Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Oh no the fanboy card :/

    For all we know this was planned. I've never argued for a release date in August or September, that seems unreasonably close. Personally I think a release date in October is more realistic. But let's just see what they actually do in that zone, before we jump to conclusions.
    wow, just wow... wink, wink, nudge, nudge say no more

  2. #22
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    wow, just wow... wink, wink, nudge, nudge say no more
    I don't even know what that means.

  3. #23
    Blademaster losmarios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    "We expect Jade Forest to be offline for an extended period of time; we’ll provide further details as we progress with our updates to the zone. Thank you for testing Mists of Pandaria!"

    And with that Blue pronouncement you can kiss an August launch goodbye and a September launch is now not a certainty either.
    Maybe they take Jade Forest offline, because it has already been tested alot and they want the players to test the other zones ;-)

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I don't even know what that means.
    I doubt he does either. After all, why bother discussing a point when you can just deride anyone that disagrees as fanboys and astroturfers?
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    I doubt he does either. After all, why bother discussing a point when you can just deride anyone that disagrees as fanboys and astroturfers?
    the nudge, nudge comment is from monty python and discussing almost anything on this site is pretty useless tbh when people live in either an altered reality or just like to troll when faced with common sense conclusions.

    and you can't discuss something with people not willing to face facts, reality etc - that guy said he didn't think it would be released to october to begin with but also didn't think revamping an entire zone would contribute to such a late release date and that taking this zone offline for extended period to revamp it was probably planned

    not deriding anyone who can up with an intelligent response to begin with

    and with that I will say no more

  6. #26
    Guys just look at Sensa's post history. It's a troll who says in almost every post he wont play MoP, but still comes here to reply so just ignore him

  7. #27
    The heck? Monks get a special place now too!? That does it...I want a thieves-guild-esque-super-secret-hideout for rogues! That's how SI:7 should have been from the very beginning anyways. It's basically the Alliance's CIA and we're letting any old fool off the street just waltz right in!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    the nudge, nudge comment is from monty python and discussing almost anything on this site is pretty useless tbh when people live in either an altered reality or just like to troll when faced with common sense conclusions.

    and you can't discuss something with people not willing to face facts, reality etc - that guy said he didn't think it would be released to october to begin with but also didn't think revamping an entire zone would contribute to such a late release date and that taking this zone offline for extended period to revamp it was probably planned

    not deriding anyone who can up with an intelligent response to begin with

    and with that I will say no more
    You have not started with intelligence to begin with. You based all your argument on the big assumption that the zone is closed for revamp. Something that you *can't* know for certain. You *suppose* that it is the reason as you have no *factual evidence* that the zone is offline for revamp.

    As another said it is possible that they are guiding the tests elsewhere (as they did at the beginning to test the pandaren starting areas) if they see that people stuck in that zone and not testing anything else.
    You may be right, or you may be wrong, no one is denying that this can be the reason, we are just exploring possible other reasons for this. But you're the one that we can't discuss with because *you* are the one that have closed the windows to any other possibility if not your own ideas and that per se has *no discussion values* also again with the fanboy card you just burned any possible chance of discussion because "you don't agree with me so you're a fanboy or brainwhased" and that does not create ground for discussion.

    Reality is that you don't want to *discuss* anything you're just looking for people nodding at your ideas to nurture your ego.
    Last edited by Brazorf; 2012-06-09 at 09:35 AM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    The heck? Monks get a special place now too!? That does it...I want a thieves-guild-esque-super-secret-hideout for rogues! That's how SI:7 should have been from the very beginning anyways. It's basically the Alliance's CIA and we're letting any old fool off the street just waltz right in!
    Ravenholdt Manor.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    You have not started with intelligence to begin with. You based all your argument on the big assumption that the zone is closed for revamp. Something that you *can't* know for certain. You *suppose* that it is the reason as you have no *factual evidence* that the zone is offline for revamp.

    As another said it is possible that they are guiding the tests elsewhere if they see that people stuck in that zone and not testing anything else.
    You may be right, or you may be wrong, no one is telling you that what you said is totally wrong, we are exploring possibilities and possible other reasons for this. But you're the one that we can't discuss with because *you* are the one that have closed the windows to any other possibility if not your own ideas and that per se has *no discussion values* also again with the fanboy card you just burned any any other possible chance of discussion because "you don't agree with me so you're a fanboy or brainwhased" that burn any possible ground for discussion.

    Reality is that you don't want to *discuss* anything you're just looking for people nodding at your ideas to nurture your ego.
    Seriously...thanks for proving my point

    adding to my previous comment about not being able to discuss anything with people living on another planet I just got trashed for making assumptions and having no proof

    so I WILL QUOTE FROM THE BLUE POST DIRECTLY:

    With the next patch to the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria beta, we will be temporarily removing the Jade Forest zone. We’re going to be making improvements to the zone, We expect Jade Forest to be offline for an extended period of time; we’ll provide further details as we progress with our updates to the zone.

    apparently only on a wow fansite can "be making improvements" and "further details as we can progress with our updates to the zone" not actually mean they are doing what they say they are doing


    I give up...you people are just too smart for me
    Last edited by Sensa; 2012-06-09 at 09:41 AM.

  11. #31
    Point taken, so apologies for excessively jump to conclusions and maybe be a bit harsher than necessary. Sadly there are *many* people that use your same arguments to just dismiss every other idea or chance to discussion, that I'm not used to actually having someone telling the same things with an actual point
    I missed a few lines in the blue text

    However, Improvements =/= revamp

    and they also stated "and want to put the focus of testing on other areas during this time." so both points end up to be somwewhat valids

    extende period of time can mean few hours or few days not necessarily "months"
    There are also extended maintenance but they are some hours longer than normal one *shrug*
    Last edited by Brazorf; 2012-06-09 at 10:07 AM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    gotta love people who can remain optomistic in the face of irrefutable evidence to the contrary - if they release MoP in August there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow and unicorns exists
    saving this for future reference
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by regoran View Post
    Master Ox = Brewmaster
    Master Serpent = Mistweaver
    Mater Tiger = Windwalker
    Master Crane = ????
    Do you guys think that it is a hint for an upcoming fourth spec?
    Those are the 4 August Celestials, so I think it is more a reference to that.

  14. #34
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    the nudge, nudge comment is from monty python and discussing almost anything on this site is pretty useless tbh when people live in either an altered reality or just like to troll when faced with common sense conclusions.

    and you can't discuss something with people not willing to face facts, reality etc - that guy said he didn't think it would be released to october to begin with but also didn't think revamping an entire zone would contribute to such a late release date and that taking this zone offline for extended period to revamp it was probably planned

    not deriding anyone who can up with an intelligent response to begin with

    and with that I will say no more
    Wow, some one woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

    People are going to be far more reception to badly articulated ideas if you don't come across as a jerk and try and attack them with every post. For the record, I think you're right. I'm now predicting a mid August release, but not because of this information, I'm going from the fact that 5.0 isn't on the PTR yet, it's close, but it's not there.

    From pre-expansion PTR to expansion usually takes two months, as it did from Wrath to Cataclysm - our most recent basis for comparison.

    Raid content has probably been done and ready to ship out for testing for a while now, it's just how stuff's done, heroic testing comes first.

    Just calm down, so you've found someone who disagrees with you, welcome to the world and especially the internet. There's plenty more out there.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  15. #35
    Sensa, are you feeling well?
    Ah yes, revamp =/= improvements. Seriously. Unless Blizzard says so. Which they didnt.

  16. #36
    For me that is still a August release

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    Seriously...thanks for proving my point

    adding to my previous comment about not being able to discuss anything with people living on another planet I just got trashed for making assumptions and having no proof

    so I WILL QUOTE FROM THE BLUE POST DIRECTLY:

    With the next patch to the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria beta, we will be temporarily removing the Jade Forest zone. We’re going to be making improvements to the zone, We expect Jade Forest to be offline for an extended period of time; we’ll provide further details as we progress with our updates to the zone.

    apparently only on a wow fansite can "be making improvements" and "further details as we can progress with our updates to the zone" not actually mean they are doing what they say they are doing


    I give up...you people are just too smart for me
    Then why are you on a WoW fansite? "WoW fanboys on a WoW fansite? Inconceivable!" They are applying changes to the zone, likely based on Beta feedback. Some of those changes while in progress will make the zone unplayable. Instead of having numerous complaints about more bugs in the zone, the result of unfinished changes, they've simply decided to redirect players away from the zone. That is the simplest, most reasonable explanation. Your explanation that Blizzard considers the zone completely broken and are "revamping" it is an extremist explanation based on the assumption that Blizzard is incapable of releasing their products in a timely manner. It is not indisputable proof; only a baseless assumption.

    Everyone has their predictions on when MoP will release. But that's all they are - predictions. This news on Jade Forest doesn't change anything, and your condescending tone is not warranted and certainly not needed.

  18. #38
    "We also looked at the effects in a more neutral colored zone and made some easier to see". Ah, I saw what you did there... all those plants and bushes and flowers obscuring the player (is that a gnome mage, there?) are certainly neutral.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    I give up...you people are just too smart for me
    Was about time...take care bye.

  20. #40
    They are already raiding on the closed beta F&F servers.. my God, check out the patch notes from weeks ago. Do you really think they are making adjustments to the achievements for raiding without anyone actually doing the raids already? What people have to realize is that because of the Annual Pass situation, the ópen´beta is a very old version of what they are actually working on. You hear this from GC constantly when he talks about a change to a spell and says that a change he already implemented and is playing won´t be on the beta servers for a patch or two. This beta is drastically different than any of the others because the AP numbers got out of control.

    As for Jade Forest, sorry to burst your bubble, but they are not doing major quest revamps or any new secret stuff. The downtime is to optimize the new cross realm/ multi-zone feature, which will need to be used extensively in Jade Forest to prevent Hellfire Pen issues (since 95% of a servers population will be in that one zone the first week). More specifically, they are optimizing the way it will work on pvp realms to balance factions when a single realm has more than one ´copy´of Jade Forest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •