Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    If you lie about something, you have to be sure about it. You cannot simply lie and then feel guilty and come out with the truth. If you decide to conceal some information from someone, for whatever reason, you have to go through with it. And for that, you have to make sure the reason is good enough.

Why did you feel compelled to hide that from your gf: Is your gf easily the jealous type? Or is she going through a mistrust stage? or is she very insecure to the point of being a problem for her every time you are alone with another girl?
    You should seriously consider if you actually want her back, or at least want her back right now. If the answer to any of the questions i posed earlier is yes, she has to realize that her jealousy/insecurity is going to be a threat to your relationship or any other relationship she has in the future, and it's best you tell her, because you are the one who thought it would be best for her if she didn't know about an innocent meeting.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    So the point basically is, stop lying OP, especially when you have no reason to.
    That would be a great advice if everybody in the world was level headed and 100% emotionally stable. However, this is not the case, and 100% of humans have emotional issues of one or other kind, which makes complete honesty the surest doom of a relationship.

Truth is a very powerful and precious thing. It has to be handled with care, and one has to be careful who to give it to.
    Last edited by mmoca165b6ca3d; 2012-06-13 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    No, you have to read your partners text messages to make sure they aren't cheating on you.
    If you don't even trust eachother, why would people even get into relationships? I think people are too desperate or/and always get into relationships too soon without growing up yet.

So your situation is you like lying about silly things, but can't commit to the lie, ending up admitting to lies later on. Sounds true to me. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    That would be a great advice if everybody in the world was level headed and 100% emotionally stable. However, this is not the case, and 100% of humans have emotional issues of one or other kind, which makes complete honesty the surest doom of a relationship.

Truth is a very powerful and precious thing. It has to be handled with care, and one has to be careful who to give it to.

Thus why I said "No reason to". The guy didn't need to lie, had he been honest and just said he hung out with the girl but nothing happened, the situation probably would've been different.
    There are very few moments where lying would be the better choice, to save someone from being hurt. But even so, I firmly believe the truth is a better tool.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    If you lie about something, you have to be sure about it. You cannot simply lie and then feel guilty and come out with the truth. If you decide to conceal some information from someone, for whatever reason, you have to go through with it. And for that, you have to make sure the reason is good enough.

Why did you feel compelled to hide that from your gf: Is your gf easily the jealous type? Or is she going through a mistrust stage? or is she very insecure to the point of being a problem for her every time you are alone with another girl?
    You should seriously consider if you actually want her back, or at least want her back right now. If the answer to any of the questions i posed earlier is yes, she has to realize that her jealousy/insecurity is going to be a threat to your relationship or any other relationship she has in the future, and it's best you tell her, because you are the one who thought it would be best for her if she didn't know about an innocent meeting.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 05:47 PM ----------

This is a problem too. Things were going well, and she was regaining trust in me, and then I dropped another "bomb". I keep thinking what would have happened if I had just let that pass? We'd probably be happy right now