Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Teleport/Fire Chains

You've got a minimum of 2 elites chasing you. One of them teleports to the other side of you, the fire chain relinks and it's instant decapitation.

What do?

go multiplayer and hope e teleports to the other guy?:P
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Get resists/armor/hp and not get instantly decapitated.

/thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Get resists/armor/hp and not get instantly decapitated.

/thread.
    Not gonna happen with DH

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    Not gonna happen with DH
    There are plenty DH's that have got ~40k hp and ~400 resists along with ~ 30-40k dps. And they manage not to get oneshot.

Deleted
    There are plenty DH's that have got ~40k hp and ~400 resists along with ~ 30-40k dps. And they manage not to get oneshot.
    And what do they gain from it exactly? rather than 1 shot they get 2 shot? I'd rather go full glass cannon mode with extreme dps and nuke them down

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it more interesting fire chains teleport waller and reflect damage.

And what do they gain from it exactly? rather than 1 shot they get 2 shot? I'd rather go full glass cannon mode with extreme dps and nuke them down
    Yeah, the difference between getting one-shot and getting two-shot is tremendous.
    If you rather struggle on reflect mobs and get oneshottted on those firechain+teleporters don't whine then.

Deleted
    Yeah, the difference between getting one-shot and getting two-shot is tremendous.
    If you rather struggle on reflect mobs and get oneshottted on those firechain+teleporters don't whine then.
    I'm not DH has smoke screen and that's the ability you should use vs those oshit moments, thats the only survival i need and along with tons of dps to burst down the pack rather than taking my chances with a setup which will maybe will save me from 1 shot and do not so high dps

Deleted
    If you're playing glass cannon, there is very little to do, except hit and escape button or other defensive CD and try get away. On my demon hunter, it would obviously be smoke screen and, when you basically get instagibbed by almost anything, you really need to be quick with your SS. It is literally a matter of microseconds and is the same in other situations as well, like vortex, and so on. But if you can manage to get away, slow them, and try tunneling them into a narrow choke point that you can then continue to trap and nuke.

The most infuriating fire chain mobs are the ones with also fast and mortar because it is so difficult to keep your distance to them. Ofc shielding and reflected damage are also but those are an issue all on their lonesome

I'm not DH has smoke screen and that's the ability you should use vs those oshit moments, thats the only survival i need and along with tons of dps to burst down the pack rather than taking my chances with a setup which will maybe will save me from 1 shot and do not so high dps
    I'm sure you always dodge those huntress' leaps, burrower leaps, spearmen spears and soul lasher tongues that strike you when you least expect it. Or opressor / corrupted angel charges.

Deleted
    I'm sure you always dodge those huntress' leaps, burrower leaps, spearmen spears and soul lasher tongues that strike you when you least expect it. Or opressor / corrupted angel charges.
    I've learned my ways how to dodge them and hit smoke on the right time, however that design is blizz faults by giving unexpected instant one shot abilities

400 resists isnt really enough to stop you getting decapitated instantly after act 3, to be honest, good use of smoke screen is though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stacking defensive abilities as a ranged class is tactical suicide at the moment, which is why they're fiddling around with it in 1.03. In 1.03, since the damage will be lowered a bit it will/might be worth it to stack some defense as ranged class.

Had worse than that...Im a DH, and I get 1 shotted by any champ/elite...
    herpaderpa run out of it, shield etc

I've learned my ways how to dodge them and hit smoke on the right time, however that design is blizz faults by giving unexpected instant one shot abilities
    No, it's not blizzard's fault. It's the player's fault, as in building purely glass cannon. The game is designed around gear grind, and going all-out dps is the easy/ fast way to go, but it isn't as effective as balancing your stats around.
    And in order to balance them around you need good gear=> a lot of gold, which is why people skip that.

Deleted
    No, it's not blizzard's fault. It's the player's fault, as in building purely glass cannon. The game is designed around gear grind, and going all-out dps is the easy/ fast way to go, but it isn't as effective as balancing your stats around.
    And in order to balance them around you need good gear=> a lot of gold, which is why people skip that.
    I'd say it is arguably Blizzard's fault. It's not like you can categorize glass cannon as an exploit or cheesy per say. Demon hunters in particularly was designed as a kiter and dodging class. Now perhaps it wasn't intended that player's would ignore all defensive stats and go all out damage but that doesn't make it an invalid strategy. It has simply gotten a bad rep because people exaggerate how effective it is has become the FOTM. However, to really play it well, you do need plenty of practice and skill with it.

So yes, designed the way it is, and the AH being overcrowded by cheap gear for just that purpose, it is essentially Blizzard's game and they are ultimate accountable for it. Might sound harsh but that's just the way it is.

It's their fault for creating difficulty that is solely about ridiculous scaling and tuning and not actual learning or getting better as a player.

When the damage is applied at the same time their animation begins, its a problem. They are technically landing there .1-.3 ms before you actually see them, its instant death because you were standing in it.

This isnt my video but explains the biggest problem currently in diablo 3.

http://youtu.be/PN8x64c6gsI?hd=1

I consider it game breaking, because it defies what an arpg is. This isnt wow, were supposed to be able to use skill to avoid damage.

Deleted
    Wow, again a non-melee player ( AKA DH ) whining here in this thread about his "glass-canon" not beeing able to 1 shot stuff, but get's 1 shot himself. Roll a f*cking melee and you will know what pain feels like.