Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    The color isnt fine, it looks like mud. It needs to get a detailed grey stone color along with some sparks.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 11:12 AM ----------

Funny, all of our shouts and thunderclap is considered magic. People like you are the exact reason why Warriors are soo dull. Warriors do not have to be dull, but they are because the mind set of people like you.
    It's the flavor of the class. We don't need all that fancy shit to kill things. We need a weapon and our fists - Not some fantastical "ooooo look at me and my stuff" animations.

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Though you're a bit direct, I agreed with this. Warriors shouldn't be left behind because of some lame excuse.
    See above comment.

I did not play a warrior for flashy animations. I played a warrior because they are strong of arm, and need no help from magic to do anything - unlike any other class in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    So I heard the first implementation is representative of it's final version
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    It's the flavor of the class. We don't need all that fancy shit to kill things. We need a weapon and our fists - Not some fantastical "ooooo look at me and my stuff" animations.

See above comment.

I did not play a warrior for flashy animations. I played a warrior because they are strong of arm, and need no help from magic to do anything - unlike any other class in this game.
    Quit with the role play garbage seriously, thats literally the most poor excuse. Have you seen diablo 3 at all ? Barbarians are the exact same as warriors but they have far more effort put into the animations and visual effect.

Quit with the role play garbage seriously, thats literally the most poor excuse. Have you seen diablo 3 at all ? Barbarians are the exact same as warriors but they have far more effort put into the animations and visual effect.
    Yes, but that particular barbarian is a nephalem - a mortal who's a half demon/half angel. Of course they're going to have bad-ass powers.

And "quit with the role play garbage?" You do know that this game is still a MMORPG, yes?

Yes, but that particular barbarian is a nephalem - a mortal who's a half demon/half angel. Of course they're going to have bad-ass powers.

And "quit with the role play garbage?" You do know that this game is still a MMORPG, yes?
    Are we currently in game playing World of Warcraft or are we on a FORUM about the game ?

Also its never said anywhere, that Warriors cannot use magic, not even in Blizzards discription.

If you want to get all "RPG", heres a list proving what i say. http://www.wowwiki.com/Warrior Scroll down and view the list of Warriors lore wise, and even in game. They have Magic abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, beta is beta u guys.
    I'd love to see Avatar become something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xDGo8y443Q (forward to 0.16).
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Hmm, beta is beta u guys.
    I'd love to see Avatar become something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xDGo8y443Q (forward to 0.16).
    Exactly what everyone else is trying to say, we want it to look good, and is sort of subtle, but still has a nice visual effect.. People think where trying to ask for like a freaking giant BC colossus form, no we are just asking for something that actually had effort put into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Know what we need? The barbarian's transform model, or something close to it.

Are we currently in game playing World of Warcraft or are we on a FORUM about the game ?

Also its never said anywhere, that Warriors cannot use magic, not even in Blizzards discription.

If you want to get all "RPG", heres a list proving what i say. http://www.wowwiki.com/Warrior Scroll down and view the list of Warriors lore wise, and even in game. They have Magic abilities.
    1. Don't use Wowwiki. Everything that's of worth has been moved to Wowpedia, which is more stable, has better everything, and is run by Curse.

Horde
    Kargath Bladefist - Demon-corrupted
    Lor'themar Theron - Spell breaker
    Cairne Bloodhoof - Regular warrior
    Baine Bloodhoof - Regular warrior
    Broxigar the Red - Magical axe, badass-est orc of all time
    Varok Saurfang - King of Cleaves, etc
    Orgrim Doomhammer - Regular warrior (Warchief)
    Durotan - Regular warrior (Thrall's father, Frostwolf chieftain)
    Grom Hellscream - Demon corrupted
    Garrosh Hellscream - Regular warrior
    Dranosh Saurfang - Son of Varok, regular warrior
    All of these are either straight up warriors, or demon-corrupted (Grom, Kargath). Lor'themar is a spell-breaker - He has different abilities.

Alliance
    Sir Anduin Lothar - Best warrior in Alliance history
    Danath Trollbane - Regular warrior
    King Varian Wrynn - Regular warrior
    Daelin Proudmoore - paladin/hydromancer
    Muradin Bronzebeard - Mountain king
    Kurdran Wildhammer - Gryphon rider, Stormhammer
    Marshal Reginald Windsor - Regular warrior
    Thargas Anvilmar - Regular warrior
    Daelin Proudmoore is listed as a paladin/hydromancer, Muradin is a Mountain King, and Kurdran is a gryphon rider, as well a wields a stormhammer.

No magical abilities for any of the true warriors.

I agree. I don't like Avatar, and I don't like Avatar. Oh, yeah, and the warrior move Avatar is also a bit lackluster in looks...

What should happen is using Avatar makes you into a rainbow sparkle-unicorn that has a hug animation for all attacks and gives out motivational phrases like: "it's trying your best that counts" and "Love and hugs conquer all bosses"

1. Don't use Wowwiki. Everything that's of worth has been moved to Wowpedia, which is more stable, has better everything, and is run by Curse.

All of these are either straight up warriors, or demon-corrupted (Grom, Kargath). Lor'themar is a spell-breaker - He has different abilities.

Daelin Proudmoore is listed as a paladin/hydromancer, Muradin is a Mountain King, and Kurdran is a gryphon rider, as well a wields a stormhammer.

No magical abilities for any of the true warriors.
    Hahaha! Dude youre just in complete denial at this point, im done arguing with you because you just want to that your definition of a "Warrior" is the true definition and it isnt. Do you realize that Thunderclap used to be nature damage ? Hahaha Oh wait you clearly havent been playing the game that long, nor do you have the extent of knowledge that you think you have.
    Last edited by Punctured; 2012-06-17 at 12:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    color is fine, i just want to hear FOR KAZH MODAN when i activate it and it should also make you bigger and kinda sharper to look like stone made guy i would looove that
    /cast Avatar
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\Dwarf\\DwarfVocalMale\\DwarfMaleCharge02.ogg")

There you go. I believe this will be the closest you can get, the macro should play "FOR KHAZ MODAN!" sound file whenever you use the ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    What should happen is using Avatar makes you into a rainbow sparkle-unicorn that has a hug animation for all attacks and gives out motivational phrases like: "it's trying your best that counts" and "Love and hugs conquer all bosses"
    WIN WIN WIN !!!!1111!!!!one!!!!111eleven!!!

Hahaha! Dude youre just in complete denial at this point, im done arguing with you because you just want to that your definition of a "Warrior" is the true definition and it isnt. Do you realize that Thunderclap used to be nature damage ? Hahaha Oh wait you clearly havent been playing the game that long, nor do you have the extend of knowledge that you think you have.
    Before you leave, do notice that you're doing the exact same thing I am.

I obviously do have the knowledge think I do, if I can tell what a true warrior is, and what isn't one. Demon corruption gives the beings new powers, spell-breaker is a different class entirely, as are the others. And it shouldn't matter whether or not I've been playing for the 7 years I have been, I obviously know what the difference between a real warrior and a fake one is.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    color is fine, i just want to hear FOR KAZH MODAN when i activate it and it should also make you bigger and kinda sharper to look like stone made guy i would looove that
    Dwarves only c:

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    I agree. I don't like Avatar, and I don't like Avatar. Oh, yeah, and the warrior move Avatar is also a bit lackluster in looks...
    It's a bit funny how your comment kinda matches your "Avatar". It's something Matt Engarde would say (post-secret, of course)

... Damnit, you made me wanna play Phoenix Wright again
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Before you leave, do notice that you're doing the exact same thing I am.

I obviously do have the knowledge think I do, if I can tell what a true warrior is, and what isn't one. Demon corruption gives the beings new powers, spell-breaker is a different class entirely, as are the others. And it shouldn't matter whether or not I've been playing for the 7 years I have been, I obviously know what the difference between a real warrior and a fake one is.
    No, i never said Warriors have to have a definition. Thats the difference between you and i, you have a set view thats unchangable. If you truely think that, i will personally ask a Dev about Warriors using magic. Ill even ask for a list of Warriors that have used magic lore wise and NPC game wise.

Deleted
    Well by definition a ''Warrior'' is simply someone who participates in wars and combats. Now weather he uses magic or not, it has absolutely nothing to do whit this basic definition.

Other classes are excluded from this definition as they don't ''necessary'' participate in combats and wars. Mages for e.g. can spend their time studying magic rather than fighting, same for the Warlock. Hunters spends their time hunting stuff and taming beasts, don't necessary participate in wars. Rogues steal stuff and make a living out of it, etc...

But Warriors necessary participates in wars and combats, because by definition it simply means an armed person that takes part in a war combat, and that person can damn well use magic if he knows how.
    Agreed most Warriors don't use magic because most Warriors a mere soldiers, but that is absolutely not a necessity to be a Warrior.

No, i never said Warriors have to have a definition. Thats the difference between you and i, you have a set view thats unchangable. If you truely think that, i will personally ask a Dev about Warriors using magic. Ill even ask for a list of Warriors that have used magic lore wise and NPC game wise.
    Warrior's don't use magic though. They either don't have the ability or they aren't trained in it.

Warriors form the brunt of an army. They're the ones who defend their homes and families. They're the ones on the frontlines, those who stand tall over their enemies with sword and shield (or other assorted weapons) in hand, bloody and broken from the conflict. Warriors, by definition, don't use magic. The extent of their magical abilities is a magical weapon/armor, or their ability to inspire fear in their opponents or valor in their allies.

Deleted
    No what you're describing there is a Soldier, not necessary a Warrior.