Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Armored Druid Forms, Scarlet Halls Video, MoP Quest Voiceovers, Setup of the Month

Diablo 3 - Hotfix, Treasure Goblin Analysis, Barbarian Guide, Wizard DPS Calculator, and Machinima Contest

Armored Druid Forms Preview
    In Mists of Pandaria Druids will get the Incarnation talent, which allows them to change into an armored version of the form for their spec. The images below show the different colors of the armored forms.

Armored Bear Forms

Heroic Scarlet Halls Video Preview
    The last beta patch enabled many of the Heroic difficulty level instances, including Scarlet Halls, which is a combination of the old Armory and Library wings of the Scarlet Monastery.

Mists of Pandaria Quest Voiceovers
    Blizzard added a lot of voice acting for questlines so far and the latest patch added even more! Here are a few samples of what to expect while leveling.

Shokai Questline

White Tiger Temple Event

Bold Karasshi Questline

Computers - Setup of the Month (by chaud)
    Each month or every 2 months, depending on the hardware evolutions, the lovely chaud will work on a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

This month
    Hard drive prices are slowly declining, but are still above the pre-flood prices, so now is still a good time to buy a SSD. The current SSD prices are still moving downward, with sales bringing the cost to under $1 per gigabyte. A few sales are even nearing 50 cents per gigabyte, so look for something on sale!

If you are building today and don't go for the upper range of overclocking (past ~4.5Ghz) then you are better off buying Ivy Bridge. If you want to go for the maximum overclocks or have to save money, the 2500k is $25 cheaper. Unless you are doing a lot of video encoding or something that is similarly multithreaded, you do not need the 3770K and should spend that money elsewhere.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.

Don't hesitate to post any feedback in the comments of that news post, and don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions! If you are interested in Folding@home, take a look in our team's thread.

Peripherals/Monitors
    ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    MonitorAcer V223W EJBD 22-Inch Widescreen - $146ASUS VW246H 24-Inch Widescreen - $190
    KeyboardMicrosoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 - $25Cyborg V.5 - $46
    MouseLogitech G400 - $41Razer Deathadder - $44
    SpeakersLogitech S220 2.1 Speaker System - $23Logitech Z313 Speaker System - $40
    ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    MonitorASUS VE276Q 27-Inch - $267HP ZR2440W 24-inch (IPS Panel) - $375
    KeyboardLogitech G110 - $61Razer BlackWidow (Backlit)- $72 ($114)
    MouseLogitech G500 - $58Razer Naga (Buttons on the Side) - $74
    SpeakersLogitech Z323 2.1 Speaker System - $54Logitech Speaker System Z523 - $82

Puppy and Dolphin
    Overclocked Puppy will outperform Dolphin when multiple threads are in use (Not WoW) and come close in most other cases.
    Mix and match anything but the CPU/Motherboard combo between Puppy and Dolphin. Pick one of the two CPU/Motherboard combos.
    Mix and match anything between Dolphin and Narwhal.
    ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    CaseNZXT GAMMA Classic - $36NZXT GAMMA Classic - $36
    Power SupplyCorsair CX500 V2 - $57OCZ ZS Series 650W - $70
    CPUAMD Phenom II X4 960T Black Edition- $142Intel i3-2100 - $110
    HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - $26Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $29
    MotherboardASUS M5A97 AM3+ 970 - $102Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H - $129
    Memory4GB PNY Optima DDR3 10600 - $258GB G.Skill DDR3 12800 - $56
    Graphics CardGigabyte GTX 550 Ti - $120XFX 6870 or EVGA GTX 560 - $140 / $155
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Caviar Blue 500GB - $65Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - $115
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $22Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $22
    Total$595$715

Narwhal and Unicorn
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn. SSDs are always optional.
    ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    CaseCooler Master HAF 912 - $60Cooler Master HAF932 - $130
    Power SupplyCorsair 650TX V2 - $90Corsair 750HX - $135
    CPUIntel i5-3570K - $240Intel i7-3770K - $388
    HeatsinkThermaltake Frio - $59Noctua 6 NH-D14 - $83
    MotherboardASUS P8Z77-V LK - $152ASUS P8Z77-V - $190
    Memory8GB G.Skill DDR3 12800 - $568GB G.Skill DDR3 12800 - $56
    Graphics CardMSI 7850 Twin Frozr - $260Sapphire 7970 OC OR EVGA GTX 670 FTW - $480 / $420
    Hard DriveWestern Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $115Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $115
    SSDCrucial 128 GB m4 (Review) - $114
    OR
    Corsair Force Series GT 120 GB - $130
    SAMSUNG 830 128GB (Review) - $145
    OR
    OCZ 120 GB Vertex 3 (Review) - $105
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $22Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $22
    Total$1054 - $1184$1539 - $1744
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-06-10 at 11:21 PM.

eh boomies look awful.

Deleted
    So ugly with amours

Quote Originally Posted by Bitmad View Post
    eh boomies look awful.
    gotta have something to complain about. right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Moonkins need to be removed from the game, such a terrible eyesore or a complete joke.

boomies always looks awful.

Deleted
    I don't even have a druid, but damn those Bears look awesome. Too bad it's a short time talent and not a minor glyph

ahaha my druid is going to be legitttt

So if your smart and shop around for the best price. You can get the 3770k for $350

Deleted
    i feel so bad for balance druids. this armor makes the moonkin model look even worse...

Lol looks like I'll be going back to my druid this expansion, peace out Shaman and DK, you will be missed. Just wish those forms were permanent...

dont forget that they did a lot of voice overs in diablo 3 aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    It is optional, you don't HAVE to take the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Armors look awful. Please make it optional.

is it me or do the horde models look better than the alliance?

10+ Year Old Account
    New change in 5.0: balance druids under the effect of Incarnation will no longer be effected by a rogue's cheap shot ability.

*cough*

Anyway, the new bear and cat armor looks pretty snazzy.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Troll has the best cat armor.

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Voiceovers for quests... any chance they looked at SWTOR, when deciding on this?
    NO ONE CARES NOT EVEN CHAUD damn

So much work on bears and cat forms already, and now even more work done to them for such a limited duration.
    While us Moomies have needed an upgraded form so badly for a while. And these look horrendous

Seriously, just give us the option of changing our moomies colours, to the other colours of moomies in the world.

I don't usually have anything to complain about, but I have been a Moonkin for 6 years, and it's annoying that we're still waiting, here's hoping they have some new artwork for us Moonkins and updates to our actual form soon. Though if the armored moonkin models are anything to go by, maybe it'd be best if they left them alone;/

I love Moonkin form too, I would be happy to just beable to be a white/pale blue/lilac Moonkin

Not to mention all the forms have a masculine feels to them, I know it would be alot of work to have a female and male form, so I don't mind, but they could at least make them more neutral, that cod piece on the moonkins.... urgh.
    (No I'm not asking for a moonkin form with boobs.. I am female, I play female toons, and I don't want my character looking all masculine in their forms.)
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2012-06-10 at 11:59 PM.