Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Having dps issues, ~35-37k what am I doing wrong?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Bryce/advanced

I'm anywhere between 32k to 38k, the burst is there, 60kish burst, but my substained dps is just horrible. I need to figure out why before our H madness attempts tomorrow since we're 1 tanking it a few times to see if that works better.

My proirty is:

Inq up, refresh if lower than 3 seconds
    Templars Verdict at 3HP
    Exorcism is CS is on cooldown and can't use TV
    Holy Wrath if everything else is on cooldown

For AoE: I try and remember to use seal of righteousness, but I can't figure out a good macro for it because if I remember to use it, I forget to go back to seal of truth =/. For skills I basically just replace CS with DS and keep the rest the same. Swapping back to single target when less then 3-4 targets are up.

I don't have a current log with the new heroic gear, but here's one from a couple weeks ago, it's only from H Yorsahj as that's the only one I dps on right now. I'll try and get one for tomorrow night on madness and next week see if I can't dps every fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vyp7y7iaswnd05wn/

I was dpsing H Yorsahj for that one.

Deleted
    First of all I wouldn't reforge into dodge for dps, ever :P

Reforge Haste to expertise on shoulders and haste to hit on belt and it should be fixed atleast.

You didn't have blessing of might or motw/kings, no flask and no food buff

Your priority should be:
    Get Inquisition up with 3 HP, reapply with 3 HP if it's about to drop
    Under 3HP Priority: CS > DP TV > J > Exo > HoW > HW > Cons
    3HP Priority: DP TV > Exo > HP TV

Lastly I would recommend that you post in this thread instead of making a new one.
    Last edited by mmoc8b393fc574; 2012-06-10 at 12:42 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What??? Where did I reforge dodge on my dps gear??

Oh, woops -_- can a mod move this to the fix my dps thread please?

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Bryce/advanced

I'm anywhere between 32k to 38k, the burst is there, 60kish burst, but my substained dps is just horrible. I need to figure out why before our H madness attempts tomorrow since we're 1 tanking it a few times to see if that works better.

My proirty is:

Inq up, refresh if lower than 3 seconds
    Templars Verdict at 3HP
    Exorcism is CS is on cooldown and can't use TV
    Holy Wrath if everything else is on cooldown

For AoE: I try and remember to use seal of righteousness, but I can't figure out a good macro for it because if I remember to use it, I forget to go back to seal of truth =/. For skills I basically just replace CS with DS and keep the rest the same. Swapping back to single target when less then 3-4 targets are up.

I don't have a current log with the new heroic gear, but here's one from a couple weeks ago, it's only from H Yorsahj as that's the only one I dps on right now. I'll try and get one for tomorrow night on madness and next week see if I can't dps every fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vyp7y7iaswnd05wn/

I was dpsing H Yorsahj for that one.
    You don't hard cast it do you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    You don't hard cast it do you?
    A mistake I see many, many rets doing constantly... casting exo in melee combat without AoW proc.

Makes me want to cry every time I see it.

looking at Yosh logs i see you used AW 3 times nad Zealority 2 times you should macro it to same button and it will give you more burst
    #showtooltip
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    /cast Zealotry
    and i like to add
    /cast Inquisition

and then ofc you hit CS>TV>CS>TV etc if it's like more then 1 sec on CS cd after you hit TV use HoW but under BL CS>TV
    you hit CS/DS every 4 sec which isn't bad but since you didn't switch for ooze it could be better.
    Use your prepot plus all CD's(Goak you wait 5 sec , then potion, few sec later you should have 3 hp you pop AW+Zealority+Inq and you spamm CS>TV etc) at start since you'r staying on Yosh hole time. If you get Creche proc at start with your AW/Zealority you'll have it for next time, when you get CD's so try to time it when you get proc from trinket use it with your CD's.
    Well if there's something wrong come1 correct me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monoroth View Post
    looking at Yosh logs i see you used AW 3 times nad Zealority 2 times you should macro it to same button and it will give you more burst
    #showtooltip
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    /cast Zealotry
    and i like to add
    /cast Inquisition

and then ofc you hit CS>TV>CS>TV etc if it's like more then 1 sec on CS cd after you hit TV use HoW but under BL CS>TV
    you hit CS/DS every 4 sec which isn't bad but since you didn't switch for ooze it could be better.
    Use your prepot plus all CD's(Goak you wait 5 sec , then potion, few sec later you should have 3 hp you pop AW+Zealority+Inq and you spamm CS>TV etc) at start since you'r staying on Yosh hole time. If you get Creche proc at start with your AW/Zealority you'll have it for next time, when you get CD's so try to time it when you get proc from trinket use it with your CD's.
    Well if there's something wrong come1 correct me.
    :O I never use all CD's together, I usually use guardian, wait a few seconds, use AW and when that's gone I pop Zealotry.
    then again, It's not like I'm pro or anything...

Anyway, for exorcism, if you have the tendency to spam buttons, use

#showtooltip
    /cast Exorcism
    /stopcast

Same macro as Slam on fury war, prevents you from acidentally casting it :3

well you should try idk about crits with splited CD's but i do like when i pop all of them plus extra nice burst under all CD's, depend on crits/procs you can do 2-3 mil dmg in about 35 sec (my best one was 3 mil dmg in 30-35 sec and that was without BL every TV was crit hit). Just imagine if you get best proc/crit ratio under all CD's when there's Cataclysm casted on DW HC pownage .)
    Zealority (4p T13) + AW = 38% more dmg spliting that in 2 will just lower your burst on which we depened so much. Well i guess everyone has their playstyle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    :O I never use all CD's together, I usually use guardian, wait a few seconds, use AW and when that's gone I pop Zealotry.

#showtooltip
    /cast Exorcism
    /stopcast

But then you can't spam exorcism when there's melee downtime, unless you make an addional exorcism bind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post

#showtooltip
    /cast Exorcism
    /stopcast

Didn't bliz apply a fix to these type of macros, causing the swing timer to reset, if you use /stopcast.

Deleted
    For reforging, use mrrobot.com or another reforging calculator, they really help find the best way to hit/exp cap and maximize throughput stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevos View Post
    Didn't bliz apply a fix to these type of macros, causing the swing timer to reset, if you use /stopcast.
    You will still lose less dps from having your swing timer reset then to hard cast a entire exo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    You will still lose less dps from having your swing timer reset then to hard cast a entire exo
    True, but better to try and teach yourself not to cast it at all.

Yeah its hard work, but using a macro just teaches bad behaviour.

I just cancel cast whenever i do it, so effectively slapping myself.

Probably do it once a raid now. I learnt it through raiding with my shaman in WotLK and MW5 stacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Obviously since hardcasting exorcism resets swing timer aswell