because its at max level oh and dont forget about doing those last few quests you didnt complete when you hit lvl 85 you can always go back and do those, there cooking and farming mobs for a chance to get a mini pet WEEEEEEEEEE ITS ALL FUN ITS ALL ENDGAME WEEEEEEEEEEEE

    seriously SERIOUSLY were talking about endgame meaningful endgame bosses raids you know what nevermind.

    just close the damn thread!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Hellspawnxxx; 2012-06-08 at 02:38 PM.

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    3,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    We admittedly seem to have weaned people off of calling GW2 a "wow-killer". The last time I saw that phrase was when the blog came out about the GW2 lead designer (or whoever) saying he wanted to beat all other games, then we had to explain the difference to a bunch of newbies between "wow-beater" and "wow-killer"
    He wants GW2 to be the best game out there, and hes the big dog. Of course they would say that! They are the guys who made that game for over half a decade, don't be so surprised.

    And yes, I can sorta understand where Grimord is coming from. He is pissed that the thread maker made comparisons between WoW's endgame content and GW2's proclaimed endgame content, when in reality GW2 developers want their endgame to be at level 1. Not to mention the thread maker had made mistakes on what wow's endgame content is.

    When I saw Crendor's and Jessecox's video of their gw2 playthrough, it angered me greatly that they kept comparing how questing was done, how wvw was done, and so forth. It was very obvious that they never did any research on the game, and thus not like it as much as they could have.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

    Currently playing WoW: BigFattMario TallKidLuigi PeachIsCute

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    HOLY everyone really didnt pay attention to my post at all THIS IS NOT ABOUT WHAT ENDGAME IS BETTER. Its about the amount of endgame you can play.

    NO RAID LOCK OUTS MEANS MORE PLAYTIME = LOTS OF ENDGAME CONTENT IN GUILDWARS 2

    get your heads off this WoW vs GW2 none sence or what qualifies as endgame its simple numbers regardless if WoW has 1 -2 -3 or 10 raids to do a week you can still only do them once per week.

    In guildwars 2 in can do any of the 8 dungeons they offer as many times as I wish so 1-2-3-10-25 or 100 times if i have no life no job and dont sleep.

    endgame isnt as much about what your doing aslong as your doing something. and in WoW PvE or Most other MMOs the cool stuff to do is limited because of lockouts where as in Guildwars 2 all the cool stuff is always available.....

    DO WE UNDERSTAND THE TOPIC NOW PEOPLE..................
    If you're seriously wondering why people are saying what they're saying, you really need to reread your OP dude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    the people in this thread dont seem to uderstand this is about raid lockouts and endgame bosses. I cant handle reading people twist my post into something its not.
    No one is twisting your post, your OP was based upon (not just based upon, pretty much comprised of only) a flawed comparison, and quite frankly this thread has been amazingly civil. I'm assuming english isn't your first language, but if you wanted to have a discussion on GW2 content - first off, I wouldn't even make the WoW comparison except in passing. Second, like I said in my previous post, you should have focused on how scaling opens up a lot more content than your standard MMO model (see that, nonspecific "standard MMO model," won't make people rage as much). And if you're set on comparing some aspect of the game to WoW you need to give credit where it's due.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-06-08 at 02:45 PM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    MODERATORS PLEASE LOCK THIS TOPIC

    the people in this thread dont seem to uderstand this is about raid lockouts and endgame bosses. I cant handle reading people twist my post into something its not.

    I can do the cool epic fun bosses anytime i wish in Guildwars 2. In WoW or other MMO's with Lockouts I can only do that boss once ONCE!!!!!!! per week.

    how hard is for people to understand that concept.

    theres dailies and heroic dungeons blah blah blah. does anyone really think dailies or heroic dungeons compare to the fun of doing 10/25 man raids really. I dont remeber anyone ever EVER saying recruiting for our guild doing dailies / heroic dungeons. All i ever saw was guilds recruiting for raids or PvP.

    man I cant believe this its so frustrating.

    just close the damn thread!!!!!!!!!!
    The problem is *with this site at lease* anytime someone compare's WOW to anything the fanboys come out and defend it to death even if it isn't ment to be compared in a bad way.
    the other problem is people eather read the title or the first line in your post and go......OOO YOU BASH WOW YOU DIE...its stupid and pointless i do see your points but you forgot to add the DE's in guild wars 2 and personally i can't wait to play those.

    edit: major point he was trying to make is the lockouts aka *only loot once or do it once unless you do random dungeon* if you do LFR your locked out by boss kills and can only loot once a week same with raids. in heroic dungeons your are locked unless you do random dungeons. in guild wars 2 you are not locked out in anyway and the thing guild wars 2 has over wow is the fact that end game starts at level 1 not level 60-70-80-85-90-ect....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-06-08 at 02:41 PM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    If you're seriously wondering why people are saying what they're saying, you really need to reread your OP dude.
    Hmm lets me see I compared how many raid and how many times you can do them. hmmmmm seems like I understand very well maybe you should re read...

    you place a quote of soemthing i said in my post that had anything to do with anything other then raids / raid lockouts and that gw2 allows you to play as muchas you want and ill delete my account off here.
    Last edited by Hellspawnxxx; 2012-06-08 at 02:44 PM.

  18. #38
    I honestly don't think the OP thought about what they were going to type before they posted it. just a shambles of a comparison. I would point out the details but meh, it been said already.

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    4,941
    Hellspawnxxx, you are acting ridiculous. You really are not making yourself any favours by making statements like that.

    You made the argument about the Guild Wars 2 Dungeons not having any restrictions and compared it only to Normal/Heroic Mode Raids and said that there were not a lot of end game content because of that. That still is a flawed argument, since there are plenty of factors to take in from both WoW and GW 2 to make the comparison work, and you have not presented the argument to make it a fair comparison to either game.

    Also, just because people disagree with you does not mean that people are twisting your own words. You simply have not been doing a good job at presenting your argument well enough. That is your own fault, not ours.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-06-08 at 02:45 PM.

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    3,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Hmm lets me see I compared how many raid and how many times you can do them. hmmmmm seems like I understand very well maybe you should re read...
    Of course. You are comparing wow's proclaimed endgame dungeon endgame vs. gw2's proclaimed dungeon endgame. But gw2's endgame is so very different, as is wow's endgame as a whole.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

    Currently playing WoW: BigFattMario TallKidLuigi PeachIsCute

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •