Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    This is a good post, really provides insight on his opinion of why it's bad. Also keep in mind 2010 was like 600 million years ago. The game is aged AS FUCK.

Okay now that we got the retardation out of the way. Yes, I think it's worth it. The campaign obviously isn't the main purpose of SC2. The multiplayer is. I love SC2 - it's an RTS game that makes you think on multiplayer. You're usually always thinking, and it can be challenging depending what bracket you're in. If you are the type of person that just wants to faceroll through a multiplayer game then this isn't for you. Prepare to to think, and have the ability to learn.

Even if you don't like it I know friends who play SC2 just for the custom games. Hell, sometimes I only play the custom games. Most custom games have a fast queue, and there is hundreds of amazing games on there.
    Now that the foam stopped dripping from your mouth I can tell you that games of that age cost around 10-20 €. So yes, 40 $ is way overprice.

Deleted
    Hardly a "sale" when everyone else has been selling the product for that price for ages heh.

Deleted
    By far the most competitive game on the planet. Though you can prolly get it for under 40€ from ordinary stores.

Deleted
    The Campaign is ok but not really worth the money.

The mutliplayer is quite hardcore and if you want to get into it you have to be prepared to work really hard to even get yourself out of Bronze, very steep learning curve.

The new expansion looks awesome though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG_3R9BoVvg&feature=plcp
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=343474

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought SC2 when it came out, since I was a huge fan of SC and SC BW, was a bit disappointed by campaign, then played some ranked matches, but I got bored, since I suck. Haven't touched it since then, I and was pretty mad that i wasted money, but last month and a half, I've had a blast with custom made maps, tower defense and mini games all in all are great!
    Mindless...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    Custom Games makes Blizzard's RTS games stand out above the rest, hands down, no questions asked.

The actual game play created by Blizzard and their campaign? You debate that with yourselves, I'll stick to my countless hours of custom games.
    Which is kind of sad, as Blizzard is cashing in on people's creativity.

Totally worth it, great game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    They're asking your opinion. They're trying to see what people say about it and if they should buy it. I think it's a good way to judge to see what people say.
    Yeah I get that. But still: just because someone likes it, doesn't mean I will too. Other peoples opinions are really not worth much, when you can't judge what kind of person they are. Someone who's not into playing RTS games could come along and say this game is shit, when his opinion really doesn't matter.
    This game is very successful, and, as is with all games, there are people who like it and people who don't. There's really nothing better than to try out the FREE starter edition. That will give someone the best answer to the question if the game is good. Opinions are subjective. People have talked me out of playing good games by telling me they're shit, and when I tried them out I found out I don't share their opinion.

Look at Diablo 3. Someone can hate it or love it. What does the opinion of other players bring?

Deleted
    even if you do not like the Campaign the sheer amount of custome map, co op maps, tower defence map, and generic multiplayer experience. it makes worth it. If you're into modding you also get one of the most powerful editors that currently exists for games.

lots will say worth it or not but really think.
    do you like RTS games
    do you got the spare 40$ and if so can you think of anything eles u rather spend it on.
    if you count it as 1$ a hr for fun will you get 40hrs worth.
    do you know anyone eles who can play it with you.
    Also have you ever played the first Sc and its xpac bloodwar.
    then decide if its worth it to get it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    lots will say worth it or not but really think.
    do you like RTS games
    do you got the spare 40$ and if so can you think of anything eles u rather spend it on.
    if you count it as 1$ a hr for fun will you get 40hrs worth.
    do you know anyone eles who can play it with you.
    Also have you ever played the first Sc and its xpac bloodwar.
    then decide if its worth it to get it.
    this is a very sensible advice ^

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Which is kind of sad, as Blizzard is cashing in on people's creativity.
    Supporting the modding community has always been something that developers 'utilized' to extend a game's life cycle
    half life was a big one too.

You know what modding does? You only see it as a way for blizz to 'cash in' on other people's creativity.
    I see it as a 'budding developer' to use the handy tools that are available to get started on what they want to do, which is develop games.
    Nowadays there are game engines that are available for developers to use, but that was not always the case. A LOT of people started with the map editors (sc/wc3 and such) and half life mods. I'd say without modding, the game development community would not have been as large as it is now.
    so support modding community!

Anyways, On Topic, I'd say its worth the 60$ that I initially paid, but if you can find it at a cheaper price, then why not go with it?
    EDIT: Also ^ very good questions to ask yourself.

Deleted
    also Bethesda has done this with basically every game it released

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    also Bethesda has done this with basically every game it released
    cant believe i forgot about bethesda :O

10+ Year Old Account
    The campaign is quite well-done, and does serve quite well as an introduction to multiplayer/laddering (at least for Terran :P). Even if you decide not too ladder to much, there are hundreds of fun custom games to choose from, and it looks like it will be even easier to find ones you like once Heart of the Swarm comes out. I've seen survival games, a game that reminded me of Footman Frenzy from WC3, MOBA games, HuskyStarcraft made a couple of videos which showed a mod of the original Diablo, as well as a Bomberman mod (not sure if those two are in Wings of Liberty though, I think they were on the beta version of a new feature Blizzard are going to introduce). Basically, even if you end up getting bored of normal games, there are so many diverse mods to choose from!
    Last edited by Bizkitz; 2012-06-09 at 01:08 PM.
    Varian: Look, I didn't touch your gunship, okay!
    Garrosh: I witnessed, with my eyes, your TESTICLES on my gunship!
    -Argent_Captain

Well having 4 acounts of wich 1 is a CE I would say it's worth it especially for the hours of play time I have with it(pro surpasses my wow play time next year)

But then again I always enjoyed RTS's
    Now there are alot of ways to get to know more about this game. For example this weekend there is MLG wich is a tournament with profesional starcraft 2 players battling it out on http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/live. Another good way is watching day9 on day9.tv .
    Although this basicly focuses on the main aspect of starcraft 2 wich is the 1v1 on ladder but then again getting started with laddering and seeing urselve improving over time if u actually want to invest time and research in it can be pretty satisfying(see it like sports although starcraft 2 is called an e-sport for a reason )

The other aspects of starcraft 2 wich are customs and singleplayer.
    Singleplayer is basicly the campaign and skirmishes vs the pc. This can be alot of fun and even more if u like hunting achievements.
    Custom games are a good reason to buy starcraft also with the amount of different kinds of costums there are. There are games that basicly don't differ from the games u see wenn laddering upto RPG's and Dota like stuff.

So ye I would say it's def worth what u get back for it in possible play time.
    So yeah look into it on the sites I linked and try the trail 1st where u can meet 1 of the 3 races.
    Based on that make ur decision if u want to invest ur 40 bucks.

campaign and custom games is worth the price, if you aren't into rts rated play.

I know StarCraft II is a great game to some, but the fact that it hasn't dropped in price at all since it came out?
    Only reason why I'm not picking it up.

$40 is considered a sale after 2 years, meanwhile every single other game drops in price within a year, to make sure they get as many sales as possible.

I know I'll probably get some heat for saying that though. I haven't bought SC2 myself, but had it dropped a bit more in price I'd totally pick it up, as I'm in no way interested in the multiplayer.

That said, I have friends who've spent hundreds of hours in this game. If you like RTS games, then you definitely won't go wrong with a Blizzard RTS. We all know this.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!