Thread: DayZ question

DayZ question

So I just found out about the game DayZ and I was just wondering what exactly I need to play it. I know that DayZ is a mod to ArmA II but there are a lot of ArmA's on steam, ArmA II, ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, and ArmA II: Combined Operations. What are the bare requirements I need to play DayZ I don't want any ArmA II expansions if I don't need them. Any help is much appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Video Games Discussion

Please check the forum before posting next time. This obviously has nothing to do with World of Warcraft

Deleted
    you need ArmA II and ArmA II: Combined Operations to play DayZ

Dosen't ArmA II: Combined Operations come with ArmA II?

Be warned though - this is a not a normal first person shooter. You need to work as a group with others. If you go solo will die a lot, both from zombies and other players. You can also die from one shot, this is far closer to a simulator than an arcade game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Be warned though - this is a not a normal first person shooter. You need to work as a group with others. If you go solo will die a lot, both from zombies and other players. You can also die from one shot, this is far closer to a simulator than an arcade game.
    Now I'm interested. What's the name? ArmA doesn't seem to pull anything up...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Its made by same developers that created Operation Flashpoint (not that Dragon Rising crap).

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Searching for ArmA II will bring stuff up.

http://www.amazon.com/Meridian4-4036...&keywords=arma

It's on steam ArmA II that is, DayZ is a mod for ArmA that makes it have zombies and stuff, that can be found here http://dayzmod.com/ btw sorry for putting this in the wrong category, I just woke up and was still half asleep lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy both games you need for $30 on steam - http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4638/
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Its becoming more and more popular so the PvP killings are bound to increase. Tbh Its extremely risky to trust any randoms you come in contact with. Will you trust them and get shot for your kindness or will you kill them before they get the chance?