Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Shitty lvl 1-3? Sometimes actually. Not always tho.
    Can easily gank at lvl 2 with his W and E, but needs to get that autoattack for his passive off (especially if your blue is on the left side and you got a nice topper like Singed for a fling towards you).
    Boots of Mobility and say hello to my little speedy friend while you pretty much rape lane's

Why though? Why gank @ 2 without the hook and a one shot shield? If the AD carry or mid hits you with one auto attack or spell its broken and there goes half your damage. If you suceed great, but most people above 1300 ELO will have flash and escape Naut, even if he has Tier 1 boots. Now you are behind in levels and such.

I love Naut, IMO; my favorite jungle right now with Noc. Theres a reason in MLG Noc/Naut were two of the top 4 junglers picked in every game (or banned).

Also someone mentioned Naut having 3 CC's.
    1.) Auto attack Snare
    2.) Slow on his E
    3.) Hook with his Q is that CC? It is in my book when you peel hard with that
    4.) Ultimate that hunts you down no matter how far you go and murders you

Thats more CC then some team comps.

I generally try to counterpick when I can, and so my favorites vary with what I'm facing.

Strong enemy AD Carry(s): Jarven IV (free armor aura, yo), Trundle (when dealing with strong melee, usually, since Trundle is amazing at dueling other melee)

Need More CC: Nautilus, Maokai

Need Heavy Ganks: Maokai, Skarner

Need Initiation: Maokai, Jarven IV

Teammates Need Support: Gangplank, Lee Sin

For Some Damn Reason We Don't Have a AD Carry: Ezreal, Sivir

For Some Damn Reason We Don't Have an AP Carry: Heimerdinger, Fiddlesticks

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I've never really practiced counter-jungling with Mundo or any champ for that matter. Would I lets say as Nunu skip to enemy red buff and steal it if they are using a blue buff at lv 1 jungler?
    Yes but Nunu kinda sucks atm.

Counterjungling is never the same two times in a row. It all depends on everything, you also NEED communication with your mid. Sometimes you steal their red, other times you just wait for them to show up and kill them. Other times you just ward up their jungle so we can see them moving around.

That's whats awesome about jungling. Essentially if you currently consider yourself a jungler but you don't counterjungle, then learn to or you're doing the wrong role. It's such an important part. You can get such a lead you can essentially turn the game into a 5v4 by making them so underlevelled. This is why it pisses me off so much when lanes stop them wasting time. So lets say the jungler is sat in the river bush. It's warded and you know he's there. So why the fuck do you fire a skill shot into the bush to let him know you are there? Why not just let him waste his time while I take all his jungle.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    I probably have a few:
    1. Noct. First champ I ever jungled with and I still love him. My highest win ratio champ, and all round probably the champ I know the best. As an aside, I also play a fair bit of mid lane Noc. Trust me, it works amazingly. He pushes like a boss, has a spell shield and once he pushes if he gets roaming with that ulti, you are fucked. Easy champ to learn to jungle with, and just all round good. All in all I love noc cus he just does literally everything well.

2. Trundle. Ahh Trundle. I play him way too much. Great fun, his AD sap is amazing as a counterpick to hypercarries like those Vaynes or Tryndameres, as well as his ulti being amazing vs people like Rammus. Really fun champion, very underplayed but awesome. Trundle ganks are really good if you get your pillar right, along with the fact that your contaminate+ghost=one fast moving trundle. Amazing defensive jungler because he is very hard to fight, even for people like Lee Sin and Mundo.

3. Mundo. Love him. The nerfs did nothing to him. I use him to counterpick anyone I think I can walk all over. You pick WW, Amumu, Shaco or anything like that, and I'm going Mundo and say bye bye to your jungle.

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 01:29 PM ----------

Yeah wriggles on mundo is pretty retarded. It doesn't help his clearing one bit and he really doesn't need the sustain.

You also mentioned Shyvana. Yeah, I also don't build wriggles on her either.

You said they'd have to B several times in the jungle before they have sufficient damage. Have you looked at these champions early game damage? It's literally the entire reason Mundo is OP is that his early game damage is insane, and this damage scales despite him building only tanky. Shyvana is pretty much same deal. Wriggles isn't really necessary on either of them.
    Okay, no wriggles on Shyv is kinda dumb. She can solo dragon once she gets it, which can be at level 4 or 5 if your ganks go well. Very few junglers can say that, they normally need a few more levels. On top of that, Udyr is the only one I know of that can solo dragon early without wriggles. (I've done it at lvl 6)

Wriggles also allows her to eat enemy jungle buffs before they know they spawned. She might not need wriggles, but if your not taking it, your not using her to her full potential.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    First and foremost Shyvana. I despise mana-users that are not mages so she fits perfectly. She also has godly clear times which I love a lot. Also, she can't commit to stupid ganks early game, your team knows this so they're forced to play well. When she can do intelligent ganks, she does it very well, the one thing giving me trouble is giving the kills to the laners, but it works out in the end. One Frozen Mallet, Wit's End and a Guardian Angel later, we push endlessly to the nexus and we win, with me leading the charge as a dragon. That unstoppable feeling is someting that I have yet to find on any other champion.

And then comes Riven, the opposite of Shyvana. Early game ganks, dominance and snowballing. But I find her to be much much MUCH more risk-reward than Shyvana, who is a very safe pick. Riven jungle is easy to get an advantage but very hard to keep it. You have to keep your momentum throughout the game and that becomes hard, especially when teamfights start to occur. But, if Riven's team wins 1 or 2 teamfights then it's a sure win.

Other junglers I have:
    Darius: He mana-starves. FAST. I hate mana champions without mana runes and items. Also his ganks may be strong but if you don't feed the laner the kills you're going to suffer late game. Meh.

Jax: Haven't jungled him in a PVP game, but he clears fast, his ganks are strong and he doesn't run out of mana fast. I could get to like him, just need to find a good way to build him for each situation, because the jungler's income is somewhat clunky and can't build gunblade and triforce in a real game.

Kayle: Like Jax, her mana is somewhat good as long as you don't spam anything more than E you'd be golden, and she clears really fast with it. Lots of potential, but seems a little lackluster idk why.

Master Yi: No. First champion I bought and I don't like him at all.

Nocturne: Just bought him on the sale, haven't tried him in PVP but he looks like he might become my go-to ganking jungler, altough the mana issue is still there. He clears fast nevertheless. But, as nocturne, I could always use the other team's Blue :3

Renekton: He isn't a standard jungler and I can't see why. Just because his E is bugged with the Fog of War is not a good reason not to jungle him. He clears fast, sustains well, has STRONG ganks, can tower dive early, doesn't need a lot of items to be strong bar late game (Can just build 2 doran>Brutalizer early, sell Brutalizer for LW late). Seriously worth trying in the jungle.

Tryndamere: Like a mana-less Darius. Entertaining, yet I feel that I'm not playing Tryndamere well just by pressing W and right clicking. Awkward. But, I like him nevertheless.

Warwick: Mana hungry, clears so-so, ganks worse than Riven, Renekton or Nocturne or everyone that has snare or CC with less than a minute CD. Good starting jungler, but please grow out of it.

Tried Shaco, didn't like him (don't like gank-all junglers too much), tried Udyr, didn't connect with him. Altough he uses mana, he doesn't need anything other than Phoenix for fast clears, so that's pretty good. I want to try Lee Sin as soon as I can :/ Also Mundo, but he's ugly.
    One thing I will say, even though it is quite obvious, is that it REALLY does help if you don't use abilities whilst clearing camps. Whilst the clear time on each camp may be 5 seconds faster, you will have not used any mana. A good example is Darius. His Q is really nice for clearing but just auto attacking or using only 1 Q means that your mana last a lot longer. I know it sounds obvious but it really does work.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also means you take 5 seconds more of damage. Which, over the entire route, can definitely add up.

Sure, you don't always have to spam your abilities, but realise there's a trade off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    It also means you take 5 seconds more of damage. Which, over the entire route, can definitely add up.

Sure, you don't always have to spam your abilities, but realise there's a trade off.
    Yeah definitely, I worded it a bit wrong really. My point is that you don't always have to be spamming abilities like darius Q or pantheon Q, not really that you should never do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    You forgot to mention the part where the enemies take advantage of J4's ult. Happened once when an enemy J4 ulted and I was playing as MF, and I ulted his ass to death. A safe way to use J4's ult is to use it to land Killing Blows, as enemies can't escape from it when they're dead.

J4 is also my main jungler of choice, also have Trundle as a situational pick, and Xin Zhao when I feel like "Fuck all this I just wanna Be A Man!"
    hehe yah. I've ulted a team before, had my janna blow them all out of the cata, then we got morganaed. In hindsight, it was a bad game to be j4 lol. He is a fun champion though.

Lee sin. His dmg is insane early game and mid game, kinda fades in late game, but overall a very good jungler.

Well, I definately love Maokai, but I'm gonna say Trundle because he's the only jungler I'm atleast decent with.

Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    Yeah definitely, I worded it a bit wrong really. My point is that you don't always have to be spamming abilities like darius Q or pantheon Q, not really that you should never do it.
    But I like spamming abilities :c Seriously, that's how I like to play. Also, just bought Lee sin and my god he is powerful. So much mobility and can spam abilities too! (Provided you can space them with AAs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Was just about to say - don't spam Lee Sin!

Parasite....cause lol is weaksauce

Can't believe no one has said Amumu. Very decent damage, good initiate + stun in bandage toss, damage reduction, amazing ult that can set up easy lane kills and completely dominate team fights late game. Love kiting as amumu while regenerating health and then bandage tossing my way back in to finish someone off that thought they could kill me. Also what's more fun than predicting where someone is across the jungle and landing a bandage toss . Did I mention I love bandage toss?

Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    Can't believe no one has said Amumu. Very decent damage, good initiate + stun in bandage toss, damage reduction, amazing ult that can set up easy lane kills and completely dominate team fights late game. Love kiting as amumu while regenerating health and then bandage tossing my way back in to finish someone off that thought they could kill me. Also what's more fun than predicting where someone is across the jungle and landing a bandage toss . Did I mention I love bandage toss?
    His blue reliance lets him down, as well as he is just too easy to bully early game.

That said, as with any support tank, due to his utility he'll always be useful when TFs come around, even if he is underlevelled and underfarmed.
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf;17166963[B
    ]His blue reliance lets him down,[/B] as well as he is just too easy to bully early game.

That said, as with any support tank, due to his utility he'll always be useful when TFs come around, even if he is underlevelled and underfarmed.
    This. When you pick Amumu, you're getting counter-jungled, hard.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    nautilus, such a strong ganker:/,
    works well from early to late game, unless you get counterjungled 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Raiinz0r View Post
    nautilus, such a strong ganker:/,
    works well from early to late game, unless you get counterjungled 24/7
    Get a few clears in and he becomes difficult to fight in the jungle. Ward up properly and communicate with teammates.

And even then, with Naut's utility, he can be counterjungled constantly and still be useful in TFs. Yeah, the first few clears are rough as fuck, but when it hits TFs fuck me Naut has some power.

Yeah, been playing as Nautilus recently, he's a beast.

Oh, they fed Volibear so he's tanky AND hits like a truck? No problem! I just CC him to hell and he's screwed. Most people understand that you should focus whoever I sent flying into the air.

When I first started my favorite jungler was Udyr. Then it changed to Fiora, and now it is currently Hecarim. I don't really know why though. I've been playing him off and on the past few months since he was released and just recently I started to play him more heavily. For the past week I've been messing around with different builds and he's just an overall fun champ to play. I haven't done a ranked with him yet because i'm still working out the kinks, but overall from my testing in non ranked he's pretty decent if you know what your doing.

His ult is especially fun to play with. I've had a few baron steals because of it. And its always great in teamfights if you know when to use it.