Poll: Zerg or Flood?

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aralevara View Post
    It's amazing how many people blindly voted for Zerg. I actually took some time to read up on both the wiki pages and would say the Flood would win.
    The Zerg incorporate useful genetic code into their own whereas the Flood just take control of everything even lightly wounded dead. I would say this is more advantageous to the Flood.
    While both have regenerative healing, the Flood have the upper-hand in that the organs are non-vital essentially making projectile weapons like the hydra's completely useless. I would imagine that zerglings wouldn't be so effective either since every combat form of the flood are incredibly strong and once again piercing weaponry isn't so effective.
    I'm not even sure the Zerg could reverse engineer the Flood DNA as once it's in you, well you're part of the Flood now.
    Given that there are quite likely trillions of zerg and more created all too easily. One or two million absorbed even would be a worthy sacrifice to gain new DNA for them.

Again it comes down to what's faster the assimilater or the infecter.

Deleted
    Doesn't the Flood gain knowledge about the enemy if they infect? So if they infect any type of Zerg they would know how to counter them and learn how to infect them easier, could have sworn I read that somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero-tier View Post
    Doesn't the Flood gain knowledge about the enemy if they infect? So if they infect any type of Zerg they would know how to counter them and learn how to infect them easier, could have sworn I read that somewhere.
    Maybe but similar could be said for the zerg. I mean again we're talking about a hive mind species specializing in infection and corruption vs one specializing in absorbing and acuring new dna of any type.

Quote Originally Posted by Aralevara View Post
    It's amazing how many people blindly voted for Zerg. I actually took some time to read up on both the wiki pages and would say the Flood would win.
    The Zerg incorporate useful genetic code into their own whereas the Flood just take control of everything even lightly wounded dead. I would say this is more advantageous to the Flood.
    While both have regenerative healing, the Flood have the upper-hand in that the organs are non-vital essentially making projectile weapons like the hydra's completely useless. I would imagine that zerglings wouldn't be so effective either since every combat form of the flood are incredibly strong and once again piercing weaponry isn't so effective.
    I'm not even sure the Zerg could reverse engineer the Flood DNA as once it's in you, well you're part of the Flood now.
    Are you forgetting about brutalisks? Or that one giant flying unit with like 6 spinecrawlers growing out of it? Sure the flood have strong combat bodies but you're just looking at it a bit wrong, maybe thinking mechanics vs mechanics when more speculation would be needed. Maybe a tiny popper could take over a brutalisk or ultralisk, but the amount of time that would take seeing as it's so big, the zergs body might have already rejected it or found a way to combat it then share that via the overmind. Hell, from the wiki, Ultralisks are supposed to be like 5m tall and brutalisks even bigger. I wouldn't quite call Hydra's useless as the spines they fire are serrated and would tear the floods bodies to shreds. Zerglings may be useless but banelings would wreck anything.

Also, the organs may be non vital, but hit the little puffy thing in the chest once and it's over. Infesters would probably be good at that with fungal growth, as it would infest and damage the whole of the body it hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread makes me want to find my Halo 1 & 2 install discs. Mainly because I want to see how Halo 2 runs on Win 7. I hope it runs better than it did on Vista.

Tyranid > Zerg > Flood

I don't know how psioncs work in Halo, or if they even exist, but Kerrigan could probably single-handedly take out the majority of the Flood just by herself.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The flood would be slaughtered easily by far VS the Zerg

Flood FTW /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im pretty sure the flood hands down, The zerg are easyly killable and the flood wiped out entire civilizations including the forerunners, not only that but the flood are a parasite at heart which gives them far better adapatability and killing means. It seams most here have no clue of any history about the flood besides that of which was in the halo games, shame, they should look it up before blindly voting for zerg.
    But you show no understanding of Zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Tyranid > Zerg > Flood

I don't know how psioncs work in Halo, or if they even exist, but Kerrigan could probably single-handedly take out the majority of the Flood just by herself.
    Tyranid>Zerg>Chimera>Flood

let's get them all on one world and see what happens.
    sure the Tyranid will win, but imagine the fucking weird morphs we'd end up with.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    Tyranid>Zerg>Chimera>Flood

let's get them all on one world and see what happens.
    sure the Tyranid will win, but imagine the fucking weird morphs we'd end up with.
    Do the Tyranid have the same undying desire to assimilate and reach evolutionary perfection like the Zerg do?

---------- Post added 2012-06-11 at 03:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumata View Post
    But you show no understanding of Zerg.
    I found this amusing as well. All the people who said we just blindly picked Zerg seemed to show no knowledge of the Zerg themselves.

Amusing indeed...
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-11 at 07:19 PM.

Do the Tyranid have the same undying desire to assimilate and reach evolutionary perfection like the Zerg do?
    They are already at top evolution, they just adapt to weapons of enemies in order to get more biomass. Only thing sending them forward is endless hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Czevak
    "There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has thought and purpose that functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bioengineered monsters it unleashes upon us almost by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if is aware of us at all it must know us only as Prey."
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-06-11 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They are already at top evolution, they just adapt to weapons of enemies in order to get more biomass. Only thing sending them forward is endless hunger.
    I weep for their birth Galaxy.

I weep for their birth Galaxy.
    Whats more scary? They avoid Necron tomb worlds. Not ignore, AVOID.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Whats more scary? They avoid Necron tomb worlds. Not ignore, AVOID.
    I've been weeping for the Milky Way already.

Zerg can infest too and they have parasites as well. They also have bigger weapons. Ultralisk versus Flood? Flood stands NO chance at all. And Kerrigan would probably assimilate Gravemind and take over the Flood herself. So in essence: Total Annihilation

Deleted
    Broodlord infestor, ez win
    Also, the zerg has, Stephano, Jaedong, DongRaeGu and NesTea, so yeah EZ win

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Given that there are quite likely trillions of zerg and more created all too easily. One or two million absorbed even would be a worthy sacrifice to gain new DNA for them.

Again it comes down to what's faster the assimilater or the infecter.
    An entire galaxy had to be purged of life, sorry but the zerg couldnt do that. Flood win, any arguement about that the zerg would win is plain stupid since they wouldnt, everything known about both points to the flood with absolutely no contest.

My questions regarding the Flood,

It is a virus that converts sentient life into the Flood, and this Flood is in turn controlled by the Gravemind. Now, would the Zerg be considered sentient? The only individuals in the present day Zerg is Kerrigan, the Overlords(?), the Queens (?), and Brood Mothers. The fodder like Zerglings are just basic animals. And on that note, once an individual is infected, then everything that individual knew would be part of the collective mind of the rest of the Flood. If a zergling is infected, assuming a zerg can even be infected, would the Flood then know every single thing about the Zerg, or nothing at all?

And assuming the Flood are unable to infect Zerg, or the Zerg evolve a resistance to the Flood, how will the Flood actually get its army in the first place? The zerg can be grown, the flood require a sentient host. Unless they directly infect Kerrigan, or use humans/protoss, I don't see how they'd actually defeat the Zerg.

I really don't think there's enough actual lore to know for certain, seeing as how neither race has encountered another hivemind-type organism before. I don't think I've actually ever heard of a situation in any fiction where that's occurred. If a Zerg infests a Flood, or the Flood infects a Zerg, to which would that individual belong? Would the Zerg/Flood learn anything about each other from that interaction? When Zeratul touched the Overmind's... mind... the Overmind as well learned everything Zeratul knew and the location of Aiur. Would something similar happen with this situation? Would both races instantly know everything about each other?
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-11 at 11:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Tyranids.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!