Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    If blizzard restored hc characters because of lag, then the game has hit an all time low.
    If they DON'T restore the characters who died during their stupid lag fest on their end, then they hit an all time low. This is most likely a troll post that I'm quoting, but w/e.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't touched Hardcore for this reason yet. I'm not playing if my progress is gimped by goddamn server issues. Because then it feels like I'm not challenging myself. I'm playing a slot machine and getting a random result. Lame.

And I know fully well when it's MY problem and it's theirs. And it's theirs. Some people might have golden connections to the server gifted from the high heavens.
    But I know alot more who are really getting frustrated with this game due to connections fluctuating like an indecisive grasshopper. They've loosely acknowledged the problem but I don't see any ETA on a fix.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    I was only a lvl 8 barb thankfully but while fighting skele king the game minimised to desktop because of a blizzard permissions popup. Couldn't believe it, tabbed back into game ASAP and was dead. If I was lvl 60 I may have punched the screen lol.

If only there was an offline mode.

I want my deaths in HC to be because the monster pack I am fight is genuinely hard. I don't want my deaths to be because I live in New Zealand, and the servers are located in Los Angeles.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    If they DON'T restore the characters who died during their stupid lag fest on their end, then they hit an all time low. This is most likely a troll post that I'm quoting, but w/e.
    I don't think Blizzard will bring back dead HC characters for whatever reason. This was their policy in Diablo 2 and I doubt it has changed. Dead is dead.

---------- Post added 2012-06-11 at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    If only there was an offline mode.

I want my deaths in HC to be because the monster pack I am fight is genuinely hard. I don't want my deaths to be because I live in New Zealand, and the servers are located in Los Angeles.
    Offline Hardcore has no meaning as there are multiple ways to cheat death in offline mode, and way too many possible exploits for it to have meaning.

They will never restore HC characters for any reason, which is very clearly explained to you when you make one. So no, not a troll post.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Offline Hardcore has no meaning as there are multiple ways to cheat death in offline mode, and way too many possible exploits for it to have meaning.
    That may be, but at least any deaths I had would not be to something I have no control over, which was my point. If a mob is too hard, I can just avoid it. I can escape server lag.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Just instantly hit esc as soon as you feel some lag coming, it might save your life

10+ Year Old Account
    troll post lol umm they never restored any HC characters regardless of lag or mobs its the whole idea of HC u take a risk
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

troll post lol umm they never restored any HC characters regardless of lag or mobs its the whole idea of HC u take a risk
    So the only challenge of HC is being lucky with lag spikes?

To me hardcore mode is irrelevant as long as it is not possible to do it offline because most deaths are caused by lags (from blizzard or from your ISP or whatever).

I know exactly what HC is....but if you and others can't see how retarded this truly is, then I'm not sure what to say. There's a difference between dying from your mistake and dying due to the server being stupid/whatever other reason(s) ;\. I know they most likely won't, which again is another reason I won't ever roll a HC toon, if I lost a ~70+ hour HC Inferno toon due to Blizzards' servers being crap at the time of death, I'd be pissed. I can handle dying to my own mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    I haven't touched Hardcore for this reason yet. I'm not playing if my progress is gimped by goddamn server issues. Because then it feels like I'm not challenging myself. I'm playing a slot machine and getting a random result. Lame.
    This is a game based of rng playfields, loot, and mob compositions... you're already playing a slot machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know exactly what HC is....but if you and others can't see how retarded this truly is, then I'm not sure what to say. There's a difference between dying from your mistake and dying due to the server being stupid/whatever other reason(s) ;\. I know they most likely won't, which again is another reason I won't ever roll a HC toon, if I lost a ~70+ hour HC Inferno toon due to Blizzards' servers being crap at the time of death, I'd be pissed. I can handle dying to my own mistakes.
    Again its the RISK you take
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    This is a good thread. +1.

People don't play hardcore for glory, they play hardcore because when you die 9 out of 10 times it's both hilarious for viewers and the player themselves, and the other time it's a genuine mistake which is why you play hardcore.

Of course lag sucks, but really it's few and far between.

Kudos to OP for having a good attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely get to Hell, but I won't bother with Hardcore past Hell, having a small bit of lag can really mess shit up it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    If blizzard restored hc characters because of lag, then the game has hit an all time low.
    Care to explain why? It's one thing if people died on HC due to their own stupidity or something outside of Blizzard's control, such as their own power failure or networking issue, but in this case, it's clearly Blizzard's fault. Something definitely happened last night and was felt in every area of Blizzard's online services. Since they're aware, I can expect one of the things they'd do, being the awesome company they are, is to restore the HC characters all killed last night due to their problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Care to explain why? It's one thing if people died on HC due to their own stupidity or something outside of Blizzard's control, such as their own power failure or networking issue, but in this case, it's clearly Blizzard's fault. Something definitely happened last night and was felt in every area of Blizzard's online services. Since they're aware, I can expect one of the things they'd do, being the awesome company they are, is to restore the HC characters all killed last night due to their problem.
    "Oh, I died to lag blizzard pls restore"
    "you died to a mob hitting you?"
    "yeah but i lagged and if you look i had xyz ability i could've used to avoided it."
    "... okay... restored"
    "muahahah"

you shouldn't restore characters, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberries View Post
    "Oh, I died to lag blizzard pls restore"
    "yeah but i lagged and if you look i had xyz ability i could've used to avoided it."
    "... okay... restored"
    "muahahah"

you shouldn't restore characters, period.
    How about this:
    "Oh, i died to lag blizzard pls restore|
    "yeah my level 40 character died to white mob from normal, because 10 seconds game keeping you online after you dc (and that's after 5-10 seconds you were realizing that lag is here) is enough to die in anything which otherwise would be absolutely harmless"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    That may be, but at least any deaths I had would not be to something I have no control over, which was my point. If a mob is too hard, I can just avoid it. I can escape server lag.
    Yes I agree totally with you on that. I personally would be very upset as well over losing a hardcore character to lag but that's how it was in Diablo 2 and lag was a whole lot worse there.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was wondering what was going on last night. it was very sudden. I was at Maghda on my non HC wizard in Hell, and i went to use my spells to kill the adds and before i knew it, i was dead. needless to say, that was frustrating. thankfully it corrected itself long enough for me to kill Maghda and gtfo lol.

and server lag spikes are why i dont really bother with HC. cause i know if i died due to a problem with my net or blizzards servers, i'd be throwing everything in my room out of my window.