Indiana becomes first state where you can shoot police legally. Who is moving there?

Finally a state in the USA we can be proud of.

About time citizens have legal rights against the pigs in blue.

http://www.allgov.com/Top_Stories/Vi...fficers_120611

With a little more elaboration, you'd be halfway to writing shitty online articles for bad mainstream news sites. How about next time you use a little less sensationalism and intentional misinterpretation so people can actually get what the law actually entails, not some incredibly biased (and, personally, slightly offensive) interpretation of it?

More or less, it is if they unlawfully search your house, you may use deadly force.

I would rather just keep it at force, not deadly though. Tasers allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I don't get why people are so disrespectful to the police. Sure, there are bad ones, but there are bad eggs in every profession. The good ones are out there, risking their lives so that you can be safe from criminals, and you berate them?

I don't believe this is a good idea, though. Citizens should be able to defend themselves from police who do abuse their power, but to allow people to kill a police officer for an unlawful search? That's just too much.

Police is awesome. Protect us and killing the bad boys prison them. We need a world full of police and laws.

personally, I believe that if an officer is unlawfully searching someone, then they need to tell the officer they must leave. if the officer doesn't, they can resort to -some- form of violence, such as a beating, IF and only IF the officer is abusing their power to do an illegal search or something along those lines. the only reason I feel you should ever outright kill someone, is if they are trying to kill you first. if an officer brought out his gun, pointed it at you, then you'd have every right to defend yourself. otherwise, killing a cop for an illegal search, to me at least, is like killing someone for robbing your store. it shouldn't be done, you should be allowed to beat the crap out of the thief, but not kill them, unless they pointed a gun at you first and threatened to pull the trigger.

Its funny the disrespect shown to those who protect the likes of you OP.

Sure there are some corrupt ones, but that's the case anywhere and for every group. However you would be the first one to scream for help if you were being invaded, or attacked or whatever, and EXPECT them to protect you. Then you go and bash them for doing their job.

I think the better question is... Who is glad to be where they are :P

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Its funny the disrespect shown to those who protect the likes of you OP.

Sure there are some corrupt ones, but that's the case anywhere and for every group. However you would be the first one to scream for help if you were being invaded, or attacked or whatever, and EXPECT them to protect you. Then you go and bash them for doing their job.
    If they willfully and unlawfully enter a private residence, either through their own incompetence, which lets face it, police really don't have any more ability that a greeter at Wal-Mart, or due to corruption, the homeowner should be able to legally protect their home.

Hopefully this law will help weed out the incompetent and corrupt ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Police is awesome. Protect us and killing the bad boys prison them. We need a world full of police and laws.
    I doubt you'd really want to live in a totalitarian police state. Be careful what you wish for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Ale View Post
    About time citizens have legal rights against the pigs in blue.
    Sounds like a true quote from someone who does everything that is not allowed and thinks he should get away with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Wooohoo just what we need a way to equalize things against those with too much power. Still probably not smart though.

I totally agree with "the law could open the way for people who are under the influence or emotionally distressed to attack officers in their homes". Now when officers respond to domestic calls and genuinely hear a disturbance inside they are going to have to fear being killed as soon as they enter the premises. A man beating his wife could easily kill the cop and claim unlawfull entry, I hope for the officers' sake nothing like that happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Presenting an anti-police topic is only going to stir the ire of our posters. Topic closed. Please stop getting your topics off Huffpost. This forum is deteriorating rapidly.