Deleted

Wii U getting black ops 2 as a launch title?

i know alot of people dont care about call of duty but i really cant see how anyone can complain about nintendo not bringing the "hardcore" and 3rd party back to the console.. if this is true.

lots of sites but no confirmation from activision or nintendo as of yet but this picture is a scan of the new Nintendo Gamer magazine (or at least thats what we have been told :P)

Wouldn't surprise me -- Black Ops 2 and ZombiU (probably some others too), to cater to more mature/action-oriented gamers and/or those gamers who have children/spouses that might enjoy the Wii and this gives them a game that's more up their alley.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that type of carpet.

It wouldn't surprise me for this to launch on the Nintendo. People have always viewed the Nintendo systems as for younger kids, this is probably one of the big steps they're going to be taking soon to grab a mature audience.

Online for it will most likely be shit as it will be untested and have a small player base.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Online for it will most likely be shit as it will be untested and have a small player base.
    lol its been tested.. just not by you so it must be bad, right? small player base? lol... who cares you play with your friends or at least thats what i do when i go online 9/10 times and if this means we have less whiney xbox kids screaming down the mic then thats cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    lol its been tested.. just not by you so it must be bad, right? small player base? lol... who cares you play with your friends or at least thats what i do when i go online 9/10 times and if this means we have less whiney xbox kids screaming down the mic then thats cool.
    Yeh your just gona have whiney nintendo kids screaming down the mic. And we all know oh how well internally only tested services go. It will not be polished as nintendo will have just stepped into the online gaming scene. I buy COD for the online first and single player second.

I can't say much about the validity of this rumour, but personally the magazine itself looks like a fake. The article itself is what gets me... it reads like something a community college freshman wrote in his spare time. It's riddled with less-than-professional sentence structure ("but for the most part you'll kicking it as Woods, Mason and the rest of the first Black Ops funsters"), and admittedly I know very little nothing about the game itself, but the whole plot seems a bit far-fetched to me, even for a Call of Duty game. Perhaps I'm just giving too much credit to the media and gaming industries, but as with most unconfirmed rumours, I'm taking this with a few grains of salt until there's official word on the matter. Either way, I likely won't be buying the game regardless... FPS just isn't my genre.

Yeh your just gona have whiney nintendo kids screaming down the mic. And we all know oh how well internally only tested services go. It will not be polished as nintendo will have just stepped into the online gaming scene. I buy COD for the online first and single player second.
    Soooo... With the kids screaming it's gonna be exactly like it already is, right? Yup, sounds like it. Nintendo has of course tested the online function, they know that is their #1 weapon to steal Microsoft and Sony's players, and this console outdos the 360 and PS3 in all specs possible, you can't deny that. Microsoft and Sony has been too slow to catch up with Nintendo.

Tbh this wouldn't surprise me, Activision really likes money, Nintendo want the hardcore back. I won't buy it though, I despise releasing something that could just be downloadable content and calling it a new game, they should just have stopped at CoD4, or atleast try to make a new game instead of having people pay a shit load for something that is mildly different. This would be an expansion pack at best, but definately not a whole new game.

Also, as far as I know Nintendo Gamer is a reliable source, it's not too far fetched saying that it'll be a release title. I just wish we'd get more new games and less re-released games like Arkham City, ME3 and now a CoD. Oh well, it'll get the Nintendo games eventually, but as of right now I won't buy it on release just for Super Mario Bros Wii U or Pikmin 3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo has let the hardcore gamer boat sail for over 8 years.

I like what Nintedo does, but I feel like their reign of being a gaming platform is coming to an end.

Modern Warfare 3 is on the Wii as we speak.... and it has multi-player. This is news how?
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD is hardcore gaming? Lulwut?!
    CoD is aimed at 12 year olds, so it means jackall that WiiU is getting it.

All my friends who have a Wii, and want a WiiU for like the whole 4 good games on it that aren't directed at families are using ZombiU, CoD and Arkham City as an excuse saying Nintendo isn't just for kids anymore.
    But it's not the truth.

Nintendo sadly let it slip, and although they won't stop making stuff, because of their playerbase in Japan, but it's reign as one of the big ones is falling ever so more every year.
    They will be remembered for Zelda, Mario and Smash Bros, but that is it now.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Soooo... With the kids screaming it's gonna be exactly like it already is, right? Yup, sounds like it. Nintendo has of course tested the online function, they know that is their #1 weapon to steal Microsoft and Sony's players, and this console outdos the 360 and PS3 in all specs possible, you can't deny that. Microsoft and Sony has been too slow to catch up with Nintendo.
    Catch up? This is nintendos next gen console, MS and sony havnt released theirs yet, i dont see any catching up needed. As for thier online mode thats been "tested" We will see how tested it is on launch. I doubt it will steal any playerbase from xbox live and even PSN as both are most likely far more polished than the new nintendo online.

Deleted
    Catch up? This is nintendos next gen console, MS and sony havnt released theirs yet, i dont see any catching up needed. As for thier online mode thats been "tested" We will see how tested it is on launch. I doubt it will steal any playerbase from xbox live and even PSN as both are most likely far more polished than the new nintendo online.
    who cares if they havent released theirs yet.. it could be 1, 2 or 3 years till we get another xbox or playstation and then wii u will only have another 2-3 years left before nintendo brings out the next next gen. Well xbox came out a year earlier and has sold the worst out of all 3 systems sooo MS does nothing but catch up in software and hardware.. unless wii u does a vita then its going to steal players from both xbox and playstation.

If its free from nintendo all i want is a decent eshop, quick and fast match making, easy communication with friends, tablet / controller will make msgs, navigation and muting etc all far easier than xbox and playstation offer so imo.. its going to be in 2nd place for online behind pc IF it has a decent online system.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    who cares if they havent released theirs yet.. it could be 1, 2 or 3 years till we get another xbox or playstation and then wii u will only have another 2-3 years left before nintendo brings out the next next gen. Well xbox came out a year earlier and has sold the worst out of all 3 systems sooo MS does nothing but catch up in software and hardware.. unless wii u does a vita then its going to steal players from both xbox and playstation.

If its free from nintendo all i want is a decent eshop, quick and fast match making, easy communication with friends, tablet / controller will make msgs, navigation and muting etc all far easier than xbox and playstation offer so imo.. its going to be in 2nd place for online behind pc IF it has a decent online system.
    Most pc online interfaces suck ass, id take xbox live over steam anyday. Iv had far more problems with steam than xbox live. And the new MS console is slated for sometime next year not in 2-3 years. As has been said by multiple game companys. Just becuase the xbox sold less than a system half its price does not mean it wasnt a better console.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Nintendo sadly let it slip, and although they won't stop making stuff, because of their playerbase in Japan, but it's reign as one of the big ones is falling ever so more every year.
    They will be remembered for Zelda, Mario and Smash Bros, but that is it now.
    what are you talking about have you seen how well the 3ds is doing? also the wii did pretty well didnt it.. its had a bad year and suddenly nintendo is falling apart. You also know that Japan is nintendo's smallest market.. and played a huge part of why it did so badly.

Most pc online interfaces suck ass, id take xbox live over steam anyday. Iv had far more problems with steam than xbox live. And the new MS console is slated for sometime next year not in 2-3 years. As has been said by multiple game companys. Just becuase the xbox sold less than a system half its price does not mean it wasnt a better console.
    steam is miles better than xbox live.. kid yourself into thinking otherwise but you are just wrong lol. So uve had problems with steam.. thats wonderful to hear its a different system working on totally different computers and now phones too (so yes problems might happen).

Some unknown source saying xbox 3 coming out next year... riiiiiight. ill wait for announcements from microsoft and i dont expect them to go hey we have a new console.. its coming out next week news. Halo 4, Gears of War next year all coming for 360 right? makes sense having your 2 biggest franchises on old systems. Its like nintendo bringing out the next zelda on the wii in november. That will cause people to go out and buy the wii u lol...
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-06-12 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    Zeta333 whining about Nintendo, no news here.

On topic, I suppose it is good for Nintendo, it goes to show that they have managed to reconquer the third party support they lost with the Wii afterall. Now question remains whether they can keep it or not. Not that I personally care about Blops2 as my Wii-U "launch titles" will be the best Wii games I haven't played, but good nonetheless.