Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for a good free to play mmorpg

I made a topic like this awhile back for my old computer and since i got my new one and i can run whatever i want. i have wanted to play a mmorpg but i do not want p2p since there is so many that is f2p.
    dose anyone know of any good mmorpgs that have good raid content and is as user friendly as some mainstream mmorpgs on skills leveling ect..... i though of returning to EQ but its been so long since i been on it i would have to start over cause i can't remember it all lol.

also a dungeon finder would be nice.

Edit: Things im looking for in a f2p mmorpg *i hope i can find*
    -A fantasy style mmorpg like WOW/EQ with no sub cost
    -Dungeon finder
    -smooth talent/leveling system
    -Decent size pop*dosen't have to be in the millions but not near dead*

Edit2: i though about checking out Aion but each time i get near that 15gig download i change my mind don't know why lol.
    Edit3: i heard lineage II is a decent game but heard leveling in it can be a major pain and class setup is 2. i could be wrong tho.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-06-08 at 02:16 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Global agenda isnt too bad. its scifi though

Quote Originally Posted by naimc View Post
    Global agenda isnt too bad. its scifi though
    never heard of it mite see if there is any youtube videos of it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    never heard of it mite see if there is any youtube videos of it.
    It's not bad at all. I suggest giving it a try.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you mean Free To Play, if you either refer to no cost at all or no subscription. With that said, I have no idea. Tibia maybe? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It's not bad at all. I suggest giving it a try.
    cool cool was looking more for a fantasy style mmorpg *i should have added that to my post*.

---------- Post added 2012-06-08 at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Depends on what you mean Free To Play, if you either refer to no cost at all or no subscription. With that said, I have no idea. Tibia maybe? ;D
    no sub cost

If you dont care about graphics. But you are all about mechanics, complexity and depth.

Anarchy Online. It is a VERY OLD MMO. Its first 200 () levels are free to play. The learning curve is pretty steep. But once you got into it, it is very addictive. Altought in the f2p version you wont have access to about half the game content. Alien raids (Aliens raid you and your guild city) that you can trigger, boarding raids, event based dungeon quests, 2 additional talent trees, huge amount of weapons and quests, personal and faction based research where you convert XP into from leveling into skill and ability researches, but still you will have acces to dynamicly generated personal solo or team missions (dungeons), a mind fuck deep skill and craft system, countless quests, planetary control pvp, level 20-60, 90-110 and 160 to 190 group/raid (depending on your level) raids, and then level 200 faction based world raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    If you dont care about graphics. But you are all about mechanics, complexity and depth.

Anarchy Online. It is a VERY OLD MMO. Its first 200 () levels are free to play. The learning curve is pretty steep. But once you got into it, it is very addictive. Altought in the f2p version you wont have access to about half the game content. Alien raids (Aliens raid you and your guild city) that you can trigger, boarding raids, event based dungeon quests, 2 additional talent trees, huge amount of weapons and quests, personal and faction based research where you convert XP into from leveling into skill and ability researches, but still you will have acces to dynamicly generated personal solo or team missions (dungeons), a mind fuck deep skill and craft system, countless quests, planetary control pvp, level 20-60, 90-110 and 160 to 190 group/raid (depending on your level) raids, and then level 200 faction based world raids.
    i did check that out a few years back it wasn't my thing at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord of the Rings Online
    or
    DC Universe Online

Both those are decent options. I personally liked DC Universe more, and I was a little surprised I did considering I don't really like comics or "modern" game settings. The combat is more action oriented, which is also refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pleasantly surprised with all the changes done with Star Trek: Online. As much as it got a lot of flak for the problems when it first came out and its somewhat repetitive Away Team missions I found the ship battles to be incredibly fun. Some of the User Created Foundry Missions are a blast and even run on par with the Developer's Missions.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Lord of the Rings Online
    or
    DC Universe Online

Both those are decent options. I personally liked DC Universe more, and I was a little surprised I did considering I don't really like comics or "modern" game settings. The combat is more action oriented, which is also refreshing.
    i have gone back to DCU *use to p2p it* it just felt like the pc verson is a little dead on the dungeon Q times even for daily dungeons i do mess with it a bit.
    i have been wanting to try LOTRO again just havnt got around to it yet.
    also to add i did hear LOTRO has a dungeon finder is this true????

Allods Online

No dungeon finder but the game itself is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Allods Online

No dungeon finder but the game itself is fun
    i played allods back when it was new*maybe even beta* and my problem with it was its stat sheet and how even on lowbie quests you had to use groups even got a quest where it took me like 3 days and a raid to finish. having to join a raid to get higher drop chance on quest items i though was stupid. but thats me

Deleted
    Try Eden Eternal

Most of the superhero games out there are Free to Play now, from City of Heroes, Champions Online and DCUO.

I don't know if FFXI is still subscription based.

Is D&D online free? Guild wars was free. Frankly there are lots of free to play games, but just how free is another deal all togeather. Champions is free but if you want access to all travel powers/costumes then you pay.

I hear Aion is ok, I know a few of my friends are trying it out.

Also League of legends has a pretty huge following, I know it's not what you described but you might like it.

Personally I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2, it's buy-to-play and after playing beta I really like it. However many WoW players either love it or hate because they do things quite differently and it doesn't appeal to some folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    i played allods back when it was new*maybe even beta* and my problem with it was its stat sheet and how even on lowbie quests you had to use groups even got a quest where it took me like 3 days and a raid to finish. having to join a raid to get higher drop chance on quest items i though was stupid. but thats me
    If you haven't touched it since beta you should definitely give it another go. They're up to 3.0 or 3.1 now and have made a lot of changes. My favorite new feature is you can right click a quest and tell it to autopilot you to it if you're needing to step away or alt-tab for a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    I hear Aion is ok, I know a few of my friends are trying it out.

Also League of legends has a pretty huge following, I know it's not what you described but you might like it.

Personally I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2, it's buy-to-play and after playing beta I really like it. However many WoW players either love it or hate because they do things quite differently and it doesn't appeal to some folk.
    ya i can't wait for guild wars 2 i use to play guild wars 1 but it got to the point that all i had left to do was title hunt or pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Lord of the Rings Online
    or
    DC Universe Online

I started DCUO last Saturday and had enough fun to try a Legendary subscription for a month. My main complaint thus far is the music is too repetitive. I rolled on the USPVP server and I get ganked all the time as a villain. If that doesn't say a healthy server population I don't know what does.

Last night I bought the Steam starter pack of LOTRO and downloaded the free version last night. The download was so big, I haven't had time to setup an account yet.

My strategy has been to buy the $15 membership for only a month, unsub the recurring payment, and spend the bonus 500 currency points was awarded for subbing at the store so that I have the middle tier membership after my subscription runs out.

For DCUO and LOTRO I do believe you get the middle tier of membership (out of three) just for spending $5 (500 points) at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    If you haven't touched it since beta you should definitely give it another go. They're up to 3.0 or 3.1 now and have made a lot of changes. My favorite new feature is you can right click a quest and tell it to autopilot you to it if you're needing to step away or alt-tab for a few seconds.
    well i don't know if it was beta or not i know it was like 3-4 years ago it was on patch like 1.1 or something i just remember it being really new.