Sick and Tired of ATT&T Internet Service. Suggestions?

Live in the Houston, TX Area. Does anyone know of any good ISP's?

Thanks

P.S. ATT&T Sucks Balls......that is all.

I lived in San Antonio, but I'm sure it's no different :/ You could try Time Warner, they're a -bit- better. You could also try Verizon. Those are the only two I remember besides ATT. When I had Time Warner, they were a bitch to deal with, and their customer service sucks. But the internet was okay, I guess. No one else served the small square in SAT that I lived in.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately phone and cable companies are monopolized per area.. only way to change it is to either get enough support throughout the state to change providers or move.. otherwise you just have to fight with them until they get so sick and tired of hearing from you that they fix your problem.. I've had to play that game with Charter and Comcast Cable..

Charter I had to actually threaten to involve the FCC before they fixed the way I was routed outside of their network.. essentially i was routed from southern oregon to New jersey where I connected to a bad AT&T hop..

Comcast was significantly more willing to work with me and most of my problems with them were simply just related to overcrowding and ultimately a defective modem.. apparently it was cheaper for them to re-wire my entire house than it was to replace the modem though..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

lol i wish oh i wish i could just get cable period my internet gameing revolves around the sheer luck i have 4g way the fuck out in bum fuck nowhere wisconsin, tethered to my computer.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have comcast in the area? I know a lot of people bitch and moan about them, but they've done me pretty well so far.

30MB net, phone, HD preferred package with HBO, Starz, and encore for 90 bucks a month isnt bad

god i can't echo this same sentiment enough. i HATE at&t. i've had them for a while and thought they were better than charter (which is a whole nother story of shittiness) but after some time the quality started dropping horribly. constant spikes in performance, and its as though because i didnt complain, they thought we can cheat this guy out of some more money, and the quality plummeted to unusable. i eventually did complain, they did some stuff like giving me a new adapter, or "checking the cables outside", and everytime they do something like that, the quality becomes decent for maybe a week. but later, the problems WILL return. i'm currently in email contact with tech support and i now bug them EVERY SINGLE TIME i have a connection issue.

as paranoid as it sounds, i really do believe they have some control over the quality of your service and will purposely give you less service if they believe you aren't tech savvy enough or angry enough to take the effort to file a complaint. but once i did, a DRASTIC improvement....though i still want a provider that i can rely on and not have to have a power struggle with..