Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't see them making cata raid mounts a 1% drop. No one bothers to organize a raid to do ulduar/icc for those mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cortelas View Post
    I don't see them making cata raid mounts a 1% drop. No one bothers to organize a raid to do ulduar/icc for those mounts.
    Yes, they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You think people will actually switch to yorsahj's purple ooze when it's not dropped down right in front of you :<? people still have issues with LK's valkyrs, and those usually pop up right in front of you rather than in the other end of the room.
    And ice would still kill off a significant amount of people due to the slowing debuff (either A: Have people get rooted and die, or B: have people dispell it, slow the entire group and possibly die - no way you'll get people to run into the bubble with it. Or you could go for outhealing the 15% dmg, but as it'll scale with HP and healing is supposed to become "harder" than it is in DS, then who knows if that'll be viable).
    Have you done heroic Hagara? Even now, a lot of guilds just have ranged stack in the middle with the healers while melee run... With greater hp and DPS, you could have melee stack in the middle too, and 2-3 ranged could easily deal with the pillars very quickly... I'm doubting healing will become harder, with how much easier they're making DPS rotations. They made healing and tanking more difficult in Cata, and it saw most of the struggling healers getting buffed, and threat removed as an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Have you done heroic Hagara? Even now, a lot of guilds just have ranged stack in the middle with the healers while melee run... With greater hp and DPS, you could have melee stack in the middle too, and 2-3 ranged could easily deal with the pillars very quickly... I'm doubting healing will become harder, with how much easier they're making DPS rotations. They made healing and tanking more difficult in Cata, and it saw most of the struggling healers getting buffed, and threat removed as an issue.
    Have you done heroic Hagara? I killed her the first week aviable, so I'd like to think I have.
    The damage in her bubble is percentage based, not a set amount (15% of your hp, to be exact). If we do indeed have our healthpools tripple in value, healing would become equally more intense, and depending on how they want the healing model to feel (eg, like T11 as they stated, where mana has to feel like it might be an issue if spamming, rather than now where we have infinite mana to keep up with the damage from the bubble), stacking everyone in there wouldn't be viable at all.
    And they can't really make DPS "rotations" (we got rid of those in WOTLK, l2 call them cycles instead please) easier than they are - they're already stupidly easy as is. I'd like to hear how they've been made much easier, though .

Deleted
    That would be a slap in face to players who worked hard who attended raids to either get dkp or roll for drakes, firehawks. But again this is blizzard entertainment inc, they always find the ways surprise scrubs by just giving away stuff for free.

Everyone uses those mounts anyways. Pick something no one uses, like blue wind rider or something.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Obviously they won't stay 100% drops in MoP. They will go the same way as Invincible and Mimiron's head. Hopefully the Pureblood will be removed from normal and only a rare drop from HC, stings already to see people "Lol I got a bird that's on fire!" from normal mode.

Buy the mount if you have the chance. ICC has been "faceroll" for 2 years now, yet you don't see all that many groups farm and obtain Invincible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Just keep in mind... When MoP goes live, people wont hit up Dragon Soul anymore... And when you do start getting retro raids going a year from now, all the kids who never did Heroic DS.. will wipe wipe wipe on DS.
    Not really.

Take a look at ICC- 10 out of the 13 bosses are simple facerolls on heroic mode. Only 3 are difficult, and LK can be cheesed with enough range dps (Get him to skip phase 2 altogether almost)

Heroic DS, there is really only 2 fights that one will have to work on- Spine and Warmaster. Warmaster because, if he blows, the group is gone. Spine because of rolling.

Everyone else? MoP gear will lead to easy runs (Will probably be able to cleave with Morchok, ignore adds in Zon, burn Yor without worrying about slimes, hit the ice wall repeatedly on hags, and take the hour of twilight without CDs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Everyone uses those mounts anyways. Pick something no one uses, like blue wind rider or something.
    Not on my server Alliance side ;d. And it's not about how many uses them, it's about how good they look and I'd be dead before calling the blue wind rider a better looking mount than the Pureblood fire hawk or HC Madness mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Not on my server Alliance side ;d. And it's not about how many uses them, it's about how good they look and I'd be dead before calling the blue wind rider a better looking mount than the Pureblood fire hawk or HC Madness mount.
    The Firehawk is ok, but the madness one is so overused that I can't stand to see it. I guess any current mount that everyone in Org/SW sits on all day gets old to me. I always pick something different than anyone else.

And why would you need to buy it when you're in the guild anyways? Wouldn't a good guild just run you in it? Or is their time too precious?
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    my bet is Same as othe rRaid mounts 1% drop~ =[
    On the official website, Invincible is show as having around a 10% drop rate, and Mim's Head, 30-50%.

Blizz never did state what % they were nerfing to, only that it wasnt 100%

I forsee numerous Heads during MoP- get together 3 or so ppl, down Yoggy with ease. LK 25 h might be solod, who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Have you done heroic Hagara? I killed her the first week aviable, so I'd like to think I have.
    The damage in her bubble is percentage based, not a set amount (15% of your hp, to be exact). If we do indeed have our healthpools tripple in value, healing would become equally more intense, and depending on how they want the healing model to feel (eg, like T11 as they stated, where mana has to feel like it might be an issue if spamming, rather than now where we have infinite mana to keep up with the damage from the bubble), stacking everyone in there wouldn't be viable at all.
    And they can't really make DPS "rotations" (we got rid of those in WOTLK, l2 call them cycles instead please) easier than they are - they're already stupidly easy as is. I'd like to hear how they've been made much easier, though .
    I have. I'm also capable of understanding if you more than double the DPS output due to a huge stat gain, that the amount of time the healers are trying to survive is going to be negligible. I am also aware that the damage is percentage based, but unless they're scaling up the hp of the pillars, it won't matter at all.

Also, "rotation" has been the terminology used for DPS for a long time, and until another is embraced by the wider community (probably never), I'll keep using the term everyone will understand. If you'd looked at the changes they're making in MoP, you'd see they can and have made things easier. Further to that, any dreams of healing retaining any form of difficulty just won't hold in the real world. In fact, by sheer virtue of the fact they need to make dungeons and raid finder possible for pretty much anyone in a healing spec, with an ever increasing percentage of the player base having little to no real understanding or additional research of their class and spec, I'd expect MoP raid bosses to be less difficult, or with faster nerfs.

Deleted
    Should be 1% as done to all other mounts
    Before.

honestly, the mounts are so common now, you should buy it because its not even that much money anymore.

im really not sure why you'd even want to pay for the mount.. the heroic version is ugly as fuck, always drops, and if ur guild is doing runs why not just get it for free with them? its drop rate is gonna stay at 100% for a while now and proly till the end of mop too.

I'd buy it if i were you , because pressing buttons is hard for most people that arent into raiding but do want it , and since you cant take 2 HoT hits in a row ultraxion will become hard with such people.

Couldn't you just go kill it on Beta and see if it drops, then you'll have your answer.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Couldn't you just go kill it on Beta and see if it drops, then you'll have your answer.
    No because in the cata beta it was still 100% before they did the whole switch to 1% thing, You need an actual confirmation before doing anything just like woltk did.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-07-31 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    On the official website, Invincible is show as having around a 10% drop rate, and Mim's Head, 30-50%.

Blizz never did state what % they were nerfing to, only that it wasnt 100%

I forsee numerous Heads during MoP- get together 3 or so ppl, down Yoggy with ease. LK 25 h might be solod, who knows?
    You are wrong, wrong and more wrong.
    - Blizzard stated the drop rate to be like other rare mounts = 1 %
    - I farmed Mimiron's Head for 7 months. SEVEN MONTHS! without seeing a single one drop. And yes, it was on 25 man without any keepers.
    - LK 25 heroic wont be soloed in MoP. You would need almost 6 times the damage as you do now, and it doesn't look like you will get that, at least not in the first tier.