Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    My sis and I were able to power through the levels because we would just grind everything. In one day we knocked out like 4 zones fully. However, my brother-in-law was about level 28 or so when we wanted to move to dungeon grinding.

XP boosters.

They add up. It took only a few hours to rocket him to level 30.

I suspect the low mob xp per kill will likely always be tied to the fact they have a cash shop that sells xp boosters. Doubt I will be proven wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    My sis and I were able to power through the levels because we would just grind everything. In one day we knocked out like 4 zones fully. However, my brother-in-law was about level 28 or so when we wanted to move to dungeon grinding.

XP boosters.

They add up. It took only a few hours to rocket him to level 30.

I suspect the low mob xp per kill will likely always be tied to the fact they have a cash shop that sells xp boosters. Doubt I will be proven wrong.
    Nah I was thinking same thing, but you get people like me who get joy out of just roaming the map killing things and exploring who will never buy xp boosters. On the other hand you get people like the OP who will likely buy them religiously due to being a lame power leveler ..

PS: you get more exp if you have a blood lust and chain together kill at one point in Ascalon I was getting +40 bonus exp per kill
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

PS: you get more exp if you have a blood lust and chain together kill at one point in Ascalon I was getting +40 bonus exp per kill
    Yea, the killstreaks. Only use those boosters when the DE is long and ongoing. Such as the crossroads when it gets overrun or the centaur area in Gendarran.

Just a little bit of clarification; We did roam around zones & all cities. The act of getting all the hearts, waypoints, POIs and such naturally takes you everywhere & brings players to DEs. We cleared them, natch. XP is simply set low currently.

Zero PVP, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, the killstreaks. Only use those boosters when the DE is long and ongoing. Such as the crossroads when it gets overrun or the centaur area in Gendarran.

Just a little bit of clarification; We did roam around zones & all cities. The act of getting all the hearts, waypoints, POIs and such naturally takes you everywhere & brings players to DEs. We cleared them, natch. XP is simply set low currently.

Zero PVP, of course.
    Whaaaat?! Fencers not doin pvp?!? Wouldve never imagined lol! And I didn't have any boosters I'm talking about the built in bonus thing, every I think 5 or so mobs you kill gives you some bonus exp on the next one, within rapid succession of course.

They DO have a booster that uses the same system though except its the duration of the boost instead of the exp bein gained. From what I've noticed as long a you continued to engage in combat the exp bonus wouldn't drop (normal one not booster) where the booster drops off at 30seconds of no kill
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Whaaaat?! Fencers not doin pvp?!? Wouldve never imagined lol! And I didn't have any boosters I'm talking about the built in bonus thing, every I think 5 or so mobs you kill gives you some bonus exp on the next one, within rapid succession of course.
    Oh that. Yah, whatever. Boosters are the thing becasue they run along side any bonuses you are getting anyway.

They DO have a booster that uses the same system though except its the duration of the boost instead of the exp bein gained. From what I've noticed as long a you continued to engage in combat the exp bonus wouldn't drop (normal one not booster) where the booster drops off at 30seconds of no kill
    That is how it works; killstreak xp booster... or something like that. With everything stacked up, very good XP/hour. Didn't even have to actually land the killing blow. In a big DE any AE based build with those boosters simply tagging tons of mobs will do more than fine.

Those boosters are part of the DD/T I believe.

its probably not besides the fact that fully completing map rewards give you horrible xp rewards and loot that is not relevant to your class right? making it not worth it to do maps 100%? and low xp per kill is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by walu View Post
    its probably not besides the fact that fully completing map rewards give you horrible xp rewards and loot that is not relevant to your class right? making it not worth it to do maps 100%? and low xp per kill is annoying.
    A fully completed map gives you a decent amount of money. Plus, the items not relevant to your class can simply be sold in the trading post. The EXP isn't amazing (besides cities, which gives exactly 10% EXP regardless of level and does not take long) but it's better than just getting an achievement and a title.
    If you're going to do 15 hearts anyways, may as well get the free extra bar of EXP by doing them all in the same zone.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-06-12 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    God people are so picky... How about, you complete the maps for fun? And you get low exp per kill at first but remember the more you kill mobs the more exp they award, I went from getting 11 or so exp per kill in a 1-15 zone to getting 65 exp per kill just because I have a bit of a blood lust

10+ Year Old Account
    It was actually very relevant to my class, and I got decent exp from it. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Good thing about gw2 is you dont realy need to lvl up .

Most of the good loot I got was from map rewards, personal story and auction house. Drops from mobs were crap for the most part. Even the dungeon chests were blue/green garbage not exactly awesome for level 35s.

^ pretty good stuff, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Good thing about gw2 is you dont realy need to lvl up .
    Erm... what? 0_O

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    'Sideways movement should never be required'? So like, when you do that level 12 DE, and 2ft to the side there is a 12 heart, that heart should not exist due to the fact that it's the same level as the last quest you did and that would be sideways movement? A solid argument, my friend!

Considering GW2 is not an endgame focused MMO, and they don't intend for you to be rushing to max level.. I fail to see the issue. They likely expect you to.. you know.. ENJOY the DEs you're being 'forced' to do, not thinking "Crap. They aren't leveling fast enough. Wut do.'
    It should exist as an option. It should not be borderline forced upon you. There is a huge difference between these two.

Regardless, the experience issue has been noted by many, and as has been pointed out on official forums is apparently metered to be balanced when using exp boosters (B2W raising its ugly head yet again). When using those, you will find your own race's zones to be enough. Without them, you are forced to grind. Personally I found that just finding a quickly doable, quickly repeatable preferably not chained DE was the best way to quickly grind experience.

Notably another quick way to zerg level was to buy gems, sell them for money and buy cooking ingredients. Someone boasted to have gotten 15 levels just from this on official forums (15>30).
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-06-12 at 06:35 PM.

Most of the good loot I got was from map rewards, personal story and auction house. Drops from mobs were crap for the most part. Even the dungeon chests were blue/green garbage not exactly awesome for level 35s.

^ pretty good stuff, IMO.

Erm... what? 0_O
    Most ppl will buy gw2 for the pvp part and since you get lvl 80 when you pvp i see no point in lvling tbh

Most ppl will buy gw2 for the pvp part and since you get lvl 80 when you pvp i see no point in lvling tbh
    Very doubtful. PVP remains, even in PVP centric games, a minority.

http://gw2census.com/charts.php?pie=...ivide=pvporpve

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to remember that your story stops (at least mine did) well before you hit lvl 21, so we aren't even sure where the breadcrumbs will lead us. Could be another races zone, could be a new zone. What I did was complete hearts in other zones. I had to complete all of the zones (maybe minus 3-4 hearts) before lvl 30 for the zone they unlocked in BWE2.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You have to remember that your story stops (at least mine did) well before you hit lvl 21, so we aren't even sure where the breadcrumbs will lead us. Could be another races zone, could be a new zone. What I did was complete hearts in other zones. I had to complete all of the zones (maybe minus 3-4 hearts) before lvl 30 for the zone they unlocked in BWE2.
    You stay in your races leveling zones until 30-40, then the racial stories merge and you go to LA.. judging by achievement progression.