Deleted

Change of Graphics Card

Hi, so basically I'm looking at switching graphics card but I'm not too sure what I should be looking for. I know how they are preformance wise but not too sure if any card can fit in any machine or if I would be limited to what I could choose.
    I have a pre-built PC - this (currently using a ATI Radeon HD 5450 which is apparently intergrated into the motherboard, is this removable?)
    I was looking at upgrading my card to this but I am not sure if my PC can handle it or not?

It would if you upgraded the power supply. I'd suggest this one:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139027
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

Deleted
    So pretty much, if I can fit the 7850 in and change the power supply it should be good to go? Overheating won't be a problem ect. I presume?

10+ Year Old Account
    An integrated GPU can't be removed but I've never heard of 5450 being integrated. For all I know it's a discrete solution. A tiny and pretty weak discrete card taking up a PCIe x16 slot and should therefore be removable. Don't pull it out by force, there's probably a hook on the right side on the slot.

As Sunius says, you will want a new power supply in order to meet the new power demands. From the looks of the pictures it supports standard sized PSUs, so there should be no trouble there.

Corsair, seasonic, XFX, Antec, Enermax, I'm sure I'm missing some but these ones do good PSUs. Don't go for a no-name with lots of watts, because it will most likely suck. Rather go with 450-500W of a known brand. Do google a review or two before purchase of any model. Most good PSUs got reviews done on them.
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-06-11 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfrex View Post
    So pretty much, if I can fit the 7850 in and change the power supply it should be good to go? Overheating won't be a problem ect. I presume?

you will probably want to look into it.

i think some prebuilt pcs like dell use proprietary mobos, cases and power supplies. so theres a slim chance that it may not all be compatible

I don't advice the previously linked PSU, I'd rather have something more powerful, like a 450 - 520w PSU.
    Either way, yes, you can likely add the card and it will fit the case. It will fit the motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I don't advice the previously linked PSU, I'd rather have something more powerful, like a 450 - 520w PSU.
    Either way, yes, you can likely add the card and it will fit the case. It will fit the motherboard.
    7850 maxes out around 100w. Total system draw under full load including processor shouldn't exceed 250w~. That PSU is fine.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-06-11 at 09:45 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    I beleive that the 5450 can actually be removed in this case, but I will read more into it just to make sure. I will also look further into a change of PSU keeping in mind going for a reliable one.
    Thanks for the help guys much appreciated