Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    according to the site:
    So basically made up? Buddy, i'm not trying to troll you. The site is still fun...hell I spent a good 15 minutes looking around there. If I am to take it seriously I am a very disturbed person. To me it read more like horoscopes. Vague enough to apply in most situations with only a moderately tenuous connection.

Dreams are just random firings in your brain. Sometimes they seem like the represent what's going on in your life. For instance I am about to start piano lessons provided by my mother on her out of tune piano. She has needed to get it tuned for a while, so I dreamed she did but after it was tuned it just completely stopped working. I was bummed out by this. This dream happened because I was thinking about it before I went to sleep.

Sometimes, though, the dreams don't represent ANYTHING that happens in my day.

My wife told me about her dream the other night. She said there was a really beautiful butterfly. It landed on a pile of garbage, and so my wife said she grabbed a bottle of Lysol (chemical cleaner) and sprayed the butterfly, not to clean it, but to kill it. >.< I told her not to worry about it.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I've had dreams completely from the third person perspective. I've also had dreams with nothing but people's feet in them.

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
    have a cigar, you're gonna go far.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Dreams are dreams, they are formatted and created from subconscious events throughout the previous days (2-6) prior to the dream; also fueling from strong emotions or life events.

They are; in essence, stitched together from your previous week and emotions, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the answers. Especially Noctim. You made alot of sense and made me think about it more logically rather than emotionally.
    Think I'll give the girl a call tomorrow and ask her out for a cup of coffee.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a dream that a Xenomorph was trying to get me pregnant with butt sex and there was another Xenomorph narrating the event... Now THAT is a weird dream. Yours is normal!

But the answer is that you are too emotionally attached to this woman that you can't have and your wishing there was a way to change that. Easiest solution is to grow up and get over it. Just find a pretty girl that you can be yourself around and live happily ever after. Or plan B is just forget love and make all the money you possibly can.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You crazy, you a straight crazy mother fucker

Elysia's epic sig skillz

Quote Originally Posted by Takanami View Post
    I had a dream that a Xenomorph was trying to get me pregnant with butt sex and there was another Xenomorph narrating the event... Now THAT is a weird dream. Yours is normal!

But the answer is that you are too emotionally attached to this woman that you can't have and your wishing there was a way to change that. Easiest solution is to grow up and get over it. Just find a pretty girl that you can be yourself around and live happily ever after. Or plan B is just forget love and make all the money you possibly can.
    did he narrate in English or in the more common slobbery growl of Xenomorphs?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Sounds like it's about your frustration that someone else is bangin' the chick you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    did he narrate in English or in the more common slobbery growl of Xenomorphs?
    English, in an almost Sean Connery like voice but a little higher pitched.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Takanami View Post
    English, in an almost Sean Connery like voice but a little higher pitched.
    that is either the worst thing ever, or the most awesome.
    i'll get back to you

10+ Year Old Account
    Dreams can sometimes, not always, simulate our inner thoughts.

I've had a few dreams similar to what you've explained and it could very well be your frustration of not getting the girl.

... That being said I've had dreams where a monkey in a fez hat was mocking me on a train ride to Brazil with my friend playing guitar, playing the same song over and over. I believe I lacked sleep at this point of life.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disregard it, man. Dreams take things to the extremes. It's like... your worst fear, if that makes sense? Just a terrible nightmare.
    Hell, I had a dream where literally all of my friends but me died in a shooting in a mall, but it was just that, a dream. Sort of the same thing, a terrible fear I had after hearing about a ton of shootings, I guess. Though, it didn't bother me because it was so unbelievably ridiculous, that it was obvious it was just a crazy dream.

And I agree with the "knight in shining armor" thing above me. Your mind wants you to love her, what girl wouldn't love the guy who saved her from a rapist? That's a pretty heroic, and noble deed. Just a dream man, good luck.

If you have to ask if you're capable of this violence, then you likely are, but the answer you want is "no".
    The lips of the righteous shall meditate wisdom, and he shall speak justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're over-analyzing. I've dreamt about doing things that made me nauseous when I woke up. Dreams are just dreams. Don't live based off of dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Thanks for all the answers. Especially Noctim. You made alot of sense and made me think about it more logically rather than emotionally.
    Think I'll give the girl a call tomorrow and ask her out for a cup of coffee.
    I don't even know what this forum is about (other than MMO's) but I found this thread by googling "being bothered by a dream" because I, too, was bothered by a dream I had.

The person who said to get away from this girl is correct. Here's what's going on:

You used to be very close to the girl, but because you never were straight up honest with her about your feelings, she never found out about them, and now in your dreams you're acting out the part of the "romantic hero" because you think if she got into that situation, you saving her would make her yours. Wrong way of thinking. First of all, you probably don't really want her to get into such a precarious situation just so that you can "save her" from it, and second it's probably not going to happen anyway. You want to keep things under your control. Even if she didn't have a boyfriend, it's likely too late. Okay here's the thing. The fantasy of "I'll tell her how I feel, that I always liked her, and then she'll maybe feel the same way" is something that only works in movies. Sure, there's a tiny chance it MAY work, but it's like getting hit by lightning, maybe even more rare. So why rely on something when there are 3.5 billion women on the planet? The way to tell a girl you like her is to grab her hands, look into her eyes and say some form of "Girl. I like you. Come over here I want to show you something." and then you kiss her. The problem with that is, there's like a contrast like freakin mercury to cheesy puffs in that. The change in your behavior is SO DRASTIC it's probably going to weird her the F*** out. So that's why it's too late. You probably at some point realized you felt more for her and IN THAT MOMENT was the right time to do something about it. The right moment isn't some magical time in the future it's WHEN IT HAPPENS, IN THE MOMENT.

I like that you want to get coffee with her, but by saying you're "asking her out" you have totally the wrong frame of mind. You don't ask women out on dates. You tell them strong. "Hey. You're cool, it's been so long, we gotta catch up. Let's have coffee tomorrow." or whatever day, or you could ask her what her schedules like.

While it is within your potential to still get a girl back in this situation, in the place where you're at right now you're not going to be able to do it, especially feeling how you feel right now. I would meet other girls, talk to them, and if you are attracted to them, say it strong, from the very beginning. You have to be strong, own your desires and go for what you want. That's sexy. That's being a real man, and it's so rare that a girl will melt for that in a heartbeat.

and never feel this kind of unrequited love again. dont fall for a girl until you've been with her on more than just a friends level.
    Last edited by alexanderose; 2012-06-25 at 09:25 PM.