Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Comodo Internet Security and MBAM Pro. Used to have MSE, until keylogger slipped past unnoticed. Still install MSE on relatives' computers, because it doesn't require much user action once set up.

I have been using AVG and it seems to get the job done.
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X - Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition - PSU: Cooler Master 1000W 80+ Gold - CPU: Intel i7 4930K - GPU: EVGA GTX690 - RAM - G Skill Ripjaw 16gb (4x4) @2133 Cooling - Corsair Hydro H100i - HDD: Western Digital CB 500gb and 1TB - SSD: Intel 128gb

Deleted
    I got no antivirus installed at this point.

absolutely..comdo...storie time

friends computer infected my usb with the inf bug..ThaT turns all your folders into shortcuts..

3 days later and everything like nod malbites etc etc..i informed the client that we be throwing away the usbs because it couldnt be fixed
    even after some that claimed to be able..not this version...dos commands etc forget it

but wait ..comodo free...pop up bug in the root of your usb ..clean?...click times 8 usbs..over

the keyloggers are way smarter than avg etc etc..comodo free and Ccleaner are all i use now

why is comodo so effective...doesnt run off the sinigtures...nothing will ph home off your rig..with comodo..

btw disable sandboxing..

ps and the comodo dragon browser is cool as well

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I actually like sandboxing. It's a great last line of defense for malware that actually downloaded and executed. I even have my sandbox set to "restricted" instead of "partially limited."

Deleted
    The problem with MSE is that it has a history of being signature-only based AV and used gimmicks like Microsoft SpyNet instead of true heuristic scanning. It's probably one of the reasons why it was one of the least intrusive AVs. Heuristic engine was supposedly added in version 2.0, but the quality of it is still very much unknown. The results the MSE is getting in professional tests are... not the best, to put it lightly (see here or here for example).

It's better than nothing I guess, but the point I'm trying to make is - do not trust your AV (especially MSE). Use your brain more instead of relying on AV and you'll be much safer.