Deleted

Still not enough keplers

It's been 2 months since the release of the GTX 680, and they still don't have enough stock to fill all the orders + the price has just risen...

Glad I ordered it earlier and got it for 50€ less, but man, such wait time :/

Which kind did you order?
    But yea, it's not looking to let up. They should find different manufacturing alternatives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Which kind did you order?
    But yea, it's not looking to let up. They should find different manufacturing alternatives.
    Just the reference one from EVGA (ordered it from a belgian online store).

So far I'm not that impressed by the Keplers, I have an MSi GTX670 in my comp at home and while it's far better than the 9800GTX I was running before, it still seems to struggle. Granted I'm running it at stock clocks right now, but it seems like D3 on one monitor and streaming on another shouldn't cripple the thing, and I've already had it crash a few times (probably a driver issue there though). I know my PSU is more than sufficient enough for it (HX 1050).

Overall so far I've had video crashes, choppy/laggy video performance while gaming and streaming, random FPS drops, and overall my comp seems to be getting choked up by it.

Frankly unless I can figure out why I'm having all these issues with it I might go with either SLi 560s or switch to an ATI card.

Overall so far I've had video crashes, choppy/laggy video performance while gaming and streaming, random FPS drops, and overall my comp seems to be getting choked up by it.
    Have you tried turning off hardware acceleration for the flash player?

D3 in general seems choppy to some. See if it stays that way if you disable VSync but cap FPS at like 68 instead.
    The FPS-drops <60 seems to drop it down to 30 effective FPS in D3, despite it only dropping a few frames in Wow for instance. It's quite frustrating.
    And your problems, esp driver related would only increase if you went for SLI.

(What kind of CPU do you have?)
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    So far I'm not that impressed by the Keplers, I have an MSi GTX670 in my comp at home and while it's far better than the 9800GTX I was running before, it still seems to struggle. Granted I'm running it at stock clocks right now, but it seems like D3 on one monitor and streaming on another shouldn't cripple the thing, and I've already had it crash a few times (probably a driver issue there though). I know my PSU is more than sufficient enough for it (HX 1050).

Frankly unless I can figure out why I'm having all these issues with it I might go with either SLi 560s or switch to an ATI card.
    My 560Ti's broken (Still don't know for sure what, haven't returned it yet. Wasn't a great card anyway, bad thermal paste made it extremely loud and apparently it could've been the VRM's not cooled well by the Twin Frozr III), so I need a new card anyway. since I've never had ANY issues whatsoever with Nvidia, I'll stick with them, just personal preference.

I could still RMA the 560, get a second one, but that'd be even louder, they'd run hotter and they'll draw more power while performing less, So I'd rather go with kepler at the risk of getting sub-optimal drivers (and a long wait time, apparently ). And if they're both as loud as the one I had, I might as well use a vacuum cleaner to cool my PC...

Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    My 560Ti's broken (Still don't know for sure what, haven't returned it yet. Wasn't a great card anyway, bad thermal paste made it extremely loud and apparently it could've been the VRM's not cooled well by the Twin Frozr III), so I need a new card anyway. since I've never had ANY issues whatsoever with Nvidia, I'll stick with them, just personal preference.

I could still RMA the 560, get a second one, but that'd be even louder, they'd run hotter and they'll draw more power while performing less, So I'd rather go with kepler at the risk of getting sub-optimal drivers (and a long wait time, apparently ). And if they're both as loud as the one I had, I might as well use a vacuum cleaner to cool my PC...
    2 560 Ti's outperforms a single 680, definitely louder thats a given, top card usually runs hotter. I know in my situation im grabbing a 7850 for the other pc and taking my 2nd 6950 back, which is unlocked like my current gpu so dual 6970's is good for a while, considering a single one still plays everything fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    2 560 Ti's outperforms a single 680, definitely louder thats a given, top card usually runs hotter. I know in my situation im grabbing a 7850 for the other pc and taking my 2nd 6950 back, which is unlocked like my current gpu so dual 6970's is good for a while, considering a single one still plays everything fine.
    I'm not a big fan of SLI/CF (except on the 6990/590/690), especially if you have to deal with this sound right next to you, twice (it's actually way louder IRL, crap's broken :/).
    I didn't know 2 560Ti's outperformed a 680 though, thought I saw benchmarks that showed the 680 close to 590, my bad then

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a very good reason for this.

1. The production was not satisfactory from the beginning.

2. They are selling more products compared to the 580.

http://videocardz.com/33266/geforce-...r-than-gtx-580
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    D3 in general seems choppy to some. See if it stays that way if you disable VSync but cap FPS at like 68 instead.
    The FPS-drops <60 seems to drop it down to 30 effective FPS in D3, despite it only dropping a few frames in Wow for instance. It's quite frustrating.
    And your problems, esp driver related would only increase if you went for SLI.

(What kind of CPU do you have?)
    Yea that's basically what I had noticed, though for the SLI thing I was referring to downgrading to a fermi GPU and possibly running that in SLI. I'm not 100% on that route yet, I just know I keep seeing issues popping up that people are having with the current series of nvidia video cards.

As far the CPU, I've got an i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz (I've not bothered OCing anything in my comp as of yet).

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    There is a very good reason for this.

1. The production was not satisfactory from the beginning.

2. They are selling more products compared to the 580.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1...0001layer2.jpg

http://videocardz.com/33266/geforce-...r-than-gtx-580
    I am allergic to unlabeled graph axes :/