Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Do you guys enjoy playing Support?

I just tried to play a normal, summoner's rift just now, after going back on my words to only play Dominion when not playing with Real life friends. While I am figuring out what to play the other's pick everything but support, they havn't locked in though. I write 'guys, I am not gonna play support' because I do not enjoy being a support in this game, I find it awfuly dull. So the one who had chose Ezreal calls me a troll and the Ryze says that I should L2P support. I respond with 'Why don't you pick a support then?" (I probobly should've said I could play any role but support, but I thought that would be obvious). Ezreal answer is 'Sure, I'll troll game', proceeds to pick Promote/surge and afk the game. Ryze said nothing. So, when our Jungler decided to go afk, so did I by that point.

So, do you guys enjoy playing the support role? ANd if you get mad at people who don't pick support, then why don't you pick support?

Deleted
    It can be interesting and just as game turning, i prefer support like blitz, ali and Leona tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends a lot on the AD. If there's a good synch between the two, it can be a lot of fun. If you get some dolt who has 15 CS by the 40 minute mark and keeps charging face first into obvious ganks, then I don't.

Similarly, there has to be some similarity in how aggressive you and your ad play. An aggressive support w/ a passive AD or vice versa is just going to be frustrating for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind playing support if someone knows how to play ad. But when you play with someone who can't lasthit and does stupid things I wish I was the ad.

Deleted
    Yes I do.

You should try out aggressive supports, like leona, maokai, blitz, nunu, even fiddlesticks! You will actually have good time, and you know that map will be warded.

Deleted
    Support is a lot of fun if and only if you know the people you're playing with, especially if you're on voice chat. In random queue I grind my teeth when I get asked to support, especially if they want soraka.

Quote Originally Posted by s3ki View Post
    Yes I do.

You should try out aggressive supports, like leona, maokai, blitz, nunu, even fiddlesticks! You will actually have good time, and you know that map will be warded.
    I have done some Support Poppy with my real mate, and we have been dominating our lane. However, when teamfights come - I always feel to weak (Too few items, or below lvl). That might just be how I perform though, badly. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    I don't mind playing support if someone knows how to play ad. But when you play with someone who can't lasthit and does stupid things I wish I was the ad.
    This.
    So terrible when you run with a AD carry that well, isn't doing his job...

I only run support with a RL friend who enjoys AD carry when i (or other friends) am/are support.

Soraka/Nautilus support that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    I have done some Support Poppy with my real mate, and we have been dominating our lane. However, when teamfights come - I always feel to weak (Too few items, or below lvl). That might just be how I perform though, badly. :P
    Run in, and blow up a carry, than die. Your job is done, you just traded life of a support, for life of carry. But, if you aren't sacrificial guy, well than... it might be a problem!

Deleted
    If you have reliable teammates, playing support is really fun. If you have morons as teammates, playing support is horrible. Worst kind of players are people who complain that you have less kills than them while they are carries and you support.

Deleted
    I like to play a support like soraka or janna and to just autoattack the enemy ad carry. It's also a good practice for when you play an ad carry, because you get a feeling for when you can autoattack the enemy without loosing health.

EDIT: plus, wards win games and you can carry games with a support. My longest winning streak in the game is 15 wins when i started to play ranked games and all of those wins were made possible by playing only support (mostly sona before aura nerf).

Deleted
    I love playing Sona. Getting huge amounts of assists and generally impossible to kill.

Deleted
    I hate it, so boring just standing around being useless all game. If you don´t get much assists in lane or your team loses dragon in addition to not having GP5 runes really make you feel useless.
    Last edited by mmoc704a8b6868; 2012-06-11 at 01:07 PM.

It's good and fun to do it if you don't mind it and can play a competent support, because in solo queue usually the other 4 players will want to play anything BUT support, so if they do agree to do it, it will just be forced and reluctantly so they probably won't do a very good job ("I'm not having fun so no one else should be able to!").

Deleted
    Depends, if I'm in the mood I like to play support, usually I support with Orianna tho... I prefer to have utility over heals.

The one who claims that a support is useless is not doing a good job at being a support... they are the ones who will save you from a death or give you the kill that would have gotten away otherwise.

Deleted
    I can uderstand those who don't like to play support,
    but I can't really understand those who think support is useless....

I love supporting with many champions, I play mostly Janna.

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    If you have reliable teammates, playing support is really fun. If you have morons as teammates, playing support is horrible. Worst kind of players are people who complain that you have less kills than them while they are carries and you support.

That's the thing, I think support to be the least fun because if the rest of your team fails, then it's not that much a support can do to turn that around on her own, imo. Very off putting, to me.

Deleted
    Other than jungling, supporting is the most fun to play in laning phase. A good support who disrupts enemy farming, knows when to harass and how to ward can easily push enemies out of their lane and win bot lane for your team.

For late game the role obviously varies depending on the champion but most support champions can make great plays because of how their abilities work.

I'm not sure why people find supporting boring. Seriously, whenever somebody says they "don't want to" or that "it's boring" all I can think is that they have no idea what a support actually can and should do.

Deleted
    Alistar is awesome support. If you have an offensive AD (I said offensive, not stupid) you can get massive kill attempts. If you get a defensive/stupid one, just roam and help jungler/mid/top set up ganks. Alistar is a godlike ganking jungler, but he does fine roaming too. All you need is mana for Q and W, maybe flash. If you have your ulti you can tank turrets too. Play it M5 style!

Soraka is boring, but the best support if you lack gp10 runes/kills botlane. Ult just before succesfull gank, get assist. Janna is tons of fun in teamfights, Taric is fun with a burst AD that isn't stupid, Sona I don't like since she is too dependant on her ultimate hitting right to be usefull in a head-on teamfight rather than poking.

And morgana rocks too. Bind hits? ENGAGE. Bind misses? NP, I'll just ulti in teamfight and win it for us anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I only enjoy unconventional and aggressive supports. Traditional supports are boring, but the aggressive ones are a blast if you have a competent lane mate. I've had great games as Leona where my lane partner took advantage of every opportunity I gave him. I've also had games as Lulu where the AD will stop attacking and run away every time I gave him my shield for the extra damage, survivability, and increase the range for my Q.

The dumbasses make the role the least picked and hated, the good players make it one of the most rewarding roles in the game.

And it looks like you were playing normal blind, so you should just lock whatever because the meta goes to hell when playing normal blind.