Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Okay, not really answering the question about what you thought about its longevity, though. And did D2 REALLY provide more? I played it, and, I gotta say, D3 feels like more of the same.
    Because the whole point of the game was to farm gear, and that was what people enjoyed about it. But the auction house and the gear design in D3 aren't nearly as enjoyable as in D2, and that's reason enough that D3 doesn't have the same longevity.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wont have the same long term popularity, because it has competition now. Competition that does a better job, from blizzard themselves.

and also because it's stale. Blizzard really didn't evolve the game enough imo. When you combine that with the fact that they fucked up what made diablo actually fun in the first place, it's a recipe for boredom.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the game is fine however the AH thing is pretty much a nail into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I played diablo 2 for 10 hours a day for about 4 years straight and I haven't touched diablo 3 in about 2 weeks. I don't think they could have possibly made a worse game if they tried. inb4 herf derf nostalgia

I guess just to be more on topic, I was expecting it to last a few years for me, but I can't even stand the game now.
    I have to ask, what does diablo 2 have that makes it that many hundreds of times more replayable than D3. because you are talking 14,600 hours of D2, and AT MOST(24 hours a day from the 15th to the 26th) 264 hours, with 110 being more likely given your d2 play time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Deleted
    If your time spent on Diablo 3 is measured in hundreds of hours, then it really isn't the game for you. All that's left then is hope that you got enough enjoyment.

Remember when Half-Life 2 came out? A massive hit of a game, right? 9/10, 10/10, GotY, other awards...

Finished in 4 hours.

Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    I have to ask, what does diablo 2 have that makes it that many hundreds of times more replayable than D3. because you are talking 14,600 hours of D2, and AT MOST(24 hours a day from the 15th to the 26th) 264 hours, with 110 being more likely given your d2 play time.
    It's a combination of things really. The feeling of progression and getting gear in d2 was alot better than it is in d3. Also d3 is INCREDIBLY stale at this point. It wasn't evolved enough. D2 was a much bigger change from d1 than d3 was from d2. They just failed to go anywhere with the game and what they did manage to change cocked up everything that was good about d2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    I'll be playing for a very long time mind you, There's a reason why I retired from my previous game that's obviously in my sig.
    And what is this game in your sig, picture looks awesome!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    I felt like there was a lot more stuff to chase. Runewords, jewles, charms. Stuff like that. The 5 original classes were a lot more varied and you weren't pegionhole'd into a role to even stand a chance to progressing. Also because you weren't as restricted, you could make multiple of the same class and have different talents for each of them. I know you can respec now, but I stopped playing before they put that in. Almost any unique item was good at 99 and you weren't just getting the weapon with the highest dps like you are in 3. It's just so lame like 5 affixes are any good and the rest are shitty. I was looking forward to it quite a bit, but I still wasn't expecting much because blizzard has went down the shitty the past few years. It's just very poorly made and it seriously feels like a mess that was half assed. It's great that people are having fun, but that doesn't make it good.

Deleted
    more, more more. Thats all people expect these days.

Diablo is what it is.
    a Game you either love, and will continue playing, long after you have cleared inferno.
    Somthing you play when your out of other games, or just want a bit of quick action.
    Loath because you thought it was going to be somthing else.

I expected it to be be hack and slash (note - Never played any of the diablo's before) and I got what I expected, a simple back story that allows you to go on a murderous spree bringing justified death to demons. The only thing I currently hate about it (apart from inv mobs, and Dumb fuck Followers) is the amount of spam in the general channels. a simple addon like badboy could fix that in an instant.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    And what is this game in your sig, picture looks awesome!
    Well the picture and the game are two different things xD but I retired from WoW and that's it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I had friends who played d2 for years and still do. They will not be doing the same for d3. I realize that's anecdotal but I think the long term popularity of d3 will be far less than it's predecessor.
    As do I, and those friends can tell me all the horror stories about when D2 first came out and how they thought they wouldn't be playing it for very long and then ended up playing it for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Yes, I know D2 was played for 10+ years. What I'm asking is what people THOUGHT they would be getting in terms of D3's longevity. But thanks for adding your personal opinion about the game without reading the original post, that's helpful.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 02:05 AM ----------

See, I like that, that makes sense to me. Clearly the game isn't done being fiddled with.

Oh I see, so it's just you're interested in people who agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    Oh I see, so it's just you're interested in people who agree with you.
    I have a feeling everyone on this forum is to a certain extent or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play both D2 and D3 because im not limited too 1 game i find both of them interesting.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It's a combination of things really. The feeling of progression and getting gear in d2 was alot better than it is in d3. Also d3 is INCREDIBLY stale at this point. It wasn't evolved enough. D2 was a much bigger change from d1 than d3 was from d2. They just failed to go anywhere with the game and what they did manage to change cocked up everything that was good about d2.
    Can you be a little mroe descriptive? been a long time since I played D2, but the wrapped up the story, the seemed to build on it and tie in the previous two stories. What was good about D2 that they cocked up in D3? would it be stale because you overplayed it? like any game that is overplayed? including D2?

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I felt like there was a lot more stuff to chase. Runewords, jewles, charms. Stuff like that. The 5 original classes were a lot more varied and you weren't pegionhole'd into a role to even stand a chance to progressing. Also because you weren't as restricted, you could make multiple of the same class and have different talents for each of them. I know you can respec now, but I stopped playing before they put that in. Almost any unique item was good at 99 and you weren't just getting the weapon with the highest dps like you are in 3. It's just so lame like 5 affixes are any good and the rest are shitty. I was looking forward to it quite a bit, but I still wasn't expecting much because blizzard has went down the shitty the past few years. It's just very poorly made and it seriously feels like a mess that was half assed. It's great that people are having fun, but that doesn't make it good.
    IDK, personally i like the chance that you don't necessarily get a good item, you actually ahve to work for it. Also, many good affixes makes it difficult to determine if an upgrade really is an upgrade, whereas it isn't near as hard when you know what is good, and what is just kinda nice

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    more, more more. Thats all people expect these days.

Diablo is what it is.
    a Game you either love, and will continue playing, long after you have cleared inferno.
    Somthing you play when your out of other games, or just want a bit of quick action.
    Loath because you thought it was going to be somthing else.

I expected it to be be hack and slash (note - Never played any of the diablo's before) and I got what I expected, a simple back story that allows you to go on a murderous spree bringing justified death to demons. The only thing I currently hate about it (apart from inv mobs, and Dumb fuck Followers) is the amount of spam in the general channels. a simple addon like badboy could fix that in an instant.
    /leave general also works...
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

The original D2 did not have runes, gems, charms, etc.

The original D2:LoD expansion did not have skill synergies.

The above two things are, IMO, what make diablo 2's playstyle the most inventive. They both came years after initial release.
    Please give Diablo3 more time before you start yelling at it. We've only just begun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    The original D2 did not have runes, gems, charms, etc.

The original D2:LoD expansion did not have skill synergies.

The above two things are, IMO, what make diablo 2's playstyle the most inventive. They both came years after initial release.
    Please give Diablo3 more time before you start yelling at it. We've only just begun.
    None of that is the problem, diablo 3 just lacks the content and playability to be competitive in todays market of mmo's. Guild wars 1 was the actual evolution from diablo 2, diablo 3 is just a nostelgia game, that most people won't keep playing with other options out there, including WoW, which provide a much more fun, broader, less grindy experience.

Game isn't over until you clear hardcore inferno. Or at a minimum have cleared softcore inferno and have a near-bis char.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moist View Post
    Game isn't over until you clear hardcore inferno. Or at a minimum have cleared softcore inferno and have a near-bis char.
    Totes, cos I havn't ever finished mass effect cos I never played it on the hardest difficulty.
    /rollseyes.

The way I see it, inferno is more like "endgame" an endgame that is just a repetition of the other last 3 difficulties. Pretty lackluster when you compare it to other multiplayer rpgs nowdays, content wise.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2012-06-10 at 03:42 AM.