Deleted

How do the world bosses work?

I haven't been keeping up regarding the world bosses so I wanted to ask if anyone knows if they're going to work just like the ones in Classic and BC or if they changed something.
    Since Blizzard said that world bosses would replace the current PvP bosses (at least I remember reading that somewhere) it seems likely that they also changed the mechanics.
    So, do those bosses still get flagged for the party that engages them first? I was hoping for some kind of system where the whole continent is notified that a boss has spawned and then everyone can just attack it and receive some reward for participating in the fight.
    Any news on this?

probably be tagged, but on short spawn timers, not like once a week crap.

All I know is that they respawn every few hours and will be farily easy to kill (not counting interference).

They will be comparable to Baradin Hold/VoA bosses in terms of both difficulty and loot.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-06-11 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it is tagging. I remember they said it would give individual loot to all who participated in the encounter like the new LFR loot system.

10+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately at this time on the beta.. the world bosses that spawn... so far is only Galleon - a giant Mushan, in the Valley of the 4 winds.. and The Sha of Anger, in Kun Lai Summit. neither of these have really been downed in any reasonable sense. last i heard it took like hundreds of level 86's to down Galleon. but thats purely a rumor. given how easily they one shot people.. id have to believe it. the world bosses are so far looking like raid level bosses, meaning that you should be level 90, and have some decent gear. 5-10 level 86's in greens simply wont be able to handle it. blizzard did say, that the loot dropping from these world bosses would work in the same way as the new LFR loot system. but since there hasnt been any real attempts to do these bosses with any sort of winning percentage.. its hard to say anything else at this point. is tagging a part of it.. do you have to be in a group to receive loot.. a bunch of unanswered questions.. so this.. like a bunch of other things... are just not finished yet. and we will have to wait a bit more to find out how Blizzard expects these bosses to be dealt with.

that being said.. i do expect players who participated in downing a world boss.. and got a chance at some loot.. to probably be locked out of his loot table for the week. only to prevent groups from camping and farming for easy gear... taking away from the real raids. we all remember the fiasco that came with the start of LFR.. and the pro guilds exploiting for easy gear.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-06-11 at 01:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    unfortunately at this time on the beta.. the world bosses that spawn... so far is only Galleon - a giant Mushan, in the Valley of the 4 winds.. and The Sha of Anger, in Kun Lai Summit. neither of these have really been downed in any reasonable sense.
    Actually, I've seen a video of a group kill Sha of Anger. Didn't look like any loot was awarded though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're anything like the Cata world bosses they'll be meant for like 10-20 level 90s or so, and will be most likely on a 12-36hour respawn. The fights will all be roughly the same too, once you tag it the opposite faction will try and kill/wipe you and the people on your faction will try and reset him and taunt/kite him around to be annoying. All of this is assuming you play on a server like mine though :P

I think a system like WAR public quest rewards would be good. Either get loot or a better chance at loot based on how much you contributed to the fight.