Thread: Operation: 60

Deleted

Operation: 60

Sporeggar... the lowest populated server in the EU, and possibly one of the lowest in the world.

Over the last 2 years I've seen friends move to different realms, and in the last 2 weeks, two of the top Alliance guilds on the server have moved to Defias Brotherhood, it's upsetting to see friends move away, but we try to carry on...

We..: we are Argent Conquest, currently the only 60 Guild based on Sporeggar, we're on the Alliance side, and have recently had many, about 4 - 5, members come back from inactivity.

So, on 8/6/12, several, 6, members this including myself and the guild master, had a Guild meeting on the matter of what to do with Argent Conquest, were we to move to a new realm, as we need support to raid etc. Then our guild master told us about "Project Ahn'Qiraj" were a group of 60s tried to create a large 60 guild on the server Ahn'Qiraj and invited 60s from Cross other realms to join them in a big Meeting.

We are going to copy them, but we shall do one better, we propose to turn Sporeggar into the Vanilla Realm, that every 60 is dying for. And we won't stop till we succeed, don't think, that we'll get bored and pass this off, this is real and going to happen!

Blizzard have reported that they have no plans to create a Vanilla Realm, where the top level is 60 etc.

We can't make a top level on Sporeggar, but what we can do is bring in an overpowering amount of 60s to the realm, Not just in alliance however.

If Horde is more your style, we would love you to join Sporeggar, in creating the First 60 Horde Guild on the Realm, and bring World Player vs. Player (WPVP) to Sporeggar, 60 STYLE!

The Date for the meeting to yet to be announced, but stay tuned and we will have more information.

Tell Friends about this, and look for us on Sporeggar, this is going all round the EU, and it's not just me that's Posting.

Copy and Paste this to other Forums. WE ARE MAKING A VANILLA REALM!

A DATE FOR THE MEETING ON SPOREGGAR, IS YET TO BE DECIDED, SO STAY TUNED ON FORUMS OR CONTACT US IN-GAME.

what will you do if a griefer makes an 85/90 and just smashes you every time you try to wPvP?

Deleted
    That seems like a pretty cool idea actually, what is the current Pop of Sporeggar though?

Deleted
    WE ARE MAKING A VANILLA REALM!
    No you are not. There are ENORMOUS changes that this game has gone through from patch 1.xx to patch 4.3
    If you really want a level60 vanilla realm (with vanilla rules), why don't you join a private server, dedicated to level 60? There are some very organized private servers out there, one of which I was interested in joining.

And yeah, it's FOR FREE.

Deleted
    I understand doubts people may have about this Operation, the point about Private Servers I shall ignore, and if you could do two things I would be very great-ful:
    1. Share this, you can have all the doubts you want, but if this can get around then it might well happen!
    2. Come to the meeting on Sporeggar when the date is announced.

As for the point about a Lvl85/90 coming along and "Ganking" us at WPVP, I would not personally be annoyed, and there's also the point that a few 60s, can take out an 85, I've seen it. Not played the MoP Beta, so can't say about 90s, as I have not experienced what Nerfs and upgrades are being implemented into the game.

Thank you for any Support!

Deleted
    I also understand about the enormous changes to World of Warcraft with the Shattered Landscape, the main reason this Operation went ahead was because information was released, from blizzard, that they had no Plans for a Vanilla realm, and that they were concentrating on Diablo 3 and any future games.

People pass us off, saying what's so fun about 60 Twinking, well, come to the Meeting, find out how many people are interested and come give it ago, I mean, what's there to Lose?

Deleted
    For those of you who want more information regarding the above post, I can tell you this so far:

The date for the meeting will be decided within the week, and Títan will edit his posts to tell all of those who are interested about the confirmed date. It will be in the near future (at least 2 months away) to gather significant publicity, through the 'snowball-effect' of people sharing information.

If it seems unlikely that this will work, then do your bit to help, as this cause will be nothing without people sharing it to their guild facebook-pages, or discussing it on vent servers, or even just telling one person from your guild about it... Even if you don't play your twink anymore, copying and pasting this takes about 20 seconds, which is well worth it to even attempt to establish an unofficial 'vanilla-realm'.

I also understand that people will be skeptical about whether or not others are genuinely going to transfer to our server. So I will reveal part of my plan to you now:

- If you are anxious about transferring a character without knowing if others will do the same (as you rightly should be :P) then the first phase of this whole endeavour is to have people make an alt on out server. If we got, say... 50 people making alt characters on our server in the first day, following the meeting, then you could either level that to 60, or just use this to dispel your fears about more people moving here.

In short:
    -make an alt on Sporeggar following the meeting (or beforehand if you wish)
    -count the number of new accounts making alts within the guild
    -decide whether or not you want to move a twink here, or level one from scratch.

Finally, I would like to encourage you to check out other forums where this same thing has been posted. If you really want to help, you can both share, and bump these posts to others, and also, information updates may reach some forums faster than others, so please check out all of this stuff.

---
    To all twinks out there in europe, our pvp was thriving in cataclysm at the start, but once again is dying. You can quit twinking, or you can work towards getting organised pvp and raids out of what remains of the twink population. We aim to bolster the organised side of twinking by working with fellow guilds, and creating this new twink community.

Sporeggar is low populated, but the lack of 85s may actually benefit us, in creating the classic World of Warcraft server that we all seek, and Blizzard has yet to make.

-Gúts
    <GM of Argent Conquest>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faderade View Post
    what will you do if a griefer makes an 85/90 and just smashes you every time you try to wPvP?
    Then we will do what we did last time. Back in wotlk, an 80 death knight and 80 warrior in Relentless (best at the time) pvp gear decided they wanted to steal the world boss we were hunting. Before attacking, they decided to /lol at us, and have us watch. What they didn't expect was that a group of level 60s could kill both of them without losing more than 6 people...

Cataclysm makes it over 5x as difficult to defeat the top end players. But at the Gurubashi arena, we have killed an 85 warlock... More than one 85, or one 85 of the right class/gear combination would destroy us, let alone a level 90, but that is one of the benefits of making this happen on a dead server. It is still possible that people will do this, but then again, we could just bring a couple of 60s on their 85s as guards.

This is not the main thing to worry about, so I suggest people come to the meeting