Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

3x Realm First lvl 90

Me and two of my friends are planning on joinning together in my house for the Realm First lvl 90 for our classes (Druid, Priest and Warrior).
    I got a few questions for you guys:
    1-* Is it better to do the first two/one(state it if you think so) levels through dungeons? (coz of the crowd)
    1.1- IF yes, after that shall we split and quest solo or in party? (as we are 3)
    1.2- IF yes, how many runs would it take for each lvl? does anyone know? and how much time?
    1.3- Do we have to mount up and run to the dungeons or can we just queue?

2- Is it better to lvl 85-90 doing quests? Solo or in Party? (as we are 3)

* if option 1 is the best, we will be getting two more playing JUST for the dungeon part.

We all have BETA and will start playing this week as well as planning how we will do it.
    Last edited by mmoc315d56a69f; 2012-06-08 at 03:19 PM.

Well, these are just assumptions, but I think it'd be best to run each dungeon once to do any quests in there, then do normal questing only outside of those, and I'd think group up together as some quests you can do something once and everyone gets credit, and even for quests where you each need to do it, stuff will die faster due to the various buffs.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    What i plan to do is 85-87 dungeons, then questing fully 87-90 because of the XP i've seen u can get on Beta (it is only beta so im not if it will stay the same or not) but it really didnt take long for me on beta to get to 90. I think some of the quests are alot easier if you are in agroup too, because of spawn rates on certain mobs, but its up to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think joining with 2 others would be a bad idea if you are not planning on only doing dungeon runs.

Even if it is only a few, the collect X many of Y quests would be a major bottle neck for you. Lets say one of you has really good luck and finds all of your Y's in ~5mins but the other two of you have a hard time and it takes you ~10mins for them to complete the quest. You are now 5 minutes behind where you could have been questing alone. Lets say there is 40 quests like this(probably low balling here), If each of those quest takes 5 minutes longer with a group you are now 3 hours and 20 minutes behind where you would be solo grinding.

You may make up that time when you split up and and do the kill 20 of a specific Mob at the same time though.

If you are really going to try and push this, you are gonna have to run some tests and figure out how much time/xp you lose/gain as a group

Question: Blizzard is planning on adjusting the XP you gain from quests to slow down the leveling? I heard that leveling speed was increased in Beta so that you could test out more content faster. If this is so, anyone making a "questing path" better take this into account.

Deleted
    Also take in consideration you won't have the "rested" bonus from the Beta. So instead of mobs giving 20k xp per kill it's 10k (max ofc).
    Personally: do All the dungeons once for the quests and some upgrades on loot; then move onto lvl 86-87 zones.
    XP needed (currently) for the first 2 levels = 10 mil, 12mil. +- ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only advice if you want to go questing would be: check on the beta for each zone level requirements to start the quests. Once you've reached a level cap, move on to the next zone without finishing the one you are in. Always. It will get you out of the masses even if you don't manage to get ahead at launch.

Being ahead is crucial in server first race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking about going Realm First Priest but on my own on a very low populated server but I'm not really sure whats the best way either ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    I'm thinking about going Realm First Priest but on my own on a very low populated server but I'm not really sure whats the best way either ;(
    Go Shadow, queue as DPS for each dungeon as they become available. Dungeons now have all/most their quests handed by questgivers just inside the instance, making for very easy experience. But be sure to do each dungeon just once, to complete the quests. While in the queue: quest as quickly as you possibly can.

They're planning on dungeon difficulty levels similar to Wrath, so you don't have to worry about wiping too often. If you're good at DPSing, dungeons will go very quickly.

Deleted
    I think if you are planning to do dungeons, try to get full five from players you know that are good players. Players starting with their completely new classes doing 1/3 of potential dps will be burden in LFD.

Also I think many people had 25 quests ready to be turned in at start of Cata so they got start burst, you could try same.

I believe XP gain is balanced around normal LFD of strangers doing equal xp with questing, so premade LFD with good dps and constant chainpulling=win, I think.

Deleted
    will we have to walk to the dungeon the first time? or we an just use the finder to queue right away?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcee View Post
    will we have to walk to the dungeon the first time? or we an just use the finder to queue right away?
    Ilvl requirement my friend!

10+ Year Old Account
    do each dungeon once for the quests and (maybe) some loot to set you up a little better than the rest, then farm quests like a maniac.

just my guess though

---------- Post added 2012-06-08 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by arcee View Post
    get 2 other pople to help you and queue for a random first, then the other specificly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Go Shadow, queue as DPS for each dungeon as they become available. Dungeons now have all/most their quests handed by questgivers just inside the instance, making for very easy experience. But be sure to do each dungeon just once, to complete the quests. While in the queue: quest as quickly as you possibly can.

They're planning on dungeon difficulty levels similar to Wrath, so you don't have to worry about wiping too often. If you're good at DPSing, dungeons will go very quickly.
    Well I'm almost full BiS geared and I know how to play my class now at least I'm not sure how to play in MoP tho^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fumi24 View Post
    Ilvl requirement my friend!
    and what's the ilvl requirement for the first two dungeons?

Dungeoning has the potential to be a time sink if your other group members don't understand mechanics, are undergeared, or just really bad. Unless your warrior friend is tanking, and one of you are healing, then you're at the mercy of pugs.

Questing has the potential to be a time sink on Collect X of Y quests, especially in Jade Forest, where you will be trying to work past the competition of the whole server to get into VotFW ASAP. But this is countered by your ability to blaze through Kill X of Y quests.

It depends on your server pop and the willingness of your friends to trust the roulette wheel that is LFD.

Deleted
    About this ilvl thing, what requirements did 1st cata dungeons have? Also what ilvl reqs do MoP starter dungeons have at beta?

I could imaginate that at least if you are decked to this patch gear aka around 378, you are capable of doing them right at start.

Quote Originally Posted by Manarak View Post
    What i plan to do is 85-87 dungeons
    There is no insane amount of trash, nor a uber-mob that kills all trash for you (yet still gave xp if you tagged the trash) like what was in BRD.

Dungeons, if at all, will only be worth it if for the quests once, but i doubt even that will be of any worth. A dungeon takes ~15 minutes, jade temple has 2 quests worth of 290k. Normal Quests outside usually come in sets of 2-4, each giving 100k xp, one set takes ~5 min (even in the full beta realms)...

Dungeons aren't worth it. The only thing that made BRD worth it was the high trash mob count combined with abusing the mob to kill the trash for you.

IF anyone seems to find out something concrete for this please let me know... what about 1-90 panda??

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    Well I'm almost full BiS geared and I know how to play my class now at least I'm not sure how to play in MoP tho^^
    You'll do more than fine if you know how to play your class now.

The problem when depending on 3 PuG DPS is that you might have to deal with "Ret" Paladins with a mix of agility, tanking and healing gear, Rogues that don't use poisons, decently geared Arcane mages that somehow can't put out decent DPS on a standstill fight, actual Huntards, etc, etc. It's the sole reason I only queue as DPS and just do something else while in the queue, in most cases I'll end up doing 45% of damage done (overall, generally 50%+ on bosses).

If you've got a tank, healer and a DPS that all know what they're doing, you'll breeze through dungeons very quickly.

Good luck guys it gonna be hard!!