Need a game to pass time with.

So I've been playing League of Legends to pass the time until Guild Wars 2 comes out, but right now I'm done with League of Legends. I've lost all interest to even play that game anymore mainly because of the community is so horrible. So.. What are some other good F2P games out there that can fill that spot for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to suggest Terraria, but since you said F2P....ummm....Team Fortress 2?

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I've gotten well over 100 hours of fun play out of Terraria (and I still get cravings to play it), which makes it more than worth the $10 it costs. Hell, it might even be less again; you know how Steam loves it sales.

If you're adamant on not spending any money whatsoever, have you tried out Vindictus? It's free (though has cash shop stuff), and you pretty much never have to interact with the community, unless you choose to. And even then, the community isn't so bad.

Tribes: Ascend is friggin killer if you enjoy old-school fast paced team shooters.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    check mmohut for a ton of free to play games and some first looks & reviews