Thread: Secret area

Secret area

We have found a secret area in the charr lands that may not be intended to be reached

search for G4vGMFld0Lg in youtube as i cant post a link

Some jumping required

10+ Year Old Account
    wouldnt call it a "secret area" but a not completed zone .-.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    wouldnt call it a "secret area" but a not completed zone .-.
    Hardly not completed -_-' he wall jumped up to get there lol. I'd say shoot something Anets way letting em know about it so they can fix that up...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anet has stated that there will be "secret areas" you can find from doing jumping puzzles..

grats on finding one

be careful. I don't know if they changed it but for the previous beta test they made it NDA'd, meaning you cannot disclose any information regarding the beta test even through means of youtube commentary videos or montages or anything of that nature. You could get in quite a bit of trouble as you put your signature on that. Of course they could've lifted it since then idk, just a forewarning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slipn View Post
    Anet has stated that there will be "secret areas" you can find from doing jumping puzzles..

grats on finding one
    That wasn't a "secret area" from a jumping puzzle, the jumping puzzles wouldn't have you wall jumping (IE jumping up an area by sticking into the wall) nor will they require you to use prof specific things to clear gaps.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    be careful. I don't know if they changed it but for the previous beta test they made it NDA'd, meaning you cannot disclose any information regarding the beta test even through means of youtube commentary videos or montages or anything of that nature. You could get in quite a bit of trouble as you put your signature on that. Of course they could've lifted it since then idk, just a forewarning.
    You under a rock man lol? First BWE hit and they removed NDA because you can hardly control that many people...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Thanks for the encouraging replies

Deleted
    Thanks for sharing this, i really had fun watching you jump haha. Also great music

the way up looks like Escher’s Stairs lol and at the end I found myself cheering the Charr on :P "jump u can do eeeet" haha

nice vid, cant wait to check the spot out!

This is about GW/GW2 engine. Every map is a separate instance, which has borders. You basically walked to the intended edge of the map (which is supposed to be hidden by mountains you scaled).

This approach is different from engines that do not instance each zone with "portals" between zones but actually connect zones together seamlessly.

Deleted
    lets all think positive

10+ Year Old Account
    WIII! I LOVE SECRET AREAS! in wow i usually exploited bugs to get to unreacheable areas... why? becuase is fun! but now GW2 give me that 2 but is totally legal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    WIII! I LOVE SECRET AREAS! in wow i usually exploited bugs to get to unreacheable areas... why? becuase is fun! but now GW2 give me that 2 but is totally legal!
    Not sure if "legal" is the right word here.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Not sure if "legal" is the right word here.
    exploration police enforce the laws of gravity and totalitarianism?
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass