Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point in time, it is impossible to say with confidence how the universe came to being without violating the law of conservation of energy, or how it violates it, but it would also be incredibly ignorant and limiting to simply say "god dun it" and call it a day.
    Putin khuliyo

While I understand nothing of the concepts behind all the theories I have heard, there are quite a few of them.

I have read about stuff like vacuum energy. So basically they say, the coservation of energy rule doesn't get broken when the total sum of energy is zero. So...energy might just "pop up", if, assuming I understood correctly, negative energy apears somewhere else... or something :P . Now, if there was nothing before things like big bang, that energy might have popped up there...just like that.

The black hole theory was already mentioned.

Then just recently I read an article that was about time and space (duh). There have been suggestions that there exists a multiverse and our universe is just part of it. Since world always goes towards higher level of entropy, it will at some point reach maximal entropy state. Apparently at this point it could happen that to get to even higher level of entropy, like nature always tries, there might just pop up new space (read: new universes) where it will start growing even more. So, apparently, new universe might just pop up. The article wasn't about energy, but more of what time is, but to my understanding maximal entropy state is "cold death of universe". You know when no particle interacts with anything else anymore since there is no free energy anywhere left to do so (since doing something is never 100% efficient). So, from that state might suddenly pop up new energy. Possibly related to the first thing I mentioned.

There are lot of ideas. How sensible they are, I can't say. I dont even understand that stuff. I just read it in layman terms. Energy might have always existed or, yes, it might have just popped up. Apparently physics can allow that in some theories.

If you want to say "god did it", you need to define "god" for us? Nice omnipotent fellow who looks over us from above? Or maybe the part of existence that allows existence of energy which then lets everything we know exist. Matter is energy. Everything that happens requires energy. ect.

What I think? Dunno. I just like reading this stuff even, if it doesn't make much sense. I hope we one day solve this puzzle too. Until that I just enjoy the suggestions.