Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Turrets do too little damage

I mean what the hell? Sometimes I wonder if I should even consider a turret to exist past level 3 or so. In late game they just hit like wet noodles.

I find it hilarious that teams sometimes stick to a turret when a team fight is about to engage, that little bit of damage is not going to save you.

I think "past level 3" is a bit of an exaggeration, but I agree that, late game, it does not feel like a turret contributes significantly to teamfight damage, though it does of course give some advantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I think "past level 3" is a bit of an exaggeration, but I agree that, late game, it does not feel like a turret contributes significantly to teamfight damage, though it does of course give some advantage.
    Yeah but I like to do that. :P
    Anyways, I think they should crank up the damage into late game.

Towers aren't supposed to be a threat all game. If they scaled into late game the only viable strategy would be to pick champs that can zerg towers early, otherwise they'd be too powerful and you could never win the game. The towers are fine.

Sure, late game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Yeah but I like to do that. :P
    Anyways, I think they should crank up the damage into late game.
    Yep sir, the last 2 turrets near the nexus should have 10 times more hp and dmg, i find it soo hard to enjoy the game past lvl 15, when i finally get an item i worked the entire game for it, i just can't enjoy it because the nexus dies too fast.

If anything, towers in League do too much damage.

Don't even think of diving unless you have at least 3 people and it is 15 minutes or later into the game, because the towers hit like absolute trucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocken View Post
    If anything, towers in League do too much damage.

Don't even think of diving unless you have at least 3 people and it is 15 minutes or later into the game, because the towers hit like absolute trucks.
    No...just no. They don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to DotA... in LoL the tower protects you. In DotA you protect the tower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Compared to DotA... in LoL the tower protects you. In DotA you protect the tower.
    I didn't play DotA ever. But why would you compare. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Similar game, similar concept, different way of going about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need it to do more damage late game you already have another problem. That means your losing the champ game and need the turret for heavy backup.

Deleted
    Strong towers lategame = forever towerhug, will drag on endlessly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Strong towers lategame = forever towerhug, will drag on endlessly.
    Well I am not asking for turret shots to be made into nuclear blasts. Just some more damage.

Deleted
    I agree, also, even at level 8 (in game) I'm sick of getting charged under the turret by any bruisers with any bonus health.
    The towers are meant to be effective in the early stages of the game, and the only way I don't die under them is by kiting the guy diving me under them like a madman.

I have so many examples recorded on my LoLreplay, it's just frustrating as hell. It never used to be like this really, only since bruisers started frustratingly wrecking the game.

I think the Turrets should ramp up there dmg faster in late game, that way you won't just ignore them. Currently they do more dmg the longer they hit a champion, make the dmg increase faster or have it ignore armor. Part from that, it is fine^^
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    Turrets are way too strong in LoL in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisynn View Post
    I agree, also, even at level 8 (in game) I'm sick of getting charged under the turret by any bruisers with any bonus health.
    The towers are meant to be effective in the early stages of the game, and the only way I don't die under them is by kiting the guy diving me under them like a madman.

I have so many examples recorded on my LoLreplay, it's just frustrating as hell. It never used to be like this really, only since bruisers started frustratingly wrecking the game.
    Well first of all they are not meant to be good all game. They are meant to keep the game into lanes, if towers were any stronger than they are atm the laning phase would just be boring. Seeing tower dives coming in advance lets you survive from them. Towers are not there to protect you from anything. If it comes to the point where you are being towerdived a lot chances are you are just being outplayed.

If towers were to hit any harder than they are atm the games would never end, teams would never be able to capitalize on misstakes and sloppy plays would be encouraged.

If you are being tower dived by a bruiser it means you are either at top lane, so you should be a bruiser yourself. Or you are getting ganked, which could be warded and seen in advance. So many times I see people just staying under tower with 20% health and getting nothing done in lane, just recall and come back with full health.

Yes, towers in LoL hit way harder than those in DotA 2, but remember that the ones in DotA 2 also have a much larger range and they shoot really fast.

Besides, towers are really just there as early-game protection so you don't get your balls handed to you by champions that are strong early-game.

Deleted
    @Trollspwn I assume you've never played an AD carry bottom lane and been dived under a tower with full health by a tank/bruiser and their AD carry, and they just run off scott free?
    And I mean early game, not mid-late.
    Last edited by mmoc647fe4b30a; 2012-06-10 at 12:25 PM.