Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Taric is my go-to support. I usually end up dying in team-fights mid-game, but I save everyone else and they murder the other team, so I'd like to think I do my job.

He's truly outrageous.

support leona is fun reach lvl6 and if you have an ashe you can chain stun the other carry. And your not completely useless mid/late game with those stuns.

Deleted
    I love it... Actualy i allways end up playing supp nowadays. Since there tend to be a trend that the last pick in ranked "has" to be the support and they allways ask if they can play something else.

Sure its not a carry role, but you will be able to help your team to victory and you provide information with vision at tactic points, deny vision, keep people alive. Setting up kills etc etc. I mean... Whats not to like about it?

Helping your carry to get kills in early / mid game will 9 out of 10 times define the victory of the match. Best way to do that is picking a support with CC of some kind. Sustain support is effective too, but borring as hell and rarely gets your carry kills, unless you get help from jungler. (which rarely happens, since they tend to babysit mid or top). You are kinda expected to hold the fort at bottom and get fat on your own till TF's start to happen.

When i pick support it entirely depends on the ad on our team, but soraka is allways a safe bet and turns out to be a monster lategame with infinite mana / healing for your team.

Janna is fantastic support to, but a lot and lots of players tend to mess up her ulti and do more harm then good. xD But she is a great support in order to reset fights, kitting people, setting up slow but painful kills for your carry.

Lattely i enjoy to play Alistar. Teamed up with a Vayne or another aggressive AD and you are guaranteed a kill with W-Q combo and after lvl 6 tower diving is very safe. The beauty of Vayne is that she snowballs so insanely hard. Get her FB and there will be A LOT of kills to follow ^^.
    Reach 40% CDR and you become CC king for your team. Alistar just requires a bit of strategic approach, since he is pretty squishy if you mess up your timing on your abilities.

Strangely enough, i almost never see Sona being played at my Elo. The nerfs must have really hurted her i guess.

The comps i tend to aim for when i see the AD:

Soraka: Urgot, Varus, Kog, Eze, Corki (Mana heavy users)
    Alistar: Vayne, Corki, Trist, Graves (Gap closer ad's)
    Janna: Trist, Corki, Draven, Sivir
    Taric: Urgot, Sivir, Vayne, Graves
    Blitz: Graves... Strongest comp ive ever witnessed. But the Blitz has to land them hooks!
    Leona: Same as alistar
    Last edited by mmoc7b9e2e08c4; 2012-07-04 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Support can be quite fun, though not that easymode boring robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    If you want to get into playing support, then I advise you to not run shit comps before you actually get used to playing the role/champion.

It's like you're not even trying...
    Haha, yeah you know, the problem is I had no idé that it was a bad comp.

I prefer jungling, but support is fun too. Can never go wrong with soraka / Alistair. I take support if people in ranked are crying not to support. Better to have them on something they hopefully are good on.

Deleted
    Its fun to play support, if you do it right

i enjoy playing Janna because i can give my AD carry kills and therfor i know that it was my play that got us that kill, of when i make a tornado that saves an ally, ITS AN AWESOME FEELING! but you should LP2 support befor playing ranked

10+ Year Old Account
    Support is underated.
    If your support is good, and works well with your AD carry at bot, it can easily win you the game.

I prefer Jungling, but when I take a break from jungling in my 5s then I support as Janna, Sona or Taric.
    I'm good at all of them, and when I'm just staying back supporting my team, I can call the best shots for our next move in the game.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Support can be quite fun, though not that easymode boring robot.
    You should try Gangplank support. Sounds crazy, but it'll give you something different to enjoy!

Yeah i do. Not all, but some of them are fun.

I play support almost every game

I prefer Lulu, Sona or Janna, I find Soraka a bit dull for some reason.

Soraka is THE passive support. Sure, her silence can hurt and prolonged combat means you got 0 MR on you, but Q spam drains mana and silence is mostly used for giving mana. Her remaining two skills are both heals, while may be gamechanging, are not exactly innovative. (Taric's and Sona's heal themselves as well, for example.)

While I do hate seeing a Soraka on enemy team, I hate it more to play as her.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Deleted
    Support is fun, but it may be a bit boring if you constantly play that single role and nothing else, but yes, i enjoy playing support, and it's my "main role".
    I've bought all support champions except for karma because i find her...lame and underpowered. Favourite support would be Taric, due to reasons mentioned above, and my most hated support would be soraka..for the same reasons mentioned in the post above me. But i hate it even more when the enemy team has her....as the poster above me said :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    You should try Gangplank support. Sounds crazy, but it'll give you something different to enjoy!
    Seen that happen from supported perspective, was quite fun. I don't mind passive play very much, because you still have actively contribute to the game to allow you play passively (though it could be definitely done better, and Soraka is really not much fun). But what I hate with passion is the retarded type of support represented by Blitzkrank, where you're sitting until enemy makes single mistake, and you can win from it. It's really no fun to play it, nor to play against it. Yet it appears quite often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Soraka is THE passive support. Sure, her silence can hurt and prolonged combat means you got 0 MR on you, but Q spam drains mana and silence is mostly used for giving mana. Her remaining two skills are both heals, while may be gamechanging, are not exactly innovative. (Taric's and Sona's heal themselves as well, for example.)

While I do hate seeing a Soraka on enemy team, I hate it more to play as her.
    I wish Soraka didn't exist. She exists purely to support passive play on both sides and it's boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Haha, yeah you know, the problem is I had no idé that it was a bad comp.
    So you're saying you go on playing champions you know jack shit about without checking a guide and/or livestream/tutorial?

Come on..

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    So you're saying you go on playing champions you know jack shit about without checking a guide and/or livestream/tutorial?

Come on..
    I said nothing in those manners, I know perfectly well how to play Zilean.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Let's not forget how outrageously ugly she is too.

(Yes that's important)

None of the guides I've read for champions I've played have told me who I should be laning with
    Then you haven't seen the proper ones where it is described in high detail which champions are bad laning partners, and which champions are good laning partners. This is based on synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    I said nothing in those manners, I know perfectly well how to play Zilean.
    Then you should also know the lane potential with certain other champions.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2012-07-04 at 09:16 PM.

I bought Divine Soraka skin without any sale when I tried her out. I couldn't withstand to look at the other two. That's how ugly Soraka is.

Hopefully her remake is close and she'll have more cleavage/boobs/ass/redhead/legs/lips/whateverthefuck they can give to her.

I've seen the new skin to Karma as well. (As a datamined file) I like Karma but she is much more gold hungry than other supports. Though her shield holds for a lot and she does have a percentage based heal that makes your tanks get wet in the right places, she still needs farm to be effective. While that is not a bad thing for my team mates, and we do have a specialized Karma player among us, there are still many AD carries around who start yelling "AMAGAD YOU TOUCHED A MINION BY MISTAKE ALT F4 NOW YOU DENY ME FARM! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!" when you get a few minions. Gotta love randoms I guess.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

I am 78% as soraka in Ranked. I dont really enjoy playing soraka or taric, sometimes i enjoy ali and naut support but thats about it. However, i play support most of the time because i really dont wanna screw up a important lane, prefer just keeping my ad carry safe. I love playing support when my ad carry is good, but when its a player who doesnt know what last hitting even means then its all so tragic.