Who are Mikal and Evkina?

This is a general easter egg/reference thread. If you find anything, share it here!

During the first beta weekend, I came across a tree in a semi-secluded area of Divinity’s Reach (Near the statue of Melandru, if you know where that is). There was an option to interact with it, and so I did. Upon doing so, the following message appeared on my screen:

“Two names have been carved into the tree together, Mikal and Evkina.”

While it did tease my curiosity, I shrugged it off as some nice flavor text and went on with my exploring.

Now, fast forward to this weekend. An hour before the weekend event ended, I was running through Divinity’s Reach when I saw a large group of people sitting around in a circle. In the center was a developer named Violet (Whose favorite color is jade, oddly enough). She, well, he was talking to the players, who were surprising well behaved, and answering some of their questions. I asked a few of my own, and then I got the sudden idea to ask about the tree. Was it an easter egg? A reference to something? Judging by his response, I think it’s safe to say it is. He also said he'd love to tell, but unfortunately needed to head out to Ashford for the finale event, and then proceeded to transform into golem sentry and run away. (Note: All devs are secretly golems in disguise.)

Here are some screenshots.

Oh, and not to point any fingers, but he did say his name was Mike.

Last edited by Laste; 2012-06-11 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laste View Post
    (Note: All devs are secretly golems in disguise.)
    That's Asura ingenuity at its finest. Took me, Mif, Squirrel, Nalle, and all the other dedicated MMO-C Asuras I'm too lazy to name ages to create golems to create a game featuring us and some obligatory side-character races. Our loyal golems are almost done now, and soon, all Asuras may reap the benefits. At cost, it will also be offered to bookahs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no spoon?

Just messin'! On a lighter note, those names do grip my curiosity...