Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo 3 and gold spammers.

So I'm sure you've all seen these gold spammers, and how annoying they can get, anywhere from spamming trade/general with walls and walls of spam constantly blocking out all trade / general messages that aren't spam, to spam friend requesting you and personally messaging you with walls and walls of text.

I'm sure a lot of you are atleast the slightest bit annoyed by them and I'm just wondering what you guys think Blizzard will do to stop this.

My guess is they are going to add a 2 message limit to each of the chats within X amount of time like they did with WoW. Or maybe add a feature to the game itself giving you the opportunity to filter messages with 'X, Y, &Z' phrases.

TL;DR: Gold spammers annoying, how Blizz gunna fix?

There are literally MANY threads about bots and Diablo 3... nonetheless, noone can ever know what Blizzard can/will do, everything else is an assumption!

Just make sure to report them as spammers when you do get a message.

They should make it an option to only receive whispers from people in your friend list (if it's not one already), I played for a few hours yesterday, and got pretty much spammed in whispers by them...
    KAPOW!

10+ Year Old Account
    It gets pretty annoying for me because some nights it seems like the spammers are trying to out spam each other.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't see them doing anything about it =/

Deleted
    Although I have started playing D3 only last week it seemed to me that after a few days I had been reporting more goldspammers than I had killed mobs...
    Being terribly annoyed by their continuous spams I finally decided to disable general chat.
    Nevertheless I believe there is a solution to this problem and Blizzard, in my point of view, has the key.
    Having read that Blizzard enabled goldtrade on RMAH is the first step to succes, next thing Blizzard should consider is to keep prices for gold at an absolute minimum rate and thus taking away the reason of existence from those goldsellers.
    If these people see that they can only earn next to nothing from D3 I am pretty sure they will dissapear.

Next to this the possibility that people who are willing to buy gold for whatever reason can rest assured that the option to buy gold in-game directly from Blizzard will always be the safest way to avoid hacked accounts, creditcard fraude and other issues which are known to have happened before when buying from strangers.

on a somewhat related topic

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/34...ouse-abuse.htm

a Diablo 3 gold farmer who simultaneously runs 100 Diablo 3 accounts and amasses 60 million gold an hour between them. What's most telling is that the gold farmer actually contacted Mr. Eikenberry to do the interview, hoping to shed light on the issue of game exploits so that Blizzard would hopefully fix them and slow the rate of gold flooding the market. You know there's a problem when even the farmers are concerned that it's just a little too easy to farm.

The gold spammers have apparently easy access to supply, I'm curious what the market for buying is like however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The gold spammers have apparently easy access to supply, I'm curious what the market for buying is like however.
    You mean for a gamer? Looks extremely simple to me. When gold came available on the RMAH I tarted checking and after a crunching a few numbers, I realize that the gold that I could buy from the spammers is so cheap, compared to the RMAH, that I were to buy from them and sell on RMAH, I could make a descent profit

The example I used was I could buy e.g. 10mil from a site for something like 13€ and on the RMAH the price would be much higher. Even after the Blizzard fees I would be left with ~5€ profit. Assuming ofc that it sold but from what I've heard, a lot of people have managed to sell on the RMAH, and since the sites sell more for less if you buy larger quantity, you could make a nice profit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    You mean for a gamer? Looks extremely simple to me. When gold came available on the RMAH I tarted checking and after a crunching a few numbers, I realize that the gold that I could buy from the spammers is so cheap, compared to the RMAH, that I were to buy from them and sell on RMAH, I could make a descent profit

The example I used was I could buy e.g. 10mil from a site for something like 13€ and on the RMAH the price would be much higher. Even after the Blizzard fees I would be left with ~5€ profit. Assuming ofc that it sold but from what I've heard, a lot of people have managed to sell on the RMAH, and since the sites sell more for less if you buy larger quantity, you could make a nice profit from it.
    I wasn't specifically thinking from the gamers perspective but that's good to know. I was wondering what the 3rd parties were doing in terms of business. I guess if they keep posting they're making some kind of money..

Deleted
    I wasn't specifically thinking from the gamers perspective but that's good to know. I was wondering what the 3rd parties were doing in terms of business. I guess if they keep posting they're making some kind of money..
    Well I can't speak for specific parties but the industry itself is worth millions. It spans a dozen games, if not more, there are always people (a lot of them) who buy gold, and their number is probably going to increase now that Blizzard is setting such a nice example with their RMAH. The way it works is that you have companies, who do the actual gold selling, and who in turn buy the supply from various parties around the world. Everybody gets a cut and it's pretty lucrative.

Markeedragon actually has a couple of really interesting videos on his youtube channel. One is the famous interview with the botter, but another is with a guy who works for the gold selling companies and his perspective on the business is very enlightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Well I can't speak for specific parties but the industry itself is worth millions. It spans a dozen games, if not more, there are always people (a lot of them) who buy gold, and their number is probably going to increase now that Blizzard is setting such a nice example with their RMAH. The way it works is that you have companies, who do the actual gold selling, and who in turn buy the supply from various parties around the world. Everybody gets a cut and it's pretty lucrative.

Markeedragon actually has a couple of really interesting videos on his youtube channel. One is the famous interview with the botter, but another is with a guy who works for the gold selling companies and his perspective on the business is very enlightening.
    The mark up must be extremely vast to encourage users to still use 3rd party websites and traders...

Deleted
    The mark up must be extremely vast to encourage users to still use 3rd party websites and traders...
    Well I'm sure the absolutely nonstop advertisement and having literally many millions of players, and isn't only restricted to selling in-game currency. Literally every site I visited also hosted a power leveling service and several were also selling in-game items. Not sure how successful that is in D3 but I'm sure it's a riot in MMOs, like WoW for example.

I don't see blizzard doing anything about it. personally i see diablo 3 going downhill at a fast rate and it will be even faster once the pvp part of it is released i had high hopes*not super high* but your basic hope for a good game and now its nerf this nerf that.
    blizzard needs to do a lot of things and they have yet to do it.
    the number 1 thing they need to do is stop treating d3 like wow.

due to things like like the gold seller spaming and tons of other things i have done removed d3 and don't see me returning anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by okazan View Post
    My guess is they are going to add a 2 message limit to each of the chats within X amount of time like they did with WoW. Or maybe add a feature to the game itself giving you the opportunity to filter messages with 'X, Y, &Z' phrases.
    The real question isn't what they are going to do, but rather why didn't they do it from the start. They already have ways of dealing with spam in WoW. At the least you would think that there would have been a message limit. You not only have spammers spamming general, but it's too the point where sometimes you can't even scroll up to report them/ignore them.

Deleted
    So I'm sure you've all seen these gold spammers, and how annoying they can get ...
    Aaaah, the joy of offli ... online mode.

Thank Blizzard for this .

Not sure how I've managed it, but I don't believe I've seen any of these gold spammers. I generally leave General connected since I've had no reason to close it as-of-yet.

I bought my GF a Diablo3 account yesterday (digital copy) and it said she was not allowed to join General until the account had been confirmed and paid for. So how are the gold spammers advertising? Do they pay for the advertising accounts with fraudulent credit cards and take the ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    D2 had spam bots its only fair D3 should have them too
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, for as bad as the item spammers are in Diablo 2, you can still carry on conversations and trade items thank to it being a proper game lobby.

What did Blizzard expect when they decided to go with the WoW chat interface? It just takes one or two spammers to make chat a nightmare so I can only imagine if there were more.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm sure you've all seen these gold spammers, and how annoying they can get, anywhere from spamming trade/general with walls and walls of spam constantly blocking out all trade / general messages that aren't spam, to spam friend requesting you and personally messaging you with walls and walls of text.

I'm sure a lot of you are atleast the slightest bit annoyed by them and I'm just wondering what you guys think Blizzard will do to stop this.

TL;DR: Gold spammers annoying, how Blizz gunna fix?
    gold spam? what gold spam, are we playing the same game? never seen any gold spam in this game... but i left general chat on day1 ^^