10+ Year Old Account

Ret Pally Macro Help?

Hey all, I have a problem with a macro I use on my Ret Pally. I'm sure you guys have seen a Pally using this. Basically puts you in Crusader when you get on your mount and puts you back into whatever aura you want when you hit the macro to dismount.

#showtooltip Vicious War Wolf
    /cast [nocombat, nomounted] !Crusader Aura; [mounted] !Devotion Aura;
    /stopcasting
    /cast [nocombat, nomounted] Vicious War Wolf;
    /dismount

The problem I'm having is a lot of time when I'm PvPing, I lead with Judgement instead of hitting the Mount macro to put me back in my aura I need. Could anyone help me write a macro that would put me back in Devotion Aura and cast Judgement? It seems like every time I judge my target though, it would turn on and off the specified aura in the macro, which would suck?

If this doesn't make sense, I'll rewrite it when I get back from the store. This was just a quick little post before heading out the door.

I think you'd need to use the [nostance:#] modifier so it doesn't change aura if you're already in the desired aura. # being the number of the aura(counted from left -> right on the aura bar)

#showtooltip Judgement
    /cast [nostance:devotionaura#] Devotion Aura
    /cast Judgement

That should work, I think
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It's not possible to do this unfortunately.

Paladin Auras are not like Warrior stances or Druid forms. They are normal spells with a Global Cooldown, and it isn't possible to use it with another ability that uses the GCD.

That's why it's usually paired up with mounting and dismounting since that is unaffected by the GCD.

In Mists of Pandaria, auras appear to be gone anyway, save for Devotion Aura which has a 3 minute cooldown and is being redesigned entirely.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like I'll have to stop using that macro then cause I always dismount by leading with a Judgement, thanks for the help anyway guys.