Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth17 View Post
    I understand the points made about maturity but say I don't like it - I thought I was suppposed to make mistakes in life. I can leave BT after one month if I can't cut it. Don't you think my parents should cut the apron strings now I've left school? Anyway everyone is ignoring the fact that they are refusing to educate themselves. They are determined not to change their mind for the sake of winning the argument. At least I tried to be open minded and consider their point of view but they won't do the same the same for me. In my opinion they are being way more immature.

PS i'm 17
    They don't refuse to educate themselves. What is there to educate themselves about? They know full well what the military is about and probably better than you, considering their life time of experience. Regardless, they don't care about whatever it is you want them to be educated about, they care about their daughter's wellbeing. They probably see you in some retarded war getting yourself killed over nothing, because they believe you have rose-coloured ideas about the army. Or they see your life being destroyed because of people in the army making you miserable, bullying you, accidentally shooting you, whatever. Don't you see? It's not prejudices about the army as such that's making them disagreeable, it's their worry for YOUR wellbeing, coupled with believing you are too young to make any such decision. And no, it's not weird that just because you did a few googles they didn't stop worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth17 View Post
    I understand the points made about maturity but say I don't like it - I thought I was suppposed to make mistakes in life. I can leave BT after one month if I can't cut it. Don't you think my parents should cut the apron strings now I've left school? Anyway everyone is ignoring the fact that they are refusing to educate themselves. They are determined not to change their mind for the sake of winning the argument. At least I tried to be open minded and consider their point of view but they won't do the same the same for me. In my opinion they are being way more immature.

PS i'm 17
    I think 17 is young for anyone to join the Army, I'm 28 this year and when I see 17-18 year olds I wonder if I've ever been that young rofl, they do look like "children" to me. Not trying to take the piss, just saying it how I see it.

We have all experienced our parents choosing what is best for us once or twice, if I understand this correctly you are legally not yet considered an adult so they can "boss" you around as much as they want and that is as it should be, they got what? 40-50 years of life experience, parents are not always in right but they've probably experienced a fair bit.

If I was in your shoes I would find something to do for a year or so that would be usefull in the future once you join the Armed Forces. There is a lot of civilian expertise/skills that can be useful in the Forces, find something like that to do and you won't feel like it is a total waste for the future either. Not sure what your options is as a 17 year old the UK is though.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...