Voters
146. This poll is closed
  • Magneto

57 39.04%
  • Magikarp

89 60.96%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    So you want a scenario where Magikarp can beat magneto?

2-D universe: Even assuming that electromagnetism works at all in a 2-D universe and charged particles do exist, both the particle spin and the magnetic field created by moving charges would not exist (indeed, they would be perpendicular to the plane of that 2-D universe, hence outside the allowed degrees of freedom).

Take Magneto to the 2-D pokemon Universe.... suddenly he's completely depowered! Magikarp is able to splash him to boredom.
    Magneto would just punch him to death. He's usually depicted as in pretty good physical shape in the comics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Magneto would just punch him to death. He's usually depicted as in pretty good physical shape in the comics.
    Sounds quite right, but i have 2 objections:
    -Do we know how human strength measures up to the pokemon strength in the pokemon world?
    -Magneto is actually an old man. Wasn't he using his magnetism-manipulation powers to actually pump his phisical strength up? If this is correct, his physical strength would be reduced to the normal for an old man.

(I just want to point out that i do not think Magikarp could beat Magneto in any form of fashion. For the sake of discussion, though, i am trying to picture at least one scenario where Magikarp would have... uh... a "fighting chance" >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    Sounds quite right, but i have 2 objections:
    -Do we know how human strength measures up to the pokemon strength in the pokemon world?
    -Magneto is actually an old man. Wasn't he using his magnetism-manipulation powers to actually pump his phisical strength up? If this is correct, his physical strength would be reduced to the normal for an old man.

(I just want to point out that i do not think Magikarp could beat Magneto in any form of fashion. For the sake of discussion, though, i am trying to picture at least one scenario where Magikarp would have... uh... a "fighting chance" >.>)
    From the anime and such, it's pretty much how you'd expect it to behave. Fighting pokemon spar with their trainers regularly. Magikarp's just a fish. In-game, it's tackle can barely even hurt terrible pokemon. I think even a 70ish(?) year old man could beat up a Magikarp until it didn't want to fight anymore. Magikarp can barely hurt bugs :/

Magikarp would own Magneto with a single splash attack. What is he going to control, metal? THIS FISH AINT MADE OF METAL, WE'RE IN WATER!! SPLASH ATTACK IS SUPER EFFECTIVE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Magikarp would own Magneto with a single splash attack. What is he going to control, metal? THIS FISH AINT MADE OF METAL, WE'RE IN WATER!! SPLASH ATTACK IS SUPER EFFECTIVE!!
    Magneto has extreme superhuman strength, and as such is capable of lifting over 100 tons. Just fyi. No need for metal.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Magneto vs. Magikarp.

Magneto slips in the splashed up water, and accidentally drops the overly big piece of bridge on his head.
    This
    Magnokinesis: Magneto has near-limitless control of all forms of magnetism, whether natural or artificial, to manipulate any metal. He recently proved able to effectively contain the power of a Celestial [20]. Magneto can maintain total control of an entire planet's electromagnetic field and manipulate it accordingly. Magneto has harnessed magnetism to stop armies, raise islands from ocean floors, move mountains, change the course of rivers, and threaten to devastate the world with apocalyptic floods and continent shaking earthquakes. Magneto once blanketed the entire globe with a self-generated electromagnetic pulse that caused widespread devastation. Moreover, he can use his magnetic powers in more than one way simultaneously.

and what makes you think he's on foot?

Magnetic Force-Fields: Magneto usually protects himself with a personal force field that he can quickly expand to protect large areas. His force field has withstood the effects of multiple nuclear weapons, volcanic eruptions, the depths of space and attacks from multiple Avengers or X-Men, including Phoenix, Thor, and even Galactus. Magneto can also use his force fields to hit or trap an enemy.

Magneto...in his sleep

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Finally! Poll results that I actually like .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    What's the best way to describe the people who constantly complain and moan about the competition and 'OP' characters, then vote for a a pile of red scales that's having a seizure, pretending it is something other than useless. I was thinking of Scumbag Steve, but I don't think it truly express the amount of irony the situation has.
    I think you're kinda off here.

People complain that everyone votes for OP and boring characters. People now vote for underpowered and funny characters instead. I can't see how that's much surprising at all =D

this is dumb lol, only reason magikarp is winning is because it would be funny for him to win

I say Magneto will obliterate Magicarp without breaking a sweat.