Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    From what I noticed is you get the kill for downing someone not the finishing move. At least that's how it shows up in the scrolling kill log.

Deleted
    Do you get something when you kill a player?

Deleted
    Ah, the modern PvP game (in any genre) - the person with the most amount of kills attributed to his name is of course the best player on the pitch.

I love playing support roles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    This is one of the best points of GW2 that some people seem to hate. At least PvP wise.

Instead of "ME! ME! ME!" PvP like in other MMO's, Guild Wars 2 tries to build up a "US! US! US!"-mentality instead which is MUCH better.
    By the Gods.

That... it brilliant.

Good sir/madam, with a single sentence you solved a long-term mystery to me - why I enjoy PvP in GW2, but not in any other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well what's the cliche statement? There is no I in team.
    Nope but there is ME, and sadly that where most of the pvpers i meet tend to dwell. So happy that credit is shared and i can play a support role whenever i choose with no downside

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    Do you get something when you kill a player?
    I believe every kills in sPvP is worth 2 points (which are shown on score board). Also last blow to "boss mobs" in the sPvP is worth points as well, and kill stealing those is a viable strategy when kill stealing from enemy team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    I believe every kills in sPvP is worth 2 points (which are shown on score board). Also last blow to "boss mobs" in the sPvP is worth points as well, and kill stealing those is a viable strategy when kill stealing from enemy team.
    but those points are for your whole team, not just yourself.

I don't see the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Is it rewarding to kill steal? Then they should just solve it by sharing xp and if you are on same team that you roll on the loot that dropped. I think I read somewhere that everyone in same team will be able to loot everything so there would be no fighting over stuff, don't know if that's the system they have in place?
    Already in place, If you contributed to the kill you get full credit as does everybody else that contributed to the kill. That includes XP and loot rewards. Also the rewards are not split. If a kill is to award 100 xp and 100 copper and 4 people contribute they all get 100xp and 100copper not the 25/25 most other MMO's hand out for a similar situation.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    but those points are for your whole team, not just yourself.

I don't see the problem here.
    Are they? At least the scrolling text showing kills only shows the one who scored the killing blow. I never paid enough attention to the score board beyond team score to see who score was awarded to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You don't gain anything be being the one to finish someone off, so why care?
    Personally I just use the mindset of "well my job here is done, finish him off for me"

this.........

10+ Year Old Account
    the kills are worth 5 points for the team, and it goes for everyone. As i said earlier you don't even need to get the kill on things that say "When you kill an enemy you get X bonus stacks up to 25 times." all you gotta do is land some damage on them and you'll get a stack. And from what i've noticed so long as you did ANY damage to the enemy and they die you get it marked under "Kill" Category (there are no assists so they just mark it as a kill but the team only gets credit for it once.) And btw, boss creatures in forest of nifhel are worth 50 points(or maybe it's 40 points).

PS: You can get Top Player Overall without actually getting a killing blow very easily, i've done it multiple times =D!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    And btw, boss creatures in forest of nifhel are worth 50 points(or maybe it's 40 points).

PS: You can get Top Player Overall without actually getting a killing blow very easily, i've done it multiple times =D!
    It's 50 points for the NPCs - they are too easy to kill though :/. Can solo both of them without even droping below 50% on my warrior, my friend playing on necro can kill the bear before he manages to walk up to him :P.

As for kill stealing.. you have got to be F***ING kidding me. You get far, FAR more points from objectives than killing blows, so.. who the F*** cares o_O? Kids these days :/

I love how people think KB's are so important. Have to lose that mindset with GW2. When playing my Mesmer, I wouldn't necessarily do a ton of damage, but I could bring out a buttload of illusions to help out. So while I confused the other team, my team would be able to pick them off, and we would share the kills.

A lot of people follow others because the map is so big. It's better to travel in groups since you don't know who might be around the corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riiyah View Post
    A lot of people follow others because the map is so big. It's better to travel in groups since you don't know who might be around the corner.
    it's this mindset that loses matches -_-'

don't run around in groups larger then 2 or else you can't have as much map coverage and you'll very easily lose! i just run from capture point to capture point (usually what ever one is under attack me and my pet will rush over there to help out) and then i'll lay down my traps at the central point, like the clock tower or the keep so if i'm not there it at the very least slows them down and assists anyone defending.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    It's 50 points for the NPCs - they are too easy to kill though :/. Can solo both of them without even droping below 50% on my warrior, my friend playing on necro can kill the bear before he manages to walk up to him :P.

As for kill stealing.. you have got to be F***ING kidding me. You get far, FAR more points from objectives than killing blows, so.. who the F*** cares o_O? Kids these days :/
    they are kinda easy to kill yes, and i think they're suposed to be soloable, however the problem is when you get CAUGHT soling, so many times that has been the death of me (or whoever i caught), so it's really more of Do you want the safety of the numbers? or the map control of doing it solo?
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    it's this mindset that loses matches -_-'

don't run around in groups larger then 2 or else you can't have as much map coverage and you'll very easily lose! i just run from capture point to capture point (usually what ever one is under attack me and my pet will rush over there to help out) and then i'll lay down my traps at the central point, like the clock tower or the keep so if i'm not there it at the very least slows them down and assists anyone defending.

---------- Post added 2012-06-12 at 10:56 AM ----------

they are kinda easy to kill yes, and i think they're suposed to be soloable, however the problem is when you get CAUGHT soling, so many times that has been the death of me (or whoever i caught), so it's really more of Do you want the safety of the numbers? or the map control of doing it solo?
    On my Thief, I always ran around capping and defending. It was a lot of fun, I could hold my own pretty well. It seemed like any time I engaged the Chieftan, though, an enemy player would show up. >_<

Deleted
    Is there a WvW tutorial or something?
    Or maybe they should make a legenda so people can see what sign means what because this one guy was flaming GW2 because he thought people just get thrown into pvp in WvW without even knowing what's going on whilst that's not the case at all.

But I can see how he thought that though because the signs aren't really that noticable when you just started playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    In GW2 PvP I've witnessed a lot of kill stealing, to the point its all people do. People will follow you around and spam the finisher to kill an opponent before you. Whats up with this? Has anyone else experienced this? Every PvP match people are always kill stealing, I think its kind of ridiculous and needs to be reworked.
    As pointed many times before, devs took a lot of inspiration from MOBA games like LoL. This seems to include credit (including the kill icons) going to the one doing the killing blow rather then everyone.

Not entirely sure if this matters all that much though. As a necromancer most of my kills come from condition damage and "death of a thousand cuts" style pressure, which means that pretty much any elementalist/warrior can kill steal from me with extreme ease. And while this is annoying to the point of being detrimental to the team (I've seen people run off the point we're capping to get the killing blow on someone clearly bleeding to death at max range), I don't really see it going away any time soon.
    there is so much wrong with these statements. first you cannot and i repeat CANNOT kill steal in GW2. using the finishing move on someone does not give you sole kill credit it is shared by everyone who helped kill the player. if fact if you did NOTHING to the person but finish them off you get ZERO credit for the kill. you have to be an active participant to get credit. kills give 5 team points and 5 points of Glory, objective neutralizers give 10 points of Glory, objective captures give 15 points of Glory, objective ticks give 1 point per objective owned every 2 secs, and killing the named bosses gives 25 Glory and 50 team points.

you want to finish people off in PvP and you will be glad that multiple people will attempt this as classes can vanish, stun, pull, go invulnerable, etc as you are trying to finish them or you may be low and unable to finish them yourself or need to move on to another objective to win, so having them finish the players off for you will be a godsend as they cannot rally and turn the tide in their teams favor. as an example, people hardly use the trebuchet in Khylo so i usually start my games manning our treb and i went straight for the node closest to their spawn and started shelling the crap out of it. then one team member was being attacked on the node closest to our spawn point, so i gave him some treb support there and we were albe to save it. then they tried to capture the clock-tower we had and yes i rained balls of fiery boulders on them there as well. to cut a long story short, i had 80 points of Glory before i even left the treb area without having finished anyone in the first 5 mins of battle, it was too pro.

i don't get why everyone coming from games like WoW want to play GW2 like WoW instead of playing GW2 as it's own game in it's own right. maybe it's just players are so jaded that when they see "this game is totally different from WoW they think it's just "WoW + quadruple specs" or "WoW + lightsabers".
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post

i don't get why everyone coming from games like WoW want to play GW2 like WoW instead of playing GW2 as it's own game in it's own right.
    Conditioned behavior, it is going to take a bit of time for people to adjust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I just remembered something, you get large amounts of glory for killin enemy catapults and repairing your own (in battle of kylo) you also get 1 or 2 points of glory per enemy hit with your catapult shot (you have to actually be using the catapult btw)

You can also get some additional glory at the end of that match for being a "Demolitionist" which you get from blowing up a lot of structures, you also get a bonus for hitting the most enemies with a catapult shot.

Ps: am I the only one who LOVES how they're encouraging doing the bonus objectives?