Thread: A question

A question

So, about 1 month ago I bought the RX240 Kit. I had a little issue with the RAD and it leaked on me. ( Inside the computer ) it also took my motherboard with it. So my question is, should I now order a new RAD and try to install the kit again or just let it go? Watercooling seems like a lot of fun but I'm just worried that it'll leak someday ruining my computer again.

Anyone have any advice?
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    So, about 1 month ago I bought the RX240 Kit. I had a little issue with the RAD and it leaked on me. ( Inside the computer ) it also took my motherboard with it. So my question is, should I now order a new RAD and try to install the kit again or just let it go? Watercooling seems like a lot of fun but I'm just worried that it'll leak someday ruining my computer again.

Anyone have any advice?
    Paper towel everything and run the watercooling by itself, do the old fashioned soapy water trick on the radiator to check for leaks prior to installation. Imo you started something f***ed it up, so now your obligated to do it til it works right, people may not agree but thats my philosophy.

Like Milkshake said, simply leak-test your loop first and you should be golden, if no leaks form in the first 24 hours, you've got about a 99% chance that none will, unless you move your computer around a lot. Your components should be installed, but no electricity should be flowing to them while you're leak-testing.

However, I'm personally thinking about removing my loop and selling the parts and picking up a decent air cooler like the NZXT Havik 140. It was a fun experience, but I move my PC a lot (e.g. taking it to LAN parties) and I get paranoid every time I do. That being said, if my PC was more-or-less stationary, I would definitely keep the water loop.

If you are still apprehensive, I'd watch TTL's guide on watercooling:
    Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6qpkigby5w&
    Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBBjkIw7wU&