Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't understand. You log in, log out, log in, log out for 3h and that is fun? Or am I missing something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    I don't understand. You log in, log out, log in, log out for 3h and that is fun? Or am I missing something?
    The fun part is to ding 60 with as little /played time as possible. The way to that goal is rather redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems fine to me, I suffered through leveling a DH to 56 the conventional way, took me 44 hours, my monk hit 60 at 35 hours...I hates my DH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    The fun part is to ding 60 with as little /played time as possible. The way to that goal is rather redundant.
    If that makes you happy it's cool. Although I don't think this is an achievement, sry.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun trying something outside the box. Congratz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    I know one person does not really matter, but if they do not change/fix this I will never buy another blizzard game again. This is not only completely stupid, it is pointless to exist in a game.
    Why? In this game, getting to 60 is relatively pointless. Not like you beat the game once you're 60. The entire purpose of Diablo is gathering gear. Even in D2, you could speed boost people through the XP. I don't see why it would be any different in D3 when Blizzard tried their hardest to ensure it's essentially D2 in a new jacket.

15 mins played time but 3 hours of actually waiting around for the invites....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    I've heard rumors of someone doing it in 4 minutes, though I'm extremely skeptical of that.
    There was a thread made on diablofans in my honor. The intent was to completely mock me, and not to actually state a 1-60 4min /played. I realize it can be hard to spot, without delving into the matter further.

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    is a screen shot of and post on the diablofans forums of someone doing 1-60 in 4 min 31 seconds, pretty easy to do with a buddy or 2nd account
    Only that picture is photoshopped. The guy who made that thread posted in mine prior (where I shared a 42min /played), ridiculing me. He then went on the create the 4min 31s thread, with the intent to further ridiculing me. Hence all the "awesome! " replies he got. This is the thread you're referring to, and this was my thread, and this was his post in my thread. As you can see, there's less than a four hour window between his post in my thread, and him making his own. Also, note the tags he's using for his thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    using some sort of programming "flaw" to attain levels is an exploit
    The programming in this case is sound, the planning on the other hand wasn't. There's no bug abuse involved. Anytime I find a bug or a cheat I write a ticket (and I've got to say, given the serious nature of those tickets, the responses I get from the staff handling them is abysmal). I create constructive threads on things missing in the game, or things that needs to be improved upon on the official forums, and I don't mind making a video of something I feel need more attention (when a picture paints a thousand words and all that). I consider myself have a strong moral compass, and a lot of experience with Blizzard titles. If I ever thought, even for a second, that this is something they'd label an exploit, I would have reported it, and I wouldn't have made the video (as in, I wouldn't have participated).

Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I love how the names/characters are whited out at the end of the video, but that person just scrolls through their whole friends list and shows the character name/person's name anyways. Epic fail right there. Also, ZK runs, nothing new. There's a reason you're getting flamed - you think you're cool and original trying to show off some speed leveling and acting like you don't care to brag/boast. If you truly didn't, you wouldn't have made these posts in the first place. Cy@
    Actually, I did it on purpose. I know, sounds like a ridiculous thing to say with a straight face. I had a wager of sorts with myself. I fully expected it to be noticed (come on, how could someone miss THAT?), I was just curious how it would be brought to my attention. I had my suspicions, I don't know if I'm glad or sad that you confirmed them.

And to answer your question (that you strictly speaking didn't ask), I truly don't care what people I've never met think of me. I love film and humour, so I enjoy doing some (minor) editing, and I enjoy sharing. I don't see how it can be so vastly misinterpreted (and by so many!).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    15 mins played time but 3 hours of actually waiting around for the invites....
    If you're waiting for invites it takes longer. If you are doing it with friends you can just right click their name and join their game, from the one you're already in. It is much faster that way and you don't have to wait on 2 loading screens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    I know one person does not really matter, but if they do not change/fix this I will never buy another blizzard game again. This is not only completely stupid, it is pointless to exist in a game.
    Oh I'm sure it will be fixed. Probably soon but for sure eventually.

But... how is it hurting you? Or anyone? Other than the person doing it who now has a level 60 they have no experience with, they miss out on the leveling part of the game (which I think is quite fun for most of it) and they have no gear for that brand new 60 and no gold to speak of. Unless of course they leveled another 60 the proper way... but if they did that then they could easily just buy items and power level their way to a 60 alt anyway in a few hours.

I dunno, it just seems like a silly little bug that is both boring to use and gets you very little reward. Getting to 60 is easy peasy anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    If that makes you happy it's cool. Although I don't think this is an achievement, sry.
    Why would it make me happy? Apparently it makes the OP happy, but I am not the OP, nor a friend of his or even remotely related to OP.
    And why would I concider it to be an achievement? Why is it even relevant if it is an achievement or not? And whether it is an achievement or not is related to the person who do it, not some stranger. And lastly, why do you appologize? Because you have another opinion than someone else? Well than you better go appologize to every single person in the universe because noone will share your opinion in every situations possible.

Didnt they nerf Zultun Kulle XP now? I think normal was left untouched, still like 13k xp/kill. I hear other places nerfed?

Idk if this has been mentioned before, but how did you get to nightmare difficulty without beating diablo in norm mode? You went from 20-39 then went into nightmare difficulty. when I was lvling you couldn't go into anohter difficulty without beating norm diablo first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Even if character sales never come to the HC side, getting to level 60 on a HC character without ever stepping in front of a monster to at least have that tiny bit of chance of things going sour and your character dying is simply cheating and exploiting. No two ways about it.
    That's your opinion, not a fact. Pretending it is one and stating it as one doesn't make it so. The same goes for my opinion of course. The only people who's opinion matters in this matter is Blizzard, as far as I know they have yet to ban anyone for doing anything of this nature. They might fix the mechanic because its an OP tactic but until they label it as cheating and start punishing people with warning, suspension and bans then its 100% legit.
    I'm pretty sure it's a widely accepted fact that playing a HC character comes with the inherent danger of dying, and furthermore I'm fairly sure that's exactly the point of HC characters; to have that danger. If you bypass that danger at least as far as leveling to 60 goes, then yeah, it indeed is my opinion that it's cheating just as much as any cheat code that gave you max level would be. Whether you call it an opinion or a fact makes no difference to me, or to many other people I'm sure, because when someone looks at this tactic, they know what it is. They don't need to be told what it is with a label.

Also, as far as I know, the Kulle "exploit" got nerfed, so I guess Blizzard wasn't too happy about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Oh I'm sure it will be fixed. Probably soon but for sure eventually.

But... how is it hurting you? Or anyone? Other than the person doing it who now has a level 60 they have no experience with, they miss out on the leveling part of the game (which I think is quite fun for most of it) and they have no gear for that brand new 60 and no gold to speak of. Unless of course they leveled another 60 the proper way... but if they did that then they could easily just buy items and power level their way to a 60 alt anyway in a few hours.

I dunno, it just seems like a silly little bug that is both boring to use and gets you very little reward. Getting to 60 is easy peasy anyway.
    Well if you look at his character screen he had a lvl 60 wizard, so I'm pretty sure thisguy has gear lined up for his DH. It also showed the wizards time played which was much longer than 15min.

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 07:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    lol, this is not an exploit? really? then what is?blizz designed the game with the intention of you actually playing it to level,im pretty sure.they did not make this game so you can "glitch it out" to power level a toon to 60 in a few minutes.sorry but this is an exploit, its the perfect example of one.using some sort of programming "flaw" to attain levels is an exploit(and cheesy)but whetever its your game, your time, your money, your life, do what you want.still this likely wasnt the way they inteneded the game to be,im pretty positive .anyone with any shred of common sense can come to that conclusion.blizz will fix it, then will you claim it wasnt an exploit? dont be stupid, they wouldnt fix it if it wasnt, and im betting the bank they do,which says all that needs to be said , really......
    I wouldn't exactly call it an exploit just because the majority of ppl don't know how to do it including myself, he jumped from 20 to 39 and went into nightmare mode. I wasn't able to do that because I tried lol. Maybe it is an exploit, but even if it is I wouldn;t want to lvl that way hell I took my time lvling I got like 60+ hrs on my 56 DH lol. I'm in no rush I want to experience everything. Maybe clever but why anyone would wanna lvl that way is beyond me, You miss so much lol. I still wanna know how he got from 20-39 and went into nightmare difficulty. No wonder ppl go and complain on forums that they're bored of the game, they don't get to do any of the content this way. lol
    Last edited by Goretex; 2012-06-09 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    Idk if this has been mentioned before, but how did you get to nightmare difficulty without beating diablo in norm mode? You went from 20-39 then went into nightmare difficulty. when I was lvling you couldn't go into anohter difficulty without beating norm diablo first.
    Not everything was frapsed, and a lot was cut out. The Nightmare->Hell Diablo kill was shown, and did it the same way as the Normal->Nightmare. The video is more of a summary that show how we did it, and sort of expects the viewer to know what's going on, which was a bad judgment call on my part tbh, I should've been more thorough. So it doesn't show everything (no one in their right mind would watch it all).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    I'd be surprised if anyone at all got banned from this, seeing as thousands of players have been doing this for awhile, just like Azmo runs lol.
    Which is why it'd be great if said thousands of players got banned, the outrage would be entertaining, just because a bunch of people do it, doesn't mean it's not an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    I don't consider anything anyone has done in games an exploit, except just plain hacking. If it wasn't meant to be done, it wouldn't of been there at all. Sure, they didn't know about it and took it out later, but that's their own fault.
    If it isn't their intended or approved use of the mechanic then it is an exploit. Please don't mistake an exploit for hacking or for cheating. They are not one and the same. The word exploit means to take advantage of, more particularly in the case of computer software to take advantage of in a way that is unanticipated or unintended. This method of leveling is obviously NOT intended by blizzard.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not preaching from a high horse. I don't see anything wrong with what was done, it's not cheating and Diablo III is really a PvE game (even after they add the PvP) so it doesn't really bother me that someone has taken advantage of a design flaw to game the system.

But please don't pretend that it is not an exploit. See a dictionary, you will be enlightened.

This method was quickly crushed by Blizzard last night, as a hot fix went in that Zul Kulle No longer awards XP.

Deleted
    Well... congratulations for you, but to be honest, this still looks like an exploit to me, as this is not the intended way to get to max level, nor a true smart use of in-game mechanics. That said, this shows that people can abuse D3 even with the "ever watchful eye of Blizzard" watching them.