Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Incomplete game is incomplete. Still alot of fun tho. lol

So much win!!!!

omg...it works ^^
    this is kinda hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    It's not that is was lazy; its that the guy coding it was thinking "Ok, i need to make it so that you can't cancel an auction after someone bid, "DateTime.Now"" not "OMG WHAT IF SOMEONE CHANGES THEIR SYSTEM TIME?!?!"

Programs like Diablo III have millions of lines of code, if someone had that level of thinking (the last one) for every logical problem they encountered, it'd take over a decade to make a game....oh wait.
    It's reading your system time instead of server's time. It's a pretty big mistake, that would have been hard to catch in testing. Unless someone finds it while ad-hoc testing, I doubt their test plan covered changing system time.

Deleted
    Wow, just wow...

This brings me joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Brb reporting this officially to Blizzard
    Why the eff...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm going to lol when people get banned over this.

So in a game where we have to always be connected online to play it checks the time locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    So in a game where we have to always be connected online to play it checks the time locally.
    Being connected to the internet has absolutely nothing to do with the end customer experience, and 100% to do with combating piracy.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    Somebody lets the new guy code for a day and look what happens....
    That made me chuckle
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a strange way to cancel an auction! Hopefully they'll get the hint we'd like to cancel our auctions now. < <
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

lol that is such an amateur fail by blizz, did they get all their staff from Taiwan to make even better profits?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    Hm.. I know nobody will care but I guess its probably not a wise idea to show you partake in breaking the TOS in a stream. (If he does use JSP for D3/WoW)

But yeah - You can tell they let the interns come in, and make a novice mistake of it going by local system time rather than server time.
    Just a note; D2JSP is also very much a trading forum. And i believe thats where he uses the forum for atm actually .

OT; this actually made me lol, reminds me of fable 2(or 3, not sure) where you could set forward your time of your xbox and you got all the gold made from rent ingame in a second for months worth

Deleted
    They stated that they'd like to implement the cancel feature in the future anyway..but this rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I'm going to lol when people get banned over this.
    We are yet to see what's bannable in Diablo 3 so far. But I can tell you that this isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by zjadow View Post
    Just a note; D2JSP is also very much a trading forum. And i believe thats where he uses the forum for atm actually .

OT; this actually made me lol, reminds me of fable 2(or 3, not sure) where you could set forward your time of your xbox and you got all the gold made from rent ingame in a second for months worth
    I wouldn't of said anything if he didn't have 10k FG

Just a thought: what happens if someone bids on an item, then you cancel it? Anyone want to test it?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Not quite. I may just be an amateur solo developer, but when i'm working on something these days, i try to look at it from all angles, and not rely on some unknown variable that i don't control (unless i do actually, for example, need to know the local system time because sync isn't needed).
    It's just an overlook most likely. It's quite common to just use DateTime.Now if you need to check it, and some coder just tossed it in instead some ServerTime.Now (or whatever). I think we'll see it fixed sometime next patch (not sure if they can change it via hotfix). It should have come out in testing phase but apparently it didn't.
    Those mistakes happen all the time in software development. Last week, after over 6 months of testing of one of our apps, someone by accident, spotted that at one point when you need to input a pin number of a person connecting to the app - it acutally checks for pin of a person that is logged in instead. It wasn't found for 6 months, several releases, and testings done both in our and client's department. And this is far bigger (though requiring 10 secs to fix) and far more obvious mistake than using DateTime.Now..

Cool find, but nothing I'd cry and call Blizz devs bads or amateurs (like some people in this thread).
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Just a thought: what happens if someone bids on an item, then you cancel it? Anyone want to test it?
    I imagine they get their gold back. As far the AH is concerned this would probably be the same as canceling an auction the "normal" way within 5 minutes of it being put up.

And this is quite handy. Don't have to underprice all of my auctions anymore.